• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Could be. I think HSV had even more xD 

Googled them it came up with herpes simplex virus xD

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just heard schalke have had 21 managers since 2002 O.o @nudge

I did actually refer to that yesterday afternoon during the discussion on DW - you have benefitted from this sort of thing - Slomka failed to keep Mesut in 2005 and before that there were terrible problems with managers not being able to relate to the young kids!  Look at the ones still playing first class footie - including your Sead - another office fall out and free transfer mismanagement. Sadly most of the problems - Meyer, Goretzka, Sane, Kehrer, Ayhan, Draxler,  Gundoghan, Howedes, Matip, Rafhina, Holtby, Uth, Rakitic, and even Neuer - all from the kids section and all used as tools to earn money to cover the upstairs failings - even with a full house every game and regular forays into Europe the coffers are still not solid - Tonnies has a hell of a lot to answer for and even with his racist comments he still manages to hang on!  The players are fine (not very good at the moment), the Club is well supported and no riots yet!, but the upstairs is what you, I and the others all dislike/hate/disrespect whichever, but don't knock DW yet - he will be getting that from those who interfere week after week with his job.  Nudge is hurting, but Bremen can still get out of this problem,  Tommy will beat us on Wednesday and nudge next week so there are points to be had - we don't need them as we are safe and the present squad will not survive next season in Europe so let's not try that for now - it needs totally overhauling and the old men in the team who go through the motions, take the money and like the Pandas - eat, shoot and leave without any sense or thought other than - not me boss!  I have had over 70 years of this since I became one of the 'knappen' and still travel between Leeds and Dusseldorf when I am allowed and will continue to do so until the legs stop working! I still like the old song which ends with the line - "The Clouds will soon roll by!"

As I keep saying to Tommy and Thea - Keep the Faith!

Be nice!  sei nett

51 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

I did actually refer to that yesterday afternoon during the discussion on DW - you have benefitted from this sort of thing - Slomka failed to keep Mesut in 2005 and before that there were terrible problems with managers not being able to relate to the young kids!  Look at the ones still playing first class footie - including your Sead - another office fall out and free transfer mismanagement. Sadly most of the problems - Meyer, Goretzka, Sane, Kehrer, Ayhan, Draxler,  Gundoghan, Howedes, Matip, Rafhina, Holtby, Uth, Rakitic, and even Neuer - all from the kids section and all used as tools to earn money to cover the upstairs failings - even with a full house every game and regular forays into Europe the coffers are still not solid - Tonnies has a hell of a lot to answer for and even with his racist comments he still manages to hang on!  The players are fine (not very good at the moment), the Club is well supported and no riots yet!, but the upstairs is what you, I and the others all dislike/hate/disrespect whichever, but don't knock DW yet - he will be getting that from those who interfere week after week with his job.  Nudge is hurting, but Bremen can still get out of this problem,  Tommy will beat us on Wednesday and nudge next week so there are points to be had - we don't need them as we are safe and the present squad will not survive next season in Europe so let's not try that for now - it needs totally overhauling and the old men in the team who go through the motions, take the money and like the Pandas - eat, shoot and leave without any sense or thought other than - not me boss!  I have had over 70 years of this since I became one of the 'knappen' and still travel between Leeds and Dusseldorf when I am allowed and will continue to do so until the legs stop working! I still like the old song which ends with the line - "The Clouds will soon roll by!"

As I keep saying to Tommy and Thea - Keep the Faith!

Be nice!  sei nett

Why are these players bolded? Because none of them are from Schalke product: Goretzka played with VFL Bochum in his youth, Rafinha is from Londrina EC academy, Holtby is a youth product from Alemannia Aachen, Uth from FC Köln and Rakitic from FC Basel academy. Know you tend to adorn Schalke with burrowed plumes but 5 of the players you mentioned had nothing to do with your kids section, by the way every club apart from a few selected ones lose their best youth players to bigger fishes, so stop moaning about Schalke doing what's usual for 99.5 % of all clubs every second post.

Not really aware of who has to play who in the remaining games, but I'm assuming if Bayern win tonight thats virtually match point for them.

Let's hope Dortmund deliver the goods.

12 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Why are these players bolded? Because none of them are from Schalke product: Goretzka played with VFL Bochum in his youth, Rafinha is from Londrina EC academy, Holtby is a youth product from Alemannia Aachen, Uth from FC Köln and Rakitic from FC Basel academy. Know you tend to adorn Schalke with burrowed plumes but 5 of the players you mentioned had nothing to do with your kids section, by the way every club apart from a few selected ones lose their best youth players to bigger fishes, so stop moaning about Schalke doing what's usual for 99.5 % of all clubs every second post. 

Apart from Uth who is the most recent failure of the Tonnies' era, I spent time with all the others with the kids and players in Bergerfeld - even Ivan joining in the conversation classes to extend his English and they were all part of the young groups who - even after joining from elsewhere were very much part of the youth culture in the Veltins.  Even Lucky Lewis' connection with my late old friend (singer Robert Earl) and his dad at Everton still regards his time at Schalke as important and -as with the others - sadly ending with fall-outs, not of his making. Add that to  'little rafa' (Marcio) who is enjoying sitting out the virus in Italy told me two weeks ago that he would have come back if they had asked him. There is a very close relationship between the players there and despite some good (and the odd evil ) coaches, their problems were all centered upstairs and not on the field.  The point of my post was to ask for more time for DW - with whom I sat on the bench in May 23 years ago this week in Milan - and who I know is suffering from trying to make his mark despite others above not helping!  Sometimes - as in the Cummings saga - all is not what it appears to be either on the surface or down to the 'scum' reporters making stuff up!

Something incomprehensible happened today. Although we're still 2 points above second place and won 13 out of our last 15 matches and qualified for the round of 16 in DFB-Pokal, we fired our manager Dirk Lottner, because the board was unhappy with team development. :dam: Sometimes I wonder what's going on on our representatives's minds. The board will have a lot to explain at the member assembly on the 9th. Edited December 2, 2019 by Rucksackfranzose 

Just came across this post from December - seems you and I have more in common than we knew about - I could have posted that many many times since TFF first started way way back!

sei nett

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Not really aware of who has to play who in the remaining games, but I'm assuming if Bayern win tonight thats virtually match point for them.

Let's hope Dortmund deliver the goods.

Essentially yes, though I think they have Bayer  Leverkusen next week and that’s nowhere near a walk in the park. Still, be nice for Dortmund to put on a show tonight and make it interesting for us neutrals. 

So random but the only thing I do like about no crowd is how every kick/thud of the ball echoes and when the ball hits the net, it makes such a sweet sound.

Makes you feel a bit more part if the action.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bayern getting back in to a bit more now. 

With all due respect to Dortmund, I always felt that Bayern wouldn't lose this game today. They are such a complete team in all areas of the pitch and they have a lot of experience.

• The title was changed to Bundesliga 2019/20 - [28. Spieltag] - 26-27th May, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived