The better place to talk football.

Man Utd Sue Sports Interactive

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Weird. 

FM (or CM) have been using it for years, all the way back to its inception.

Weird that they're suing them for 'extensive usage'. 

Are Man Utd that desperate for cash?

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If that's the case (seeing as they have the licence for PES 2020), then this is piss poor journalism as Konami are not mentioned in the article at all. 

United have been fine with this every single season. Last year, they signed a deal with Konami to become a ‘global partner’. It’s not like the media to leave details out though is it......

United aren’t exactly going to throw Konami under the bus, but they are the sole reason behind this, and I’ve been told by a very good source.

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

United have been fine with this every single season. Last year, they signed a deal with Konami to become a ‘global partner’. It’s not like the media to leave details out though is it......

United aren’t exactly going to throw Konami under the bus, but they are the sole reason behind this, and I’ve been told by a very good source.

That doesn't surprise me with Konami as they've turned into an absolute shitshow of a company now. Even EA (one of the biggest cunts going) haven't tried something like this (not to my knowledge at least). 

I can't see this going very far in all honesty as, judged on what the article says, it just sounds like a frivolous case in the same way Victoria Beckham tried to sue Peterborough for the nickname 'Posh'. 

The best thing about this is the sheer amount of Liverpool fans on Twitter losing their minds, claiming United are trying to make a quick buck. Short memories. They seem to have forgotten their club tried to trademark the city they live in as their own intellectual property ffs.

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Just goes to show what we all already knew about English football clubs. Manchester United is a brand not an institution belonging to the community.

The lower down the leagues you are the more it is a necessity to act as a community asset, the higher you get the less that matters 

• 1 year later...

You can change team names with the editor cant you? Plenty of people managed to change Zebre to Juventus for example. 

This has come at the right time for me though, playing Football Manager has become next to impossible with a newborn.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

You can change team names with the editor cant you? Plenty of people managed to change Zebre to Juventus for example. 

This has come at the right time for me though, playing Football Manager has become next to impossible with a newborn.

As said above, there's a fix for the Juventus name change as well as being able to get the German national team

Archived