• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sebastian Vettel Signs for Aston Martin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
17 hours ago, MUFC said:

I feel like Vettel is a pretty similar character to Hakkinen in many ways.

I don't like the idea of Vettel going to Mercedes. I feel like he'd get stomped by Hamilton and it would get used to rewrite the history books on whether Vettel was up there with the all-time greats (he was). Wouldn't want to see it. Would have been brilliant if Vettel had somehow taken Rosberg's seat in 2017 but not now.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, nudge said:

That is a surprise. Surely you'd have more talent with a Vettel/Charles lineup than with a Sainz/Charles one.

Maybe there was some more differences of opinions? Not sure, but to not be offered is a bit of a slap in the face.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

That is a surprise. Surely you'd have more talent with a Vettel/Charles lineup than with a Sainz/Charles one.

Maybe there was some more differences of opinions? Not sure, but to not be offered is a bit of a slap in the face.

I think it's pretty obvious that they found their new golden boy in Leclerc, and thus threw Seb out. Pretty similar  how they got rid of Schumi for Kimi, and then later got rid of Kimi for Alonso.

Classic Ferrari.

Just now, nudge said:

I think it's pretty obvious that they found their new golden boy in Leclerc, and thus threw Seb out. Pretty similar  how they got rid of Schumi for Kimi, and then later got rid of Kimi for Alonso.

Classic Ferrari.

That makes them sound like a bunch of twats.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

That makes them sound like a bunch of twats.

Well, I mean they also hired Reutemann to replace Niki while he was pretty much on his way to the hospital after his crash, and then later after the season was over they told him he wouldn't recover as fast as expected, so he'll have to be #2 driver from now on (which was not only a dick move, but also a breach of his contract). Then he still went on to win his second title with Ferrari the following season, and left to Brabham afterwards, because he had enough of Ferrari and their shite.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Retirement announcement?

I'm afraid so. Although, when Brundle asked him what he wants to talk about, he replied "You make it up. I'm pretty liberal these days." :D

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Maybe he'll announce he has built his own car and will race as an independent entry, as that will give him a better chance of winning than Ferrari.

Or he'll join Williams. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Or he'll join Williams. 

Someone on reddit speculated that BMW could come back and invest in Williams. 

They recently posted this, with that question in the end:

Really wild speculation though. 

• The title was changed to Sebastian Vettel Signs for Aston Martin

Archived