talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [27. Spieltag] - 22-24th May, 2020

football forum

Quote:  I used to like Wagner, but I personally think that he has shown himself to be out of his depth at Schalke. 

Strength at the side of the pitch and in the Dressing Room is not always an indication of a Manager's strength against the interference from the Office! Average dismissals of more than 1 a year since 2000 is enough of an indication that something has never been right in Gelsenkirchen.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Quote:  I used to like Wagner, but I personally think that he has shown himself to be out of his depth at Schalke. 

Strength at the side of the pitch and in the Dressing Room is not always an indication of a Manager's strength against the interference from the Office! Average dismissals of more than 1 a year since 2000 is enough of an indication that something has never been right in Gelsenkirchen.

Yes, there is that as well, it never helps when clubs interfere too much in managerial affairs. That managerial record is not a good omen is it?:ph34r:

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

So, @nudge and @Tommy you want RB Leipzig to win, right :ph34r:?

Deep down both Tommy and nudge are loving this result. They are probably hoping that Leipzig score several more goals so that Mainz's goal difference becomes as bad as the goal difference of their own respective clubs.:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Compared to the first game you just have to sit and admire what is being shown here.  I know there is the anti-RB sentiment, but this is footy at its near best!

I understand the anti-Red Bull sentiment, but as you have suggested, Leipzig are just a joy to watch when they are in full flow. I was really getting into their CL run before COVID-19 spoiled all the fun.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Compared to the first game you just have to sit and admire what is being shown here.  I know there is the anti-RB sentiment, but this is footy at its near best!

It is very slick. Far too good for Mainz. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Deep down both Tommy and nudge are loving this result. They are probably hoping that Leipzig score several more goals so that Mainz's goal difference becomes as bad as the goal difference of their own respective clubs.:ph34r:

I think relegation playoff spot is our most realistic chance to stay up this season, so I'm focusing on that... Sure, if Mainz lose most of their remaining matches while we manage to scramble a few more points then I'll take it as well - I refuse to actively cheer on RB to win though... Not even watching the match anyway. 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think relegation playoff spot is our most realistic chance to stay up this season, so I'm focusing on that... Sure, if Mainz lose most of their remaining matches while we manage to scramble a few more points then I'll take it as well - I refuse to actively cheer on RB to win though... Not even watching the match anyway. 

That's a problem for me to see you post that!  I always believed that you were first and always a fan of good football.  Forget the garbage in the office, just embrace the sort of game this is and the players who are producing it.  The rest is almost immaterial - it's the game that matters.:P

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

That's a problem for me to see you post that!  I always believed that you were first and always a fan of good football.  Forget the garbage in the office, just embrace the sort of game this is and the players who are producing it.  The rest is almost immaterial - it's the game that matters.:P

Nah. Even I have some principles... 

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Those Bundesliga Twitter accounts are god tier embarrassing.

Imagine being a fan of the team and upset with the result while the social media manager is making jokes about it.

Imagine being an uptight funblocker without a sense of humor, because you have to eat llama every day.

Just now, God is Haaland said:

Imagine being an uptight funblocker without a sense of humor, because you have to eat llama every day.

The Mainz 05 joke is funny, but not when it comes from the actual team themselves. I don't think Mainz fans would be overly happy with a 5-0 drubbing.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived