talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha Desperate to Leave Crystal Palace

I can imagine Pini Zahavi trying to convince Wilfried Zaha this would be the best move for him. To be a part of a growing project that has ambitions to be a force in world football. Kevah Solhekol will force this down our throats for the remainder of the year too. 

What I will say is I think there are a ton of players out there who will represent better value for money and a better age than Wilfried Zaha for Newcastle United. Players at clubs in Ligue One like Lille, Nice and Lyon are a start. You also have Dwight McNeil in this country, who may not be at Zaha level yet but could go on to achieve more, has more years in him and could command a higher fee in the future.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t understand the excitement around Zaha, he is very skilful and technical yes. But he’s never hit the numbers expected of a player who is being sold in the £60m-£90m range, I know Palace are shit and a dull football side but if he was that good he would shine through with bigger numbers. I under set and why Palace would put the price so high, but paying that much money for him imo is getting ripped off.

Well it goes without saying, if being in the top flight for seven years and beating every club of note is shit I'd hate to think how you would describe your own side.

Whilst his goals and assists record isnt something to marvel over, a large reason why we skew the statistical data and predictions each season with our league finish is because of his influence in the last two thirds of the field. 

• 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Signs of somebody thats given up on caring about his legacy.

How much do you reckon you'll want? I can't see us going for him now we are getting Willian. I still wouldn't mind him though if the price is right. 

40 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

How much do you reckon you'll want? I can't see us going for him now we are getting Willian. I still wouldn't mind him though if the price is right. 

What, even though he's an absolute bell end?

35 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

40 million after Covid will do it. 

I dont think you need him to be honest with Saka, Lacazette, Willian, Pepe, Aubamayang and Nketiah. If Lacazette was to push for a move then Wilf would be a decent squad replacement but he wouldnt improve the team. A CB like Gabriel is far, far for more important.

The only club I can see Pini Zahavi talking in to signing Wilf after his performances and his wages is PSG, but even there he would only be a squad player.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

A lot of our fan base that are not virgins are of the opinion that whilst he has the ability, he does not have the attitude to be a top six player.

I know its a crap comparison given they're on other planets but Messi knows he's getting fouled every game and just gets on with it. Wilf flaps and acts like hes going to cry every time. It doesnt make it right that players can get away with it but its a sign of the elite attitude he doesnt have. Its something for Jack Grealish to consider.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Signs of somebody thats given up on caring about his legacy.

What a way to take a steaming pile of faeces on the doorstep of your own family.

He's gone down in my estimation there.

26 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

40 million after Covid will do it. 

I dont think you need him to be honest with Saka, Lacazette, Willian, Pepe, Aubamayang and Nketiah. If Lacazette was to push for a move then Wilf would be a decent squad replacement but he wouldnt improve the team. A CB like Gabriel is far, far for more important.

The only club I can see Pini Zahavi talking in to signing Wilf after his performances and his wages is PSG, but even there he would only be a squad player.

I think there is a possibility Lacazette could leave and I do think we would consider losing one of Nelson or Nketiah. I'd happily give you a bit of cash and Nketiah for Zaha. 

29 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah why not, I really couldn't care as long as he does the business on the pitch. 

39 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I think there is a possibility Lacazette could leave and I do think we would consider losing one of Nelson or Nketiah. I'd happily give you a bit of cash and Nketiah for Zaha. 

Yeah why not, I really couldn't care as long as he does the business on the pitch. 

Its not all about what happens on the pitch though! 

A player with an attitude like seen above causes problems in the dressing room. A problem in the dressing room causes problems between the players and eventually a problem between the players causes problems on the.pitch.

Thats why succesfull managers/scouts don't go anywhere near players like Zaha. Probably why Fergie fucked him straight off after about 1 season... because he saw the signs.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A lot of our fan base that are not virgins are of the opinion that whilst he has the ability, he does not have the attitude to be a top six player.

I know its a crap comparison given they're on other planets but Messi knows he's getting fouled every game and just gets on with it. Wilf flaps and acts like hes going to cry every time. It doesnt make it right that players can get away with it but its a sign of the elite attitude he doesnt have. Its something for Jack Grealish to consider.

Tbf to Zaha (and Grealish, although I think Grealish is a fucking twat tbh), Messi doesn't go down like a girl with every touch because he knows that Barca are probably going to get a shitload of chances each match they're in. Plus they've got loads of other players that WILL go down like a girl with every touch xD

Zaha and Grealish are expected to provide an overwhelming share of everything going forward that their respective clubs do. As a result, if they're in a situation where Palace or Villa aren't getting a lot of chances out of open play, going down every chance you get and getting set piece chances are probably the best way they'll be able to create for the club. And referees have shown us, for pretty much as long as football's been a thing, that they'll fall for it.

Tbh though, I think all top flight players are massive fucking divers though. Not all the time, but they're all capable of some shameful fucking dives and they'll show it to us over the course of a season.

• Subscriber

I've always wondered if we'd go for him as we don't really have anyone quite like him and I do think he'd offer that wide threat that we lack. I really don't get the Arsenal link. Where does he fit now?

It's quite sad what's happening here, really. Palace had a low key awful season in my eyes. They made basically no progress in any way.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf to Zaha (and Grealish, although I think Grealish is a fucking twat tbh), Messi doesn't go down like a girl with every touch because he knows that Barca are probably going to get a shitload of chances each match they're in. Plus they've got loads of other players that WILL go down like a girl with every touch xD

Zaha and Grealish are expected to provide an overwhelming share of everything going forward that their respective clubs do. As a result, if they're in a situation where Palace or Villa aren't getting a lot of chances out of open play, going down every chance you get and getting set piece chances are probably the best way they'll be able to create for the club. And referees have shown us, for pretty much as long as football's been a thing, that they'll fall for it.

Tbh though, I think all top flight players are massive fucking divers though. Not all the time, but they're all capable of some shameful fucking dives and they'll show it to us over the course of a season.

Both of them have bitten to it far too easily though. Zaha's acting like a baby every time he gets tackled is embarrassing and Grealish biting to people on Twitter I think is the sort of stuff that will put any top sides off going near either. I think both of them will probably remain at their clubs this summer. Grealish certainly will I think, although I think he's a massive talent.

If Zaha was available for a decent price and he genuinely thought it was a good move for him (ie, doesn't think he should be playing for an elite club) then I'd take him here. I do think we'd be a better team for his presence.

I refer to us, without any current links, because I don't see anybody better going for him and I can see us panicking late in the window after spending all summer chasing others, given we need a winger.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wasnt talking about them diving or going down easy xD

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I've always wondered if we'd go for him as we don't really have anyone quite like him and I do think he'd offer that wide threat that we lack. I really don't get the Arsenal link. Where does he fit now?

It's quite sad what's happening here, really. Palace had a low key awful season in my eyes. They made basically no progress in any way.

Leicester are a good shout to be honest. European football and he would be joining a progressive squad. 

Given he considered Everton last summer i imagine Leicester shouldnt be a hard sell.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I think when you look at the average age of the squad, the contract situations and the style of football we have adopted we've regressed far more than our points total suggests. 

This rebuild is going to be huge. The club seem to be going the right way about it but this is a massive 10 or so weeks for us.

Embarrassing & small-time.

With Willian coming in, Arsenal must be off the table too, making this even worse.. as he'll now be in front of a camera at some club's TV channel saying it's his number 1 dream to play there etc xD 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Leicester are a good shout to be honest. European football and he would be joining a progressive squad. 

Given he considered Everton last summer i imagine Leicester shouldnt be a hard sell.

I honestly think it's about as good as offer as he's going to get, if he realises that, and doesn't think he's too good for it, I'd be happy with it. For all his flaws (and there are some) he is a genuine danger man that people worry about. For all his lack of goals last season he's still the player from Palace people worry about, similar to us and Vardy. Given we're weak in his position I think it would actually be a decent fit.

20 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think when you look at the average age of the squad, the contract situations and the style of football we have adopted we've regressed far more than our points total suggests. 

This rebuild is going to be huge. The club seem to be going the right way about it but this is a massive 10 or so weeks for us.

I'd agree that this was a season of regression. You have the oldest squad in the league by a mile, play probably the dullest football in the league and went out of both cups at home to lower league opposition. I think after relegation that's just about as shit a season as you can have.

• The topic was locked

Archived