• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Leyton Orient's New Sponsor

Recommended Posts

...is Harry Kane. Who has given the sponsorship places to three charities.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice idea. Not sure why it had to be Harry Kane who bought the sponsorship though? Can't the club just have done it. Weird PR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

A nice idea. Not sure why it had to be Harry Kane who bought the sponsorship though? Can't the club just have done it. Weird PR.

Harry Kane, the lad born less than a few miles from Brisbane Road? Harry Kane, the lad who played his first game of professional football at Orient? Harry Kane, the lad who scored his first professional goal for Orient? Harry Kane, who still lives in the area?

Nah, I’m stumped too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely sensational gesture from Harry.  Such a credit to himself, the club and the country. Wish others were more like him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Storts said:

Absolutely sensational gesture from Harry.  Such a credit to himself, the club and the country. Wish others were more like him 

He’s genuinely my favourite footballer. Not just because he’s a good player but he’s a genuinely lovely bloke and completely dispels the stereotype of all footballers being dicks. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

He’s genuinely my favourite footballer. Not just because he’s a good player but he’s a genuinely lovely bloke and completely dispels the stereotype of all footballers being dicks. 

Completely agree, mine too, and not just for what he does in the pitch. He’s a breath of fresh air however much people try to tarnish him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As part of the deal, any goal Leyton Orient scores will be considered a goal Harry Kane scored.

But in seriousness, a quality gesture from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Storts said:

Completely agree, mine too, and not just for what he does in the pitch. He’s a breath of fresh air however much people try to tarnish him 

Do people try to tarnish him? Hardly known as a footballer with a bad reputation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Do people try to tarnish him? Hardly known as a footballer with a bad reputation 

Yes mate - you clearly don’t look at social media. He gets so much abuse, only have to look at this forum too for a snapshot of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me Kane any day to Wayne Rooney on the pitch and publicity-wise, he reminds me a lot of Gary Linekar when he was playing in his heydays.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yes mate - you clearly don’t look at social media. He gets so much abuse, only have to look at this forum too for a snapshot of it 

Ah fair enough, thought you was referring to his character as opposed to the bullying regarding his speech impediment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Harry Kane, the lad born less than a few miles from Brisbane Road? Harry Kane, the lad who played his first game of professional football at Orient? Harry Kane, the lad who scored his first professional goal for Orient? Harry Kane, who still lives in the area?

Nah, I’m stumped too. 

It's a great gesture from him to support the charities as 10% of shirt sales goes to them. I just struggled to see the PR value in it at first. 

Edited by Pyfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

It's a great gesture from him to support the charities as 10% of shirt sales goes to them. I just struggled to see the PR value in it at first. 

If the club just had done it themselves, I probably wouldn't have seen the story. Having the England captain do it brings more publicity to the club and the charities involved.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement