talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sebastian Vettel Signs for Aston Martin

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

But from what I gather so far, there's no saving that Ferrari PU, unless they make it illegal again. :ph34r:

Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures... :4_joy:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

As long as Checo gets a decent seat, I'm happy that Sebastian moves to Aston Martin. Still a big blow for Checo who basically "built" the team. But the sponsorship money he brings could help any team, so I think especially Haas would be very keen. 

• Subscriber

I'm very, very surprised that Vettel is troubling himself with a midfield seat. I really thought unless he could get back in at Mercedes or Red Bull or possibly McLaren that he'd call it quits.

Perez to replace Raikkonen at Alfa Romeo as the senior driver would make a lot of sense. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm very, very surprised that Vettel is troubling himself with a midfield seat.

Are they really a midfield team though? If they had a decent Qualifying in the Styrian Grand Prix, at least Checo would have been in a good fight for a podium, I reckon. They're basically Mercedes B-Team, and with Aston Martin coming into play, I don't think the midfield will be their ambition for the future. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Are they really a midfield team though? If they had a decent Qualifying in the Styrian Grand Prix, at least Checo would have been in a good fight for a podium, I reckon. They're basically Mercedes B-Team, and with Aston Martin coming into play, I don't think the midfield will be their ambition for the future. 

That's only this year's car though and it remains to be seen how much they'll get away with it. Everyone thought 2-3 years ago when Haas had the B-Spec Ferrari that they were quids in but they've been a pile of garbage ever since. I hope I'm wrong but Alonso talked about McLaren's ambition to return to the top when he went there. Same with Ricciardo at Renault. A lot of teams talk about becoming contenders and very few teams do it. More of a chance from 2022 onwards if they get the spending regulations right.

• Subscriber

Yeah, I also think that Racing Point have big ambitions. They also have money (Stroll/Aston Martin) and business connections (Toto Wolff, among others). I think the fact that they have previously offered the seat to Alonso and now allegedly offered a contract to Vettel only shows how serious they are. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sebastian Vettel Signs for Aston Martin

Archived