talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Next F1 Champion After Hamilton?

Verstappen or Leclerc?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you back more to become the next World Champion (after Lewis Hamilton)?

• Max Verstappen
    • Charles Leclerc

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

As in, whom I'd like to be winning or who I think is more likely to win? Max if it's the former. No idea if it's the latter, especially with the new regulations coming.

Well, I meant it more like who'd you prefer. A down to earth Monegasque, the godson of Jules Bianchi, or the "tough guy" Max Verstappen, who's guidance was a wife beating, skull crushing Jos Verstappen. 

I will never turn to the dark side!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Well, I meant it more like who'd you prefer. A down to earth Monegasque, the godson of Jules Bianchi, or the "tough guy" Max Verstappen, who's guidance was a wife beating, skull crushing Jos Verstappen. 

Too many beers?... xD 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why should a son pay for his father's mistakes? 

Just now, Stan said:

Why should a son pay for his father's mistakes? 

He shows similar characteristics. The Ocon incident, and saying that instead of stewards the drivers should "battle it out in a boxing ring". Apparently he also punched someone (Leclerc maybe?) during the Karting Days. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

No! It's the truth though, no?

What is the truth? xD 

I personally don't like Leclerc. I used to at the very start, but then his carefully manufactured 'nice guy' image started rubbing me the wrong way. Also the manner in which his sad background story is being pushed over and over again is annoying as fuck. It's sad and all, but the way it's been milked to create this poster boy with a tragic past image is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

What is the truth? xD 

I personally don't like Leclerc. I used to at the very start, but then his carefully manufactured 'nice guy' image started rubbing me the wrong way. Also the manner in which his sad background story is being pushed over and over again is annoying as fuck. It's sad and all, but the way it's been milked to create this poster boy with a tragic past image is ridiculous. 

Carefully manufactured how? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Carefully manufactured how? Maybe he is just a nice guy? But yea, Jules and his father dying and all was probably just for the media? Wtf. 

Missing the point completely. It's the manner of how his tragic back story is being milked over and over again - by the media, by F1, and presumably by his management team. Why wouldn't they, the audience loves a story like that after all.

As for him just being a nice guy - maybe, I don't know him. But I personally don't buy it, doesn't come across as genuine to me. Don't get me wrong, he might well be a decent human being but what we see strikes me as more of a carefully crafted public image.

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Missing the point completely. It's the manner of how his tragic back story is being milked over and over again - by the media, by F1, and presumably by his management team. Why wouldn't they, the audience loves a story like that after all.

As for him just being a nice guy - maybe, I don't know him. But I personally don't buy it, doesn't come across as genuine to me. Don't get me wrong, he might well be a decent human being but what we see strikes me as more of a carefully crafted public image.

Over and over and over and over and over again? How long has it been? Quite some time. It was an interesting fact when he joined F1, and then when he joined Ferrari because that's what Jules was supposed to do. I think you're exaggerating a bit. You make him sound like he's from some PR lab. Maybe because Max is so "authentic" in comparison? As if. 

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Leclerc > Verstappen

aabe4e0fe635e508-910x512.jpg

• The title was changed to The Next F1 Champion After Hamilton?
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Over and over and over and over and over again? How long has it been? Quite some time. It was an interesting fact when he joined F1, and then when he joined Ferrari because that's what Jules was supposed to do. I think you're exaggerating a bit. You make him sound like he's from some PR lab. Maybe because Max is so "authentic" in comparison? As if. 

No, just over and over again, no need to exaggerate :ph34r: if you want an interesting fact: you actually agreed with me last year about the media going way overboard with it too...

Either way, you're such a fan boy, Thomas :P you asked for opinions, I gave you mine...and now you don't like it because it is different from yours xD Yes, I do think Leclerc is too media-trained and I don't like it, the same way I don't like his polished "positive side only" nice guy public image. Deal with it. 

Just now, nudge said:

No, just over and over again, no need to exaggerate :ph34r: if you want an interesting fact: you actually agreed with me last year about the media going way overboard with it too...

Either way, you're such a fan boy, Thomas :P you asked for opinions, I gave you mine...and now you don't like it because it is different from yours xD Yes, I do think Leclerc is too media-trained and I don't like it, the same way I don't like his polished "positive side only" nice guy public image. Deal with it. 

Yea, at the time, but I haven't head anything about it since. 

I think you're a Max fan girl, so your opinion is very biased as well. You could also say that the media milks Max' "bad boy" imagine that he probably keeps up for this reason too. 

• Subscriber

Max is clearly more ready than Leclerc to challenge giving a title winning car. The car is as always going to be the dominant factor in who actually gets the opportunity though. My gut says Red Bull will challenge again before Ferrari. When was the last time Ferrari actually profited from a rule change overhaul with their ingenuity?

How anyone can prefer Max as a person is beyond me though. If you like a little fire and needle from your drivers then fair enough, he's not THAT unlike a young Hamilton, but I didn't like Hamilton either for a lot of his career. Too much entitlement about him for my liking. Leclerc comes across as a humble young man who also has the guts to hold his team to account and act like a leader. The Bianchi stuff, I don't think its overdone that much and if it is that's the media not Charles. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Yea, at the time, but I haven't head anything about it since. 

I think you're a Max fan girl, so your opinion is very biased as well. You could also say that the media milks Max' "bad boy" imagine that he probably keeps up for this reason too. 

If you think that I'm a fan girl of anything or anyone, then you don't really know me at all :P I like Max because of his driving style and aggressiveness, always loved watching drivers like that because it's exciting. Outside of the track, I think he's about as charismatic as a brick. Bad boy image? He gives quirky awkward interviews and literally spends all of his free time streaming races from his simulator. Hardcore bad boy alright :4_joy: 

Regardless of any of that, why would my opinion on Max even influence my opinion on Charles? That just doesn't make any sense. Just accept that we have different opinions on people, what's the big deal... 

Archived