• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [28. Spieltag] - 26-27th May, 2020

football forum

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Just wait and see how Gross scores the winning goal in the last minute of the match! 

That would be gross!(sorry couldn't help myself with this Americanism)xD

• Administrator

I'm disappointed that Dortmund fell totally flat immediately as the 2nd half started. As if the goal for Bayern shortly before half-time totally sucked the life out of them. You have to wonder what Lucien Favre said to them? Probably have to recognise that Bayern changed their shape to nullify Dortmund's wide threat in Hakimi and Guerreiro. They went totally quiet in 2nd half. In the first half, Hakimi was getting a lot of space in the Bayern defensive third as Gnabry was offering no support to Davies. I think Goretzka and Kimmich did well to offer that support either side whilst also controlling the midfield too. 

Dortmund then just had no ideas how to get anyone on the ball in space and were being closed down quickly, perhaps even quicker than Bayern were from the start of the match. It's worrying for Dortmund that Haaland was quite once again. Totally off-form and maybe he's been carrying an injury or something. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm disappointed that Dortmund fell totally flat immediately as the 2nd half started. As if the goal for Bayern shortly before half-time totally sucked the life out of them. You have to wonder what Lucien Favre said to them? Probably have to recognise that Bayern changed their shape to nullify Dortmund's wide threat in Hakimi and Guerreiro. They went totally quiet in 2nd half. In the first half, Hakimi was getting a lot of space in the Bayern defensive third as Gnabry was offering no support to Davies. I think Goretzka and Kimmich did well to offer that support either side whilst also controlling the midfield too. 

Dortmund then just had no ideas how to get anyone on the ball in space and were being closed down quickly, perhaps even quicker than Bayern were from the start of the match. It's worrying for Dortmund that Haaland was quite once again. Totally off-form and maybe he's been carrying an injury or something. 

I think that's a bit harsh on Haaland. It wasn't like he was given too much to work with and he was up against the best defence in the league.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think that's a bit harsh on Haaland. It wasn't like he was given too much to work with and he was up against the best defence in the league.

When he got in to positions to shoot, he either scuffed or mistimed the shot. The best one he had was the Boateng blocked one which was arguably going wide. Maybe because of the lightning start he had in Dortmund colours the expectations are high, but the talent is clearly there. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

When he got in to positions to shoot, he either scuffed or mistimed the shot. The best one he had was the Boateng blocked one which was arguably going wide. Maybe because of the lightning start he had in Dortmund colours the expectations are high, but the talent is clearly there. 

No mate, Haaland's shot that was blocked by Boateng's arm was definitely goal bound. Furthermore, I don't think that any player would find it easy against that strong Bayern defence.

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

I have to agree.

He was often isolated. No support. And some of the balls they pumped up to him were bloody optimistic. He looked a frustrated figure. You could have said Lewandowski had the exact same game bar one chance at the end.

I felt Dortmund missed something in the link up play. The lad Brandt who came off was actually having a decent game. I don't think they quite managed to replicate what he was bringing in the first half.

I got to say, that Goretzka in the middle of the park had a bloody good game. Won a lot of balls and I didn't see him give it away much. Strong player.

• Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

Is Sargent a better option than Selke up front? He looks a bit meh

Debatable, but Selke has been shockingly bad in the last two matches so probably deserves some time off. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Is Sargent a better option than Selke up front? He looks a bit meh

No, not in my opinion. I much prefer Selke. Sargeant is good technically, but he is a bit of a lightweight.

Werder have been decent here. Seriously lacking somebody upfront though. Sargent just hasn’t done anything, and Osaka for all his efforts isn’t getting anywhere. Could do with Kruse 👀

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wolfsburg take the lead just before HT away at Leverkusen!

Pongrasic with a nice glancing header from a free-kick.

Pongracic? That's the player that @Nudge rates highly.:ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Werder have been decent here. Seriously lacking somebody upfront though. Sargent just hasn’t done anything, and Osaka for all his efforts isn’t getting anywhere. Could do with Kruse 👀

I wish Füllkrug wasn't injured... 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Pongracic? That's the player that @Nudge rates highly.:ph34r:

What have I missed here xD 

Did he used to play for Bremen or something

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Yes, Werder could do with Kruse right now, shame he moved to Istanbul. I'd probably bring Bittencourt and Selke on in place of Osako and Sargent if I was Werder manager. I am a much bigger fans of those two, they bring much more to Werder's game.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

What have I missed here xD 

Did he used to play for Bremen or something

Nah, he joined from Red Bull Salzburg where he was fourth choice central defender, had many disciplinary issues and was very injury prone. @Michaelthinks 10 million that Wolfsburg paid for him was a steal, I think it's mental to pay that much for a player like that. That's all, you haven't missed anything xD

• The title was changed to Bundesliga 2019/20 - [28. Spieltag] - 26-27th May, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived