Bayern Munich vs Fortuna Dusseldorf, 17.30

Sunday 31st May, 2020
Borussia Monchengladbach vs Union Berlin
Paderborn vs Borussia Dortmund, 17.00

Monday 1st June 2020
Koln vs RB Leipzig, 19.30

Wednesday 3rd June, 2020
Werder Bremen vs Eintracht Frankfurt, 19.30

• The title was changed to Bundesliga 2019/20 - [29. Spieltag] - 29 May - 3rd June, 2020
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Goal Leverkusen!

Havertz somehow squeezes in a finish from a tight angle after Bailey's pass through. Freiburg defenders and keeper have to do better there.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Doesn't look good for Havertz :( 

It seems he was substituted as a precaution, but Leverkusen don't think his injury is serious! 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

It seems he was substituted as a precaution, but Leverkusen don't think his injury is serious! 

Good. Yes he went back on the pitch but was walking quite gingerly. Looked like a knee injury as he went down in agony!

• Administrator

Well that was very drab. 

A little moment of magic from Havertz the only difference. Very cagy and tight and a bit scrappy to be honest.

The Freiburg manager is absolutely livid.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Dominique Heintz. It was quite glaring and it wasnt just one of those monitors players wear under their shirts either. xD

Ah right, he does have a light hump! I think I read somewhere he got it as a kid after a too fast growth spurt.

Missed this game, but it doesn't sound like I missed much. No surprise that Havertz scored again in his relatively new role as a striker for Leverkusen. However, I notice that Bosz left out several key players out of the starting 11 for this match, I am guessing that he just wanted to rest them. Leverkusen gaining the 3 points would have kind of endorsed the decision that he made. Bayer Leverkusen will be desperate to be among the Champions League places ahead of their closest rivals.

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Getting nervous... 

Langkamp in the starting XI, don't know what to make of it. 

Hmmm, yeah and Sargent starts again, I much prefer Selke. Plus when will Augustinsson start?  Schalke have Todibo back, which is a huge boost for them, I didn't realise he would be ready for this match and Wagner has seen sense to drop the hapless Burgstaller to the bench. Still, I think this game can go either way nudge, so there is still plenty of hope. This is another critical match for Werder, hopefully they can deliver the points.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Hmmm, yeah and Sargent starts again, I much prefer Selke. Plus when will Augustinsson start?  Schalke have Todibo back, which is a huge boost for them, I didn't realise he would be ready for this match and Wagner has seen sense to drop the hapless Burgstaller to the bench. Still, I think this game can go either way nudge, so there is still plenty of hope. This is another critical match for Werder, hopefully they can deliver the points.

Augustinsson is not fully fit, just returned from an injury. I'm also glad Friedl gets rewarded for the good recent performances, his attitude in the last two matches is exactly what we need in the relegation fight. 

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Augustinsson is not fully fit, just returned from an injury. I'm also glad Friedl gets rewarded for the good recent performances, his attitude in the last two matches is exactly what we need in the relegation fight. 

Yes, that has to be the case, but he was on the bench for the last match, so I would have thought that he would be fit for this game. Friedl has been one of Werder's better performers this season, but I am a huge fan of Augustinsson. He has a left foot to die for, he battles hard and he is also a very intelligent player who is very consistent. Either way, good luck to Werder today, god knows they need the points.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, that has to be the case, but he was on the bench for the last match, so I would have thought that he would be fit for this game. Friedl has been one of Werder's better performers this season, but I am a huge fan of Augustinsson. He has a left foot to die for, he battles hard and he is also a very intelligent player who is very consistent. Either way, good luck to Werder today, god knows they need the points.

Haha I wouldn't say Friedl has been one of our better performers this season, I think he's been pretty poor and had some awful matches, to be honest. But he has the right attitude for the relegation fight - hard working, hard tackling, always going into challenges, fighting spirit, willingness to play a bit dirty. Augustinsson is no doubt a superior player, but Friedl (and Groß) type of players are also key to survival, in my opinion. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived