talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most overrated Country/city in the world?

football forum

• Subscriber

Which is it for you? Obviously people who've done intense travelling will have more of an idea.

Will also be peoples own personal opinions.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Harry said:

For me it was Prague.

Everyone I knew raved about it, so I went there with high expectations and was disappointed p

A few people I know have raved about it. What didn't you like?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

For me it was Prague.

Everyone I knew raved about it, so I went there with high expectations and was disappointed p

I really like Prague :(

I find it hard to find a place that I think is highly overrated. Maybe Paris, if I had to choose.

33 minutes ago, nudge said:

I find it hard to find a place that I think is highly overrated. Maybe Paris, if I had to choose.

I didn't dislike Prague, but I was told it would be surefire highlight of my trip, of all the European cities I was going to. 

I found it to be a pleasant place but I just didn't get why so many had made such a fuss about it.

We'd been in Ljubljana the day before which I'd loved, and to me Prague seemed a downwards step.

Prior expectations certain to have played a key role in my impressions of both cities.

I want to visit Prague some day.

I don't think any country or city is "overrated". There's beauty in almost everything. That being said, I'd say Aachen is probably the worst German city I've ever visited so far. 

39 minutes ago, nudge said:

Went to Paris once when I was younger. No interest in ever going back.

Feel like I’ve not been anywhere overrated...Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Sydney, Melbourne, Manchester all good times away. Least favourite there is understandably Manchester but not overrated

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Feel like I’ve not been anywhere overrated...Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Sydney, Melbourne, Manchester all good times away. Least favourite there is understandably Manchester but not overrated

Missed the best city :( 

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Karachi?

Lol wouldn’t go there 

I liked Prague but thought it was overrated. I unfortunately went during a bloody prohibition though!!!

If Beijing is rated as a nice place then it’s overrated as I hated it. Dreadful place. 

I dont know why Bournemouth is so popular for stag and hen parties. There are lots of better places. Newcastle has great night life I would go there 

12 hours ago, Toinho said:

Lol wouldn’t go there 

I liked Prague but thought it was overrated. I unfortunately went during a bloody prohibition though!!!

If Beijing is rated as a nice place then it’s overrated as I hated it. Dreadful place. 

Is Beijing rated? It’s pretty shit, that’s a good shout.

How about Los Angeles? That’s got to be one of the worst places on earth.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How about Los Angeles? That’s got to be one of the worst places on earth.

As a tourist I'm not so sure. I visited there and we did all of the stuff you'd expect, like Hollywood and Beverley Hills for example.

We were only there a few days so did what we needed to. Then hopped over to Vegas & Grand Canyon. Which I've now realised I've left the latter out of my top 10 by accident xD. Although it's not a city but I have included another place which isn't a city but is fucking massive so...

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

As a tourist I'm not so sure. I visited there and we did all of the stuff you'd expect, like Hollywood and Beverley Hills for example.

We were only there a few days so did what we needed to. Then hopped over to Vegas & Grand Canyon. Which I've now realised I've left the latter out of my top 10 by accident xD. Although it's not a city but I have included another place which isn't a city but is fucking massive so...

Even as a tourist I thought LA was hell on earth

Going to the UAE seems to be like the height of luxury for a lot people I know, and I think it just sound fucking grim. Sit in 40c heat all morning, go to some grotesque, copy/paste shopping centre in the afternoon, then in the evening go to a restaurant in a hotel lobby. 

Just absolutely not my thing at all. 

I've personally never really went anywhere I didn't enjoy. Barcelona was a little overcrowded and I was with company who didn't want to try local food or go to museums, but I still liked it. 

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Going to the UAE seems to be like the height of luxury for a lot people I know, and I think it just sound fucking grim. Sit in 40c heat all morning, go to some grotesque, copy/paste shopping centre in the afternoon, then in the evening go to a restaurant in a hotel lobby. 

Just absolutely not my thing at all. 

I went to Dubai for 3 days and was with family, didn't have one day like you describe xD

Also, copy/paste shopping centre. I'm not sure what other shopping centre in the world has a huge aquarium plonked amongst it. Wouldn't really call it grotesque, either. There's probably a lot more culture and atmosphere among some other places you don't see advertised as heavily (but they'll always focus on what brings the money in?). We went to various bazaars and markets, took a ride on sand-dunes in a 4x4 which was absolutely mental. It's hardly just going to be restaurants in hotel lobbies either - if you look hard enough you'll find something different and worthwhile going to.

Having said that, I wouldn't like to live there either though and to be honest, won't go back in a hurry. The heat would be far too much for me day in, day out. Plus I'd have to be a rich motherfucker to survive there. Even then, I can think of better ways to spend my money in other countries or even closer to home. 

Archived