talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [28. Spieltag] - 26-27th May, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

I didnt know they had to play those 3! Thats bound to give the Werder players some confidence.

We also have to play Bayern but the rest of our matches are "easier" - Schalke, Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, Paderborn, Mainz and Köln. Meanwhile, Fortuna have Bayern, Hoffenheim, BVB, Leipzig, Augsburg and Union.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's absolutely what's going to happen, and they will win the match as a result xD 

Thank fuck Labbadia is not available though :x xD

Yes, it's probably too soon to bring a new manager in for the Werder match, but I don't think Mr.Wagner will be there. Maybe Huub Stevens might take over temporarily against Werder before Schalke find themselves a new long term manager. Either way, they can't get much worse than how they are performing right now. They are sadly awful. 

YEEEEEES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instead of losing a lead with just turn around a 0-1 for a change. I had such sweaty hands until the final whistle. FUCKING GET IN!!! 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Rick said:

I didnt know they had to play those 3! Thats bound to give the Werder players some confidence.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

We also have to play Bayern but the rest of our matches are "easier" - Schalke, Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, Paderborn, Mainz and Köln. Meanwhile, Fortuna have Bayern, Hoffenheim, BVB, Leipzig, Augsburg and Union.

I think Werder need to concentrate on getting the points themselves first and foremost! Other teams losing points is a bonus but it means nothing if they don't get the points themselves. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

I think Werder need to concentrate on getting the points themselves first and foremost! Other teams losing points is a bonus but it means nothing if they don't get the points themselves.

Oh definitely, but since there's no way we'll win all of our remaining matches, it's also worth looking into how many points Fortuna are likely to lose as well. Our next two matches will be key either way - if we win against Schalke and Frankfurt, then there's hope yet. If not, it's as good as over.

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

YEEEEEES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instead of losing a lead with just turn around a 0-1 for a change. I had such sweaty hands until the final whistle. FUCKING GET IN!!! 

Your cup does overflow with emotions doesn't it.... 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh definitely, but since there's no way we'll win all of our remaining matches, it's also worth looking into how many points Fortuna are likely to lose as well. Our next two matches will be key either way - if we win against Schalke and Frankfurt, then there's hope yet. If not, it's as good as over.

Have faith. I refer you to our 'great escape' in 14/15 :D

Won 7 of our last 9. Survived with a game to spare ;)

1 minute ago, nudge said:

The positives you can take from your next two fixtures is that Schalke and Frankfurt are probably currently the two most off form teams. Schalke haven't won in their last 10 Bundesliga matches, while Frankfurt haven't won in their last 6 Bundesliga games. It's all really down to Werder to lift themselves and perform as best as they can in these 2 vital upcoming fixtures.

I don't know what it is, I am really struggling to get into live football at the moment. Not sure if it's my mentality that the league could possibly stop again, playing too many games or wanting to focus on my music. It's not the league, as I enjoyed thoroughly the 2 games I've watched so far. 

Luckily I can rewatch some games via Instat which I feel is more of an option this time (for once). @nudge who are the team with the best U23's? Leipzig I'd guess?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I don't know what it is, I am really struggling to get into live football at the moment. Not sure if it's my mentality that the league could possibly stop again, playing too many games or wanting to focus on my music. It's not the league, as I enjoyed thoroughly the 2 games I've watched so far. 

Luckily I can rewatch some games via Instat which I feel is more of an option this time (for once). @nudge who are the team with the best U23's? Leipzig I'd guess?

Leipzig doesn't even have a U23 team anymore, they disbanded it 3 years ago.

If you judge based on the level they play at, then it has to be Bayern since they are the only 1. Bundesliga club with a U23 team in the 3. Liga, the rest are playing at lower tiers.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Leipzig doesn't even have a U23 team anymore, they disbanded it 3 years ago.

If you judge based on the level they play at, then it has to be Bayern since they are the only 1. Bundesliga club with a U23 team in the 3. Liga, the rest are playing at lower tiers.

I meant U23 players in their first team.

@SchalkeUK I can't see, why you blame Burgstaller of all players for your loss? First of all, he isn't a defender and therefore not at fault for the terrible defending when conceding the second goal; second it was not him, who was responsible for that horrible tactics that led to Düsseldorf having 73% possession during first half; and last but not least your midfield, consisting of young players by the way, didn't create no chances, even an attack comprising Messi, Ronaldo, and Lewandowski wouldn't have scored.

So blame your defenders, blame the whole team, or blame Wagner, but Burgstaller is definitely the wrong scapegoat.

5 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@SchalkeUK I can't see, why you blame Burgstaller of all players for your loss? First of all, he isn't a defender and therefore not at fault for the terrible defending when conceding the second goal; second it was not him, who was responsible for that horrible tactics that led to Düsseldorf having 73% possession during first half; and last but not least your midfield, consisting of young players by the way, didn't create no chances, even an attack comprising Messi, Ronaldo, and Lewandowski wouldn't have scored.

So blame your defenders, blame the whole team, or blame Wagner, but Burgstaller is definitely the wrong scapegoat.

No it's not blame for the defeat, it is just so difficult to understand why he is still filling a spot on the field.  We have the biggest problem in mid-field with no experienced players there and thus very little for the front men to feed off - I know the defence is poor, but the Klopp theory of score more than give away could still work - problem is Burgstellar is the most experienced of all our front men and yesterday he wandered all over, can't run(watch him off the ball) is too often offside as he is unable to react quickly enough to get back on and - worst of all - when the few chance came - Kenny and Matondo trying hard - he was nowhere to be seen in the box area! His countryman in mid-field and the young American are more concerned with kicking the opposition than kicking the ball so not much chance of help from there (check the foul count) and DW keeps bringing the forward replacements on with less than 30 minutes to go - in some cases less than 20 minutes left - how on earth can they get used to the speed of the BL and the pace of the game with so little fragmented chances. Huth had the same problem - bits here and there and now as a regular in the Koln side he is back to some sort of form again.  Tedesco did that to Meyer and Hodgson is carrying that on so that Max's game is nowhere near that which he displayed in Brazil. Bremen must be really looking forward to this weekend and I am afraid that I am not at all confident that someone under the present system will get another goal!  David Selke needs a full game or else he will deteriorate from the fine young International kid he was a few years ago! Look the West side of the UK for inspiration - Man U and Rashford and Liverpool and the emerging brilliance of young Trent. All in all another brick in the wall and leave the kids alone to get on with it! Oh and sit Mr B on the bench until someone is daft enough to enquire about him 'cos I can't see that happening!

Sorry that your season has finished but stay here and watch the rest of us suffer!!!:89_clap:

54 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

No it's not blame for the defeat, it is just so difficult to understand why he is still filling a spot on the field.  We have the biggest problem in mid-field with no experienced players there and thus very little for the front men to feed off - I know the defence is poor, but the Klopp theory of score more than give away could still work - problem is Burgstellar is the most experienced of all our front men and yesterday he wandered all over, can't run(watch him off the ball) is too often offside as he is unable to react quickly enough to get back on and - worst of all - when the few chance came - Kenny and Matondo trying hard - he was nowhere to be seen in the box area! His countryman in mid-field and the young American are more concerned with kicking the opposition than kicking the ball so not much chance of help from there (check the foul count) and DW keeps bringing the forward replacements on with less than 30 minutes to go - in some cases less than 20 minutes left - how on earth can they get used to the speed of the BL and the pace of the game with so little fragmented chances. Huth had the same problem - bits here and there and now as a regular in the Koln side he is back to some sort of form again.  Tedesco did that to Meyer and Hodgson is carrying that on so that Max's game is nowhere near that which he displayed in Brazil. Bremen must be really looking forward to this weekend and I am afraid that I am not at all confident that someone under the present system will get another goal!  David Selke needs a full game or else he will deteriorate from the fine young International kid he was a few years ago! Look the West side of the UK for inspiration - Man U and Rashford and Liverpool and the emerging brilliance of young Trent. All in all another brick in the wall and leave the kids alone to get on with it! Oh and sit Mr B on the bench until someone is daft enough to enquire about him 'cos I can't see that happening!

Sorry that your season has finished but stay here and watch the rest of us suffer!!!:89_clap:

Our season isn't finished yet. We still have to play a DFB-Pokal semifinal match.^_^

I am terrified. if we lose to schalke we have no chance and it's the first game we've been favorite

We needed to score against Gladbach. they're a great team and we played them off the park. I was proud of the boys but we needed some luck there, shit like that will sink our ship. 

Just had a zoom with some 04 buds - the general feeling is that we do not want to lose this weekend, but the respect for Werder will not makes us totally happy if we are somehow responsible for your losing your BL spot after all this time.  Just you and nudge and the rest maintain the belief you can do this!

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Our season isn't finished yet. We still have to play a DFB-Pokal semifinal match.^_^

That was always going to be hard - even if you were playing every week.  To come back against a side that is already up and playing will be even harder, but the way you perform could earn loads of 'brownie points'

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Just had a zoom with some 04 buds - the general feeling is that we do not want to lose this weekend, but the respect for Werder will not makes us totally happy if we are somehow responsible for your losing your BL spot after all this time.  Just you and nudge and the rest maintain the belief you can do this!

Was David Wagner one of them? Hope he sticks with it then and keeps doing the great work he's been doing at Schalke so far. 

They were actually watching DW and the gang in a light training session!  Not sure what that meant, but perhaps they were plotting something for the weekend - something important like which after shower foam to use!9_9

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Just had a zoom with some 04 buds - the general feeling is that we do not want to lose this weekend,

That's a good start I suppose xD

3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

My uncle (who works in Gelsenkirchen) told me that a workmate of him had a zoom with some Schalke legends today. Including Klaus Fischer, Ingo Anderbrügge and Peter Neururer. Any chance this was the same meeting?

t

2 hours ago, Faithcore said:

My uncle (who works in Gelsenkirchen) told me that a workmate of him had a zoom with some Schalke legends today. Including Klaus Fischer, Ingo Anderbrügge and Peter Neururer. Any chance this was the same meeting?

Never disclose where your info comes from but just let's say Ingo was scoring a penalty while DW and I were watching from the bench in Milan - my post a few days ago of that started the recollections of better days! Thought it was a closed zoom but maybe your uncle's friend is also on the 'cleared' list and here was I thinking it was a wrinklie meeting!

• The title was changed to Bundesliga 2019/20 - [28. Spieltag] - 26-27th May, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived