Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [27. Spieltag] - 22-24th May, 2020

Frankfurt are so sloppy. They need to try and keep possession somewhat. 

5-2. Sloppy goal conceded 

Hinteregger getting ball muddled up and backheels it in to his own goal xD

Hinteregger with his inner Djimi Traore there

EvenFreeIsabellinewheatear-size_restrict

What a blunder by Hinteregger there to score an own goal. Bayern get their 5th goal. Does that count as a hattrick for Hinteregger? lol

Bayern 5-2 Frankfurt

Frankfurt hit the post through Kostic's shot.

Been a fairly entertaining game, surprisingly, since Bayern went 3-0 up.

Kostic unlucky not to score there and hits the post. But Bayern are just on another level, that's the reality.

Bayern bringing on the kiddies now with Zirkzee and Cuisance coming on for the Bavarians.

Augsburg take the lead!

Stunning free-kick from Lowen. Schubert had no chance. A great hit. 0-1.

Eduard Lowen with a beautiful swerving free-kick goal. 

Schalke 0-1 Augsburg

Schalke and their two Liverpool born British players really have been struggling in their most recent Bundesliga matches. Schalke haven't won in their last 9 Bundesliga games and it's not started really well here against Augsburg either. The Gelsenkirchen outfit have several very decent players, but they have looked very disjointed during many of their Bundesliga encounters this season. Injuries to a number of players hasn't really helped Schalke's cause, but Wagner's days as manager could be seriously numbered if they don't win very soon.

What a sort of first half of rubbish - not sure where Michael gets his idea of having 'several' decent players - there are only three on the field at the moment who would get into a league one side in the UK and cant see one good enough for the PL - even young Jonny K is going backwards and that seems to be the way most of the passes are going.  No doubt DW will use his key striker from Austria soon and leave the kids who might be lacking experience sat on the side rather than giving them a chance to scare the Augsburg defence. Michael's other comment about DW's future is in his own hands - he has to stop relying on the old men who are - again - letting him down badly! If McKennie and Schopf would play football rather than kicking the opposition rather than the ball we might just have a chance of getting somewhere!

Schalke, sadly, look so disjointed and disorganised. Stray passes, no positioning, can't string 3-4 passes together to build attacks. 

Augsburg aren't much better to be honest. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Schalke, sadly, look so disjointed and disorganised. Stray passes, no positioning, can't string 3-4 passes together to build attacks. 

Augsburg aren't much better to be honest. 

Schalke have about 75% possession, but they lack the control in tight spaces and -as you said- the positioning. They are so toothless up front.

1 minute ago, God is Haaland said:

Schalke have about 75% possession, but they lack the control in tight spaces and -as you said- the positioning. They are so toothless up front.

Their attack has been their main problem for a while. They do not have a great goalscorer. The youngster Kutucu is their main hope in that regard. If he can fulfil his potential, he could become a great asset at the club.

32 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

What a sort of first half of rubbish - not sure where Michael gets his idea of having 'several' decent players - there are only three on the field at the moment who would get into a league one side in the UK and cant see one good enough for the PL - even young Jonny K is going backwards and that seems to be the way most of the passes are going.  No doubt DW will use his key striker from Austria soon and leave the kids who might be lacking experience sat on the side rather than giving them a chance to scare the Augsburg defence. Michael's other comment about DW's future is in his own hands - he has to stop relying on the old men who are - again - letting him down badly! If McKennie and Schopf would play football rather than kicking the opposition rather than the ball we might just have a chance of getting somewhere!

Kutuku, Kabak, Suat Serdar, Harit, Raman, Todibo, Kenny to name the main players I had in mind in terms of the decent players I was referring to. There are others who could also be classed as decent players as well. You claiming that only 3 of their players would get into a league one side is obviously rubbish, but I do get your frustration with being a Schalke fan. Just pray that Burgstaller doesn't come on and Schalke could actually nick some points in this one.

And that's likely to be game over as Augsburg go 2-0. 

Nothing changing with tactics or personnel. Only youngsters coming on when the team perhaps needs some older heads? 

There's some lack of passion amongst the Schalke ranks...

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

Kutuku, Kabak, Suat Serdar, Harit, Raman, Todibo, Kenny to name the main players I had in mind in terms of the decent players I was referring to. There are others who could also be classed as decent players as well. You claiming that only 3 of their players would get into a league one side is obviously rubbish, but I do get your frustration with being a Schalke fan. Just pray that Burgstaller doesn't come on and Schalke could actually nick some points in this one.

Michael - don't post rubbish and accuse others of the same - at the time I wrote that there was only Serdar and Kenny on the pitch and with Sane you picked out the three.  As the commentator said I would rather DW gave the kids a chance and lost that carry on with this nonsense, but when they came on the four main culprits continued to play sideways, backwards and never gave them a decent pass so another foul and another goal was inaevitable.

3-0. Gets evern worse for Schalke. Cordova finishing the scoring.

Backwards, backwards, and finally a good pass to the opposition and 3-0.  Sums it all up really but surprise is we stay in 8th position!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You cant really get worse than worse unless you want to invent worsest:dunce:

3 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Michael - don't post rubbish and accuse others of the same - at the time I wrote that there was only Serdar and Kenny on the pitch and with Sane you picked out the three.  As the commentator said I would rather DW gave the kids a chance and lost that carry on with this nonsense, but when they came on the four main culprits continued to play sideways, backwards and never gave them a decent pass so another foul and another goal was inaevitable.

Errr, first of all I am not posting rubbish, I was responding to you. I mentioned the players at Schalke who I would rate as decent, whether they are on the pitch or not. Those are the players I was referring to in my original post, from which you replied. Secondly, it's obvious that many of these Schalke players are better than League One level. I really don't think that there is anything unreasonable with what I have said. If there is, then please feel free to point out, where you think I am wrong.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I will be very surprised to see Wagner at Schalke for much longer. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Errr, first of all I am not posting rubbish, I was responding to you. I mentioned the players at Schalke who I would rate as decent, whether they are on the pitch or not. Those are the players I was referring to in my original post, from which you replied. Secondly, it's obvious that many of these Schalke players are better than League One level. I really don't think that there is anything unreasonable with what I have said. If there is, then please feel free to point out, where you think I am wrong.

Sorry - I was referring to the original post of mine when I said that only three of those on the field etc.. I accept there are others who were not playing - particularly young Harit who would enhance most other teams' squads, but DW team selections have been the problems since January - with the exception of JJK only the older or unreliable have had continuous runs - the kids have had no time to get used to a system or the pace of the BL properly - young Matondo has been better today, but even his time has been very limited. Alongside Sane, young Kenny has also been better this afternoon, but Caliguiri is leaving him so exposed it isn't funny anymore.  the one saving grace is that the first half of the season gave us enough points not to be looking at relegation, so DW will have time to sort it if Tonnies keeps out of the way - but that has too often not been the case>

• Upvote 1