talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Sports opinions

football forum

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here goes mine. Whilst entertaining, but with a clear mind, Boxing, UFC etc. should be banned. It's just people trying to make other people unconscious ergo inflicting brain damage to another person. It's inhumane and barbaric if you look at it as how it is. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

As entertaining as it is, darts should not be categorised as a 'sport'

Agreed. I play darts in a team and I usually ingest more calories than I burn during the matches. xD

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Agreed. I play darts in a team and I usually ingest more calories than I burn during the matches. xD

so do the pros xD 

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

Okay, here goes mine. Whilst entertaining, but with a clear mind, Boxing, UFC etc. should be banned. It's just people trying to make other people unconscious ergo inflicting brain damage to another person. It's inhumane and barbaric if you look at it as how it is. 

Might as well ban all motorsports then, especially F1. Racing at 200mph around a track...thats as dangerous as it gets.

Just now, Rick said:

Might as well ban all motorsports then, especially F1. Racing at 200mph around a track...thats as dangerous as it gets.

Errrr....

giphy.gif

Ok I got it. But in motorsports the purpose is NOT to crash, while in Boxing etc. it is the goal to harm and eventually permanently damage the opponent. Boom, still got it. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Ban American Football as well while we're at that.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

If darts isn’t a sport, then neither is golf.

Absolutely. We discussed this in exercise science at uni. The opinion I came to after dissecting both sides of the argument is simply that for it to be a sport it must be a physical competition requiring an athlete or athletes who undergoe non skill based athletic conditioning to compete.

Golf, darts, billiards, motorsport, E sports, ect are not sports under this definition. These are skill based in the manner of chess. You don't train physically to excel in these. 

Of course this is just one bois opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Absolutely. We discussed this in exercise science at uni. The opinion I came to after dissecting both sides of the argument is simply that for it to be a sport it must be a physical competition requiring an athlete or athletes who undergoe non skill based athletic conditioning to compete.

Golf, darts, billiards, motorsport, E sports, ect are not sports under this definition. These are skill based in the manner of chess. You don't train physically to excel in these. 

Of course this is just one bois opinion. 

Golf has power for shots or swings whatever they are called. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Golf has power for shots or swings whatever they are called. 

It's a trainable skill, for sure. And yes, being a bigger stronger dude would advantage you with a few meters on your long game. But clearly not to a level where larger men excel at golf or to a point where they're training their hips shoulders and back in the gym to add meters to it.Because neither of those things is the case. Golfers aren't athletes therefore it's not a sport. 

The simpler definition of the rule is "Is this person an athlete?" when watching a 'sport'. A golfer is as much an athlete as a poker player

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's a trainable skill, for sure. And yes, being a bigger stronger dude would advantage you with a few meters on your long game. But clearly not to a level where larger men excel at golf or to a point where they're training their hips shoulders and back in the gym to add meters to it. Golfers aren't athletes therefore it's not a sport. 

yes but chess is because u are training ur brain bruz

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Disagree when it comes to motorsports. It might have been true in the past, but these days the training and physical conditioning required to be able to compete and be prepared for the g forces is immense.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Disagree when it comes to motorsports. It might have been true in the past, but these days the training and physical conditioning required to be able to compete and be prepared for the g forces is immense.

This one is definitely the most controversial. Those boys sweat bullets in F1. But I've seen F1 physical conditioning. It's bunk. A bit of neck training, agility and some GPP (General physical preparedness) training Obviously they can't be fat or they'd tangibly slow their vehicle down as well but thats about it. 

Sitting in a Sauna for 40 minutes is really hard too but it doesn't make you an athlete. The ability to cope with Gs is done with overloaded exposure to them. Not any sort of athletic training.  

26 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sadly for chess club cucks the brain is grey and white tissue, not a muscle. 

i will knock you out with my intellectual truth bombs  and you will be like joe rogen on dmt bruz just saying dont b mad

Field hockey is pointless when Ice hockey exists.

Basketball can be entertaining but is pointless for 75% of the game. I’ve tried and failed to get into it so many times.

Netball is actually sick to watch.

Wheelchair basketball is an elite level sport.

Rugby Union is slow, boring and drained of any excitement.

Equestrian isn’t a sport it’s a horse carrying a person.

Darts isn’t a sport it’s just a group of geezers down the pub who’ve essentially won the lottery and get paid big £££ for it.

E-sports isn’t sport, it’s just good fun and good practice for a well hand-eye coordinated wank.

Archived