talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Sports opinions

football forum

T20 franchise leagues are the best thing happened for cricketers individually. Outside the rich teams/institutions most national teams can’t/don't pay players their market-determind worth i.e Pakistani players get paid less by board than Bangladesh.

Free market in cricket didn't existed before now it does, that’s telling a player they are worth sometimes double or triple the amount they get paid.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/12/2021 at 01:21, Khan of TF365 said:

T20 franchise leagues are the best thing happened for cricketers individually. Outside the rich teams/institutions most national teams can’t/don't pay players their market-determind worth i.e Pakistani players get paid less by board than Bangladesh.

Free market in cricket didn't existed before now it does, that’s telling a player they are worth sometimes double or triple the amount they get paid.

Shame it will probably come at the cost of test irrelevance

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't see it as any different to Brazilian players choosing one part of their name or whatever. 

Juju Tyrese Deshaun Williams Jnr the 3rd can be a real mouthful ya know? 

Going by a nickname is different to people being lazy instead of typing an extra ten or fewer letters 

Calvert-Lewin isn’t a tongue twister, every time I see DCL I think of Daly Cherry Evans for fucks sake, even though the acronym is different. I also think of DSL

I’m trying to get into Basketball but every time I stick the NBA on it is audibly AIDS. Wom wom wom wom, wom wom wom wom, da da da da da daaaa.  Defence! Defence! Defence! Offence! Offence! Offence! Some sort of horn. Rinse and repeat.

On 29/01/2022 at 16:43, Danny said:

I’m trying to get into Basketball but every time I stick the NBA on it is audibly AIDS. Wom wom wom wom, wom wom wom wom, da da da da da daaaa.  Defence! Defence! Defence! Offence! Offence! Offence! Some sort of horn. Rinse and repeat.

it is also fucking atrocious to watch. each possession is a score a pnd the last two minutes take two hours

Olympic / FIBA basketball is much better to watch than NBA. Only let down by the one sided games when the USA is involved.

As mentioned above, the end of an NBA game is horrible viewing. And especially now with TV reviews etc. 

• Subscriber
On 10/05/2020 at 23:17, Stan said:

As entertaining as it is, darts should not be categorised as a 'sport'

Had an argument once a few years back when you could see them (darts players) supping pints and smoking playing darts, my mate argued that it is a sport, my reply was how you class it as a sport when you have a cigarette stuck in your mouth and a pint of lager in your other hand.

I said to him, imagine football players in a penalty shoot-out, sitting next to a table on the pitch smoking and supping pints waiting for their turn to shoot.

I know nowadays you are not allowed to smoke in buildings but from what I have seen on tv they (dart players) still sup pints of lager and whatnot, darts, to me, is a pub game and never a sport.

I don't see much issue in calling golf, chess, darts sports. Terms and definitions become loose over time from their original meanings, that's just languages. They at least have the skill element which makes sport.

Can't call them athletes though

On 29/01/2022 at 17:43, Danny said:

Honestly there's no point at all to watching games during the regular season.  It's a slog and the individual games don't mean anything.  Wait until the playoffs.  It's like baseball... season's too fucking long and shit don't get real until crunch time.

On 05/10/2021 at 15:59, Khan of TF365 said:

International Cricket will become absolute or of very less significance in 20-30 years. 

There were fundamental problems with how the sport was ran, no central executive body, importance of playing surface being an exclusive thing than a unique aspect of the game like in tennis.

Why if one player is good in one particular condition it's seen something of being a lesser player? Nadal wins more on clay. Why winning in one particular condition is considered more of a thing than other? 

The internal politics have also killed the sport in South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Zimbabwe

Ultimately T20 leagues will be the main interest, only international cricket will be played at world championships with Ashes being a Superbowl like event in respective countries. 

true, our players are forced to do BLM gestures notwithstanding that BLM is a far left anarchist movement

@Spike @Viva la FCB @Tommy any of you been watching the ice hockey in the winter Olympics? I am watching the canada v Finland in the womens tournament. It's a repeat and eurosport missed out 3 goals so they are not the best channel to watch it on but all I have

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Spike @Viva la FCB @Tommy any of you been watching the ice hockey in the winter Olympics? I am watching the canada v Finland in the womens tournament. It's a repeat and eurosport missed out 3 goals so they are not the best channel to watch it on but all I have

I haven't watched anything from the Olympics yet, and I don't think I will. 😬

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What Tommy said

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I haven't watched anything from the Olympics yet, and I don't think I will. 😬

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

watched the US v Finland game

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Olympics ice hockey is tough for me to watch when the NHL isn't there. That being said I did get sucked into the Germany run last time as it was super exciting.. They came so close. It's just hard the NHL is so good, the Olympics when it's best on best is some of the most exciting hockey you can watch anything else I've just generally been let down.

Also what Tommy said I just haven't and don't plan on really watching any Olympics.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

fast bowling in Cricket is the most aesthetically pleasing spectacle in world sport, riveting. No flying header, solo run etc comes close. 

I dunno mate, watching Warnie is better than any pace

Archived