• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leyton Orient's New Sponsor

football forum

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

A nice idea. Not sure why it had to be Harry Kane who bought the sponsorship though? Can't the club just have done it. Weird PR.

Harry Kane, the lad born less than a few miles from Brisbane Road? Harry Kane, the lad who played his first game of professional football at Orient? Harry Kane, the lad who scored his first professional goal for Orient? Harry Kane, who still lives in the area?

Nah, I’m stumped too. 

22 minutes ago, Storts said:

Absolutely sensational gesture from Harry.  Such a credit to himself, the club and the country. Wish others were more like him 

He’s genuinely my favourite footballer. Not just because he’s a good player but he’s a genuinely lovely bloke and completely dispels the stereotype of all footballers being dicks. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

He’s genuinely my favourite footballer. Not just because he’s a good player but he’s a genuinely lovely bloke and completely dispels the stereotype of all footballers being dicks. 

Completely agree, mine too, and not just for what he does in the pitch. He’s a breath of fresh air however much people try to tarnish him 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Completely agree, mine too, and not just for what he does in the pitch. He’s a breath of fresh air however much people try to tarnish him 

Do people try to tarnish him? Hardly known as a footballer with a bad reputation 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Do people try to tarnish him? Hardly known as a footballer with a bad reputation 

Yes mate - you clearly don’t look at social media. He gets so much abuse, only have to look at this forum too for a snapshot of it 

10 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yes mate - you clearly don’t look at social media. He gets so much abuse, only have to look at this forum too for a snapshot of it 

Ah fair enough, thought you was referring to his character as opposed to the bullying regarding his speech impediment.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Harry Kane, the lad born less than a few miles from Brisbane Road? Harry Kane, the lad who played his first game of professional football at Orient? Harry Kane, the lad who scored his first professional goal for Orient? Harry Kane, who still lives in the area?

Nah, I’m stumped too. 

It's a great gesture from him to support the charities as 10% of shirt sales goes to them. I just struggled to see the PR value in it at first. 

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

It's a great gesture from him to support the charities as 10% of shirt sales goes to them. I just struggled to see the PR value in it at first. 

If the club just had done it themselves, I probably wouldn't have seen the story. Having the England captain do it brings more publicity to the club and the charities involved.

Archived