The better place to talk football.

Organ Donation

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah my missus asked me about this. 

If my organs are healthy and can be used, I don't see why it can't be donated. 

Whether they are in fact healthy is another matter! 

3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Good. I've been saying for years that I would donate my organs, but I never got around to sorting it out, so this is definitely very helpful for lazy people like me xD

Same. Same as well for giving blood. Need to get round to doing it! 

Not trying to turn this into an ethical argument, well maybe I am, but what rights does a dead person have, or their family members for that matter, from keeping their organs intact when they can be used to save another life? Why is having the option even available? If keeping someones organs intact after death, directly contributes to another person's death, would that not be a form of manslaughter?

Yes. I am bored. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not trying to turn this into an ethical argument, well maybe I am, but what rights does a dead person have, or their family members for that matter, from keeping their organs intact when they can be used to save another life? Why is having the option even available? If keeping someones organs intact after death, directly contributes to another person's death, would that not be a form of manslaughter?

Yes. I am bored. 

That's a hard one buddy, that's like saying to Jehovah's Witnesses who one of their members needed a blood transfusion to save his/her life and they had to obey the new law and take someones else's blood without any objections, I gather their organization members would cause an uproar and it would end up in court, at the last count what I read they have... The group reports a worldwide membership of approximately 8.68 million adherents involved in evangelism and an annual Memorial attendance of over 20 million. 

10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

That's a hard one buddy, that's like saying to Jehovah's Witnesses who one of their members needed a blood transfusion to save his/her life and they had to obey the new law and take someones else's blood without any objections, I gather their organization members would cause an uproar and it would end up in court, at the last count what I read they have... The group reports a worldwide membership of approximately 8.68 million adherents involved in evangelism and an annual Memorial attendance of over 20 million. 

But you're still alive and can consent. There are also risks and altercations with blood transfusions or any blood donations. 

What the hell are you going to need your organs for when you are decease? 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

But you're still alive and can consent. There are also risks and altercations with blood transfusions or any blood donations. 

What the hell are you going to need your organs for when you are decease? 

I am all for it tbh, I would consent to have my organs donated without any hesitation if it became law, my brother was born disabled with one leg and deformed toes and fingers and I think if the law then and medical science were more advanced then like nowadays where he was diagnosed in my mother's womb that if a certain part of the human anatomy could be used before he was born that would make him a normal human being then I am sure my late mother or father or one of my eldest sisters would have jumped at the chance and volunteered to donate a certain body part or tissue.    

Archived