talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Sopranos

football forum

• Subscriber

Started re watching this during lockdown for the first tine in over 10 years, at least.

Currently near the end of Season 2. Forgot how much of a classic it really is... forgot so much of it!

Greatest TV series of all time? Easily top 5, I’d say.

And James Gandolfini... has there been a better performance in TV history than him as Tony Soprano?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
22 hours ago, nudge said:

I should probably rewatch it too.

Looking forward to the prequel movie, should be coming out in 2021... 

Yeah they’ve pushed it back to March 2021 now. That movie coming out was one of the reasons I decided to watch it again. That and it’s just fucking awesome... like I need an excuse!

Easily one of the best. It was always THE best along with the Wire, up until recent years when a lot of great series started coming out. Still though, The Sopranos will always be up there.

Have you never watched Power @JOSHBRFC? You'd love that mate. It's finished now, but that was a brilliant series that I watched from the start when it first came out on netflix.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Easily one of the best. It was always THE best along with the Wire, up until recent years when a lot of great series started coming out. Still though, The Sopranos will always be up there.

Have you never watched Power @JOSHBRFC? You'd love that mate. It's finished now, but that was a brilliant series that I watched from the start when it first came out on netflix.

Yeah It remains in the top 3 for me.

And no mate, not watched power. My mates watch it I just haven’t got into it to be honest. 

ps that’s the 5th time you’ve asked me from the last 5 times we’ve spoke ;) you on commission or what ye cyyyunt

• Subscriber

Defintely top 5 still, it was the first truely tv great series and paved the way for so many more to come. So many good moments  and characters. I was actually just talking about rewatching it soon as well. I think it holds true to this day still as well; the finale is one of the most divisive episodes of anything. Personally I absolutely loved it. 

• Subscriber

Never watched it, will start in a few weeks after I've watched other series.

It best not be like the wire which was really boring and shit.

Archived