• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [29. Spieltag] - 29 May - 3rd June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

2-0! Brandt breaks free and squares it for Sancho to tap in. 

Sancho reveals a 'Justice for George Floyd' message underneath his top.

• Administrator

Another goal for Sancho! Good response to conceding from Dortmund. Straight on the attack and Sancho finishes well after a good run from Guerreiro.

10 hours ago, Rick said:

Shame Dortmund bottled it when it mattered.

You might say they bottled it, but I would say that they lost to a much superior side. Bayern are in my opinion the best team in Europe right now. From Neuer in goal to Lewandowski in attack, the team is stacked with world class players. Moreover, Flick has gotten them to play to their strength as a team. So in my mind, Dortmund didn't shame themselves by losing to Bayern at home, it was kind of expected.

35 minutes ago, Michael said:

You might say they bottled it, but I would say that they lost to a much superior side. Bayern are in my opinion the best team in Europe right now. From Neuer in goal to Lewandowski in attack, the team is stacked with world class players. Moreover, Flick has gotten them to play to their strength as a team. So in my mind, Dortmund didn't shame themselves by losing to Bayern at home, it was kind of expected.

I believe Dortmund suffered a lot from not having an in form Witsel or Sancho in the starting line up vs Bayern. But sure, Bayern were the favourites.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

They had plenty of the ball, in fact, more of it in the first half than Bayern and they did nothing. Bayern has less chances than Dortmund and ended up with the win. Dortmund properly bottled it second half, it’s like they were just accepting defeat. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

They had plenty of the ball, in fact, more of it in the first half than Bayern and they did nothing. Bayern has less chances than Dortmund and ended up with the win. Dortmund properly bottled it second half, it’s like they were just accepting defeat. 

That's not really correct, the official stats actually say that Bayern edged the chances created and that the possession was equal overall during the match. Even if Dortmund had more of the possession in the 1st half, that's kind of expected from the home side in a top of the table clash. 

You claim they had more of the ball in the first half and they did nothing. That's mostly because Bayern prevented them from doing much. In fact Dortmund did create some chances in the first half and they did the right thing in most instances, it's just that Bayern's defence was too good. Lets look at their first half chances. Haaland had a chance early in the 1st minute of the match. A through ball was played towards Hazard, but Neuer beat the Belgian to the ball with his keeper sweeper antics, except that Neuer's clearance deflected off of Davies and fell kindly to Haaland outside the area. Haaland did everything right, he collected the ball, ran with it and nutmegged Neuer, only for Boateng to clear off of the line.

Dortmund's best chances came from counter attacks or from shots from outside the area during the match, contrast that to Bayern who on several occasions managed to work the ball into the Dortmund area while Dortmund were defending in numbers. In fact the only real time Dortmund managed to create a dangerous chance in the Bayern area, was in the 2nd half and Haaland did everything right, as his shot was heading towards goal, only for Boateng to essentially block the ball with his arm/elbow which lead to the ball subsequently going out of play. Dortmund's other real chance was a powerful long range effort from outside the area by Dahoud, which was fisted away by Neuer.

Bayern on the other hand created the more dangerous chances when they attacked. A case in point is when Bayern dissected Dortmund's defence in the first half, when Muller played a lovely lofted ball forward towards the darting Coman, the Frenchman got control of the ball, swivelled backwards and crossed for Gnabry in the area who controlled the ball and shot. Gnabry's shot beat Burki, but was cleared off the line by Piszczeck. Besides Bayern's goal, the other dangerous chances that Bayern created was Goretzka's effort that was excellently blocked by Burki and Lewandowski's powerful effort that came off of the post.

Lets face it, if you were to choose a combined Bayern/Dortmund best 11 from the players  that started that Bayern and Dortmund match, I think that only Brandt, Haaland and maybe Hummels for Boateng would realistically make the team. The conclusion is that Bayern are simply the better team overall and their defence has been excellent under Flick. Davies, Alaba and Pavard have been outstanding. 

• Administrator

Koln take the lead against Leipzig!

Cordoba gets on the end of a rebound after an earlier shot hit the post. Composed finish in to the roof of the net.

1-0 Koln!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Cordoba gets on the end of a rebound after an earlier shot hit the post. Composed finish in to the roof of the net.

1-0 Koln!

The initial pass to the forward which eventually hit the post was absolutely beautiful.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

1-0 Koln!

I thought the chance might of gone after the ball came off the post, but Cordoba just let rip with that finish from the rebound!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

The initial pass to the forward which eventually hit the post was absolutely beautiful.

Yes very well timed!

1 minute ago, Michael said:

I thought the chance might of gone after the ball came off the post, but Cordoba just let rip with that finish from the rebound!

Gulacsi actually did well to deny the first shot, divert on to the post. Might have let himself down a little not keeping Cordoba's shot out.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived