talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Will Football Change After Coronavirus?

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to How Will Football Change After Coronavirus?

I suspect transfer prices come down as I think most clubs will have significant losses due to the lack of revenue. I think the most drastic changes are likely to come from lower leagues around the world, the clubs that'll be feeling the financial squeeze more than others.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I suspect transfer prices come down as I think most clubs will have significant losses due to the lack of revenue. I think the most drastic changes are likely to come from lower leagues around the world, the clubs that'll be feeling the financial squeeze more than others.

I can see a lot of clubs having to fold, sadly. 

Unless there's funding in place (from somewhere) to protect such clubs but I very much doubt it.

The government has given a £16m loan to Rugby League, I know it’s in a different financial league to Football but I’m a little surprised that there’s not been something similar offered to The FA. Football Clubs’ importance goes beyond what happens on a Saturday afternoon. 

As you go down the football pyramid clubs are going to have smaller overheads, which leaves them in an okay place but when things resume and the search for income through sponsorship and hospitality and the like is likely to drop meaning clubs are going to have to change their parameters in terms of what they’re spending on players, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. There’s some ridiculous wages allegedly thrown around at the lower end of the professional game and in non-league football, so the less money to spend will mean smaller wages and players will also have to reduce their demands accordingly. 

1 hour ago, CityTheBest said:

It'll probably result in a European Super League with the best teams playing each other in a 16 team league over 45 matches (Home, Away and at a neutral ground somehwere like LA, NY or Dubai, etc) with no relegation. This league will have all the money in football and pay players £5-10 Million a week. The PL without the big 6 will get much less money from TV and less people will watch it. Same with La Liga and the other major leagues. The English lower leagues will likely became ametuer with no one being paid at all. They will probably regionalise the Championship and below into a North and South section.  I can see a lot of new stadium projects not materilaising, Brentford's new ground won't be build now, neither will Lutons. A lot of foootball projects will just never materilaise.

Gutted that a lot of foootball projects will never materilaise now. 

Archived