talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [28. Spieltag] - 26-27th May, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Haaland looking desperate and almost trying too hard.

3 scuffed shots he's had now (1 was an overhead kick which was mistimed, so will let him off there). 

Alaba has been quality at CB. Positioning and blocking has been good.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

With all due respect to Dortmund, I always felt that Bayern wouldn't lose this game today. They are such a complete team in all areas of the pitch and they have a lot of experience.

They've not not lost yet!

• Administrator

What a recovery that was from Davies. Must be one of the quickest players in the league, if not Europe or the world surely?! Caught up with Haaland when through on goal.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

What a recovery that was from Davies. Must be one of the quickest players in the league, if not Europe or the world surely?! Caught up with Haaland when through on goal.

Davies has a lot of skills to his game, but his pace is such a huge asset of his, it makes him such a force to be reckoned with.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Foot race with Advincula will prove that ;) 

Just now, Michael said:

Oh Davies is so much faster than that Hoffenheim reject!:ph34r:

I am still waiting for Davies to mark himself as the fastest player in the world ;) 

Though it probably isn't long until he clocks that.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

OH WOW. 

What a goal that is from Kimmich!

An excellently executed and intelligent chip there by Kimmich. Kimmich is really such a key player for Bayern and perhaps at times not given enough credit.

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

An excellently executed and intelligent chip there by Kimmich. Kimmich is really such a key player for Bayern and perhaps at times not given enough credit.

he's quite versatile. He started off in defence (right-back) if I remember correctly but already so accomplished in midfield. 

What a goal from Kimmich

Dortmund play some really good football, one touch football that at times you’d associate with a high performing Guardiola side but they can’t match that standard in the final third

Just now, Lucas said:

Nice chip but come on, keeper should have saved that surely. It wasn't even fingertips.

He actually had enough of the ball to have tipped that away. Poor. 

Not seen many replays but it looked like the ball bounced off the palm of his hand 

My dad got to see Alphonso Davies' first game in Vancouver. It's mad how he's developed since. He told me he was surprised at how good the 15 year old was. 

I knew Davies would get some game time at Bayern but never did I think he would be a key player.

Just now, Stan said:

he's quite versatile. He started off in defence (right-back) if I remember correctly but already so accomplished in midfield. 

Yes, right-back is actually his real position, but he has adapted superbly to that defensive midfield role in recent times. His work-rate is excellent, he's always in the thick of the action and he rarely puts a foot wrong. He's an excellent talent and such a key part of this Bayern team.

• Administrator

Think some are being a bit harsh on Burki.

Got a hand to it but because he was off balance and diving back, it's probably why it hasn't been palmed away enough. It also goes to show how perfectly Kimmich executed it.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think some are being a bit harsh on Burki.

Got a hand to it but because he was off balance and diving back, it's probably why it hasn't been palmed away enough. It also goes to show how perfectly Kimmich executed it.

No way, look at that replay xD

He has even got the lift on his right leg fine, but his hand wasn't strong enough.

Ultimately, the top drawer keepers save those in the big games.

But hey, each to their own, that's what it's all about.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Nice chip but come on, keeper should have saved that surely. It wasn't even fingertips.

He actually had enough of the ball to have tipped that away. Poor. 

I agree.

We have a funny expression in Brazil for that kind of goalkeeping: "mão de alface" ("lettuce hands"). 

Just now, El Profesor said:

I agree.

We have a funny expression in Brazil for that kind of goalkeeping: "mão de alface" ("lettuce hands"). 

Haha, I have never heard that before but that's quite funny.

And extremely accurate.

• Administrator

Dortmund appear to have lost a bit of their intensity and flow from the 1st half. 

They can't get going anywhere near like they did before half-time.

Bayern are playing how Dortmund did.

• The title was changed to Bundesliga 2019/20 - [28. Spieltag] - 26-27th May, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived