talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rangers Announce Castore Partnership

football forum

Seems to be their first step into manufacturing football kits. Already have a deal with Andy Murray to supply his sportswear. At the very least, they have bespoke designs instead of the off the shelf nature that Nike, Adidas and the major brands seems to roll out every year.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another factor for the new deal is that Sports Direct are completely out of the picture and Rangers will increase their rate generated from any sale and have control over their own 'megastore' again.

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, West of West Ham said:

Slowly but surely they seem to be getting their house in order, on and off the pitch. 

It's amazing what happens when you don't have anyone dragging the club down, like Mike Ashley.

3 minutes ago, Rab said:

It's amazing what happens when you don't have anyone dragging the club down, like Mike Ashley.

I always keep my eyes on events at Ibrox. While the capitulation in January came of the blue just when I thought the famous were going to race to the title, things have got significantly better under Gerrard. Hopefully the final piece of the puzzle next season, mate. 

• 2 months later...

Overall it's been fine to be honest.

There has been quality and delivery issues although I don't know what anyone else has been expecting. This is Castore's first venture into creating mass merchandise for a football club. They were never gonna nail it first time. And considering it is their first time, I think they've done pretty well.

10 minutes ago, Rab said:

Overall it's been fine to be honest.

There has been quality and delivery issues although I don't know what anyone else has been expecting. This is Castore's first venture into creating mass merchandise for a football club. They were never gonna nail it first time. And considering it is their first time, I think they've done pretty well.

I can't help but think they've underestimated the demand they would have. For years there has been a bit of a boycott of merchandise because of the whole deal with Mike Ashley, and now suddenly there's an even bigger demand than probably they've ever had.

I'd like to see other companies come in and offer something different to the usual Nike and Adidas templates that have plagued football teams (even Macron seem to be producing some quality kits, with Motherwell the prime example). 

I can't help but think they might have been better almost 'trialing' with some smaller clubs first before coming into such a massive task.

3 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

I can't help but think they've underestimated the demand they would have. For years there has been a bit of a boycott of merchandise because of the whole deal with Mike Ashley, and now suddenly there's an even bigger demand than probably they've ever had.

I'd like to see other companies come in and offer something different to the usual Nike and Adidas templates that have plagued football teams (even Macron seem to be producing some quality kits, with Motherwell the prime example). 

I can't help but think they might have been better almost 'trialing' with some smaller clubs first before coming into such a massive task.

Yeah, they definitely shouldn't have started with us considering the circumstances. Rangers fans have (mostly) been boycotting buying shirts for the last few years, so now the demand is higher than ever. Castore have 100% underestimated the demand. They're still done a good job though. The teething issues were expected, from me at least.

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The thread is about Castore :what:

and Rangers....as John said it was to save opening a separate thread......now I don't necessarily think that was correct but I thought for you to jump in as you did was a bit insensitive given what the post was about.

19 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

and Rangers....as John said it was to save opening a separate thread......now I don't necessarily think that was correct but I thought for you to jump in as you did was a bit insensitive given what the post was about.

I've sent a card to the Glasgow Rangers Head Office. Apologies for any offence caused Pugwash and something to consider for any further engagements I make on this platform.

15 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I've sent a card to the Glasgow Rangers Head Office. Apologies for any offence caused Pugwash and something to consider for any further engagements I make on this platform.

No problems sir.

Archived