talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sebastian Vettel Signs for Aston Martin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, nudge said:

It seems Vettel to Aston Martin rumours are picking up speed!

@Tommy

Yup, just read this too. According to BILD they seem to have an agreement? Why would they let Checo go though? :35_thinking:

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yup, just read this too. According to BILD they seem to have an agreement? Why would they let Checo go though? :35_thinking:

Probably because they have big ambitions and so they want a big name in the team... and because Stroll is untouchable. Totally unfair on Perez, if it happens.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Probably because they have big ambitions and so they want a big name in the team... and because Stroll is untouchable. Totally unfair on Perez, if it happens.

I really hope Perez will get another seat then. He's one of my favourite drivers out there, and he always delivers. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Stroll wonders why people hate him........

Well, it's not like it's his "fault". And he's actually not that bad of a racing driver. Had a decent junior career as well. Latifi on the other hand... 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sky Germany now reporting it too.

:o 

• Subscriber

I'd rather see Vettel retire from F1 than Perez get kicked out when he still has something to offer just so Vettel can circulate in the midfield for a couple more years. Perez has put his heart and soul into that team in more ways than one over the past few years.

27 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd rather see Vettel retire from F1 than Perez get kicked out when he still has something to offer just so Vettel can circulate in the midfield for a couple more years. Perez has put his heart and soul into that team in more ways than one over the past few years.

I'd hate to see Vettel retire, but I'd also hate if they show Checo the door. He doesn't deserve it. 

Imagine Mercedes, Red Bull, Aston Martin and maybe McLaren fighting for the Championship next season, while Ferrari struggle to get 5th place. Glorious in a spiteful way. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Imagine Mercedes, Red Bull, Aston Martin and maybe McLaren fighting for the Championship next season, while Ferrari struggle to get 5th place. Glorious in a spiteful way. 

Imagine Toto and Seb going to Aston Marton and winning the Championship ahead of Mercedes and Lewis xD 

But in all seriousness, a proper 3 or 4 team battle would be glorious...

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Mercedes will molest the field again next year but at least Alonso, Vettel and Raikkonen can have their own special championship of former champions in the midfield.

Are the new regulations actually in place next year, or did they postpone it to 2022 because of the delayed 2020 season?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Are the new regulations actually in place next year, or did they postpone it to 2022 because of the delayed 2020 season?

The big overhaul that was due for next year has been put back to 2022 as far as I remember.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

ig6xr8p7ffa51.jpg

There's still some room for development, for example they will still be allowed to introduce a new spec for the start of 2021 season and then have limited upgrades for each major component during 2021 and 2022. The complete freezing of PUs is planned after that, until the new engine regulations are released in 2025.

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

There's still some room for development, for example they will still be allowed to introduce a new spec for the start of 2021 season and then have limited upgrades for each major component during 2021 and 2022. The complete freezing of PUs is planned after that, until the new engine regulations are released in 2025.

But from what I gather so far, there's no saving that Ferrari PU, unless they make it illegal again. :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Sebastian Vettel Signs for Aston Martin

Archived