talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Dan said:

We're linked with Iheanacho. Like the sound of it but how good actually is he?

49 minutes ago, Dan said:

Chris Smalling has also been linked with us.

We've been linked with both as well, as have loads of other clubs, no point reading in to any of it.

4 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Lascelles did alright all things considered in the Premier League and got the captaincy for it. But last season in the Championship he was meh, whilst Clark was superb for most of it.

Think everyone is pegging their hope on Clark being able to carry that into the Premier League and that we've rejuvenated him but we will have to see.

We still need another centre-back on top of Lejeune in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Toony said:

We still need another centre-back on top of Lejeune in my opinion.

If the right player is available then go for it but if not we'd just be piling up the wage bill just to play the percentages game like we did last season at centre back.

I would take Chris Smalling.

2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If the right player is available then go for it but if not we'd just be piling up the wage bill just to play the percentages game like we did last season at centre back.

Yeah I see where you're coming from but I'm not convinced by Lascelles and Clark had a bad reputation in the PL at Villa. Mbemba has potential but I'm not sure Rafa fancies him.

• Administrator

Swansea join the race to sign Tammy Abraham

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40325981

Swansea City are competing with Newcastle and Brighton for the loan signing of Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham, says chairman Huw Jenkins.

England Under-21 international Abraham, 19, scored 23 goals for Bristol City in the Championship last season.

"He's a young and up and coming player we are interested in," said Jenkins.

The Swans chairman also said the club will fight to keep Gylfi Sigurdsson, Alfie Mawson and Fernando Llorente, who have all been linked with moves.

Swansea are hoping that Abraham having worked with manager Paul Clement before during his time as a coach at Stamford Bridge, can work in their favour.

Jenkins told BBC Wales Sport: "Tammy does not have Premier League experience, but we are interested.

"Paul knows him from Chelsea. If you look at the options which have been publicised, (they are) Brighton, Newcastle and ourselves, so it is left to Tammy and his family to decide where he wants to go next."

• Administrator
10 hours ago, HK85 said:

You'd trust the fat fella to sign a decent Spanish player. 

Not sure on Clark and Lascelles, either. Both looked poor in the league before.  

He's French

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sounds like a Pro Evo version of Riyad Mahrez.

xD some of the similarities are quite uncanny.

Had the best chance creation stats in the top five leagues last season.

We have been linked with him too, he is exactly what we need. Won't happen though. Think we may have The French centre half and hopefully Acqua from Torino and Aboubakar from Porto too. 

Abrahams looks to be heading to Swansea, he would have been good back up for us but we need someone a bit older and a bit more reliable.

17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Apparently we are now linked with Lewandowski as well, United also in talks. He is 28 not sure how much he would cost but an interesting option. 

Seen that too. And I thought Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid would be the biggest bs story of the summer xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

25million  ..this kids going to be a huge star, hope we put a buy back clause in

Man City 'willing to accept £18m Lyon bid for Eliaquim Mangala

I'm reading we're offering £25mil and you're putting a £40mil buy back clause in there.

The offer is definite. It's been said by our most reliable bloke.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I'm reading we're offering £25mil and you're putting a £40mil buy back clause in there.

The offer is definite. It's been said by our most reliable bloke.

Minutes to goals, he's the best in the league, has that knack of popping up in the right place at the right time, don't understand why we are letting him go, Aguero is always injured so that just leaves Jesus  ..maybe it will make sense after the transfer window shuts :what:

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Minutes to goals, he's the best in the league, has that knack of popping up in the right place at the right time, don't understand why we are letting him go, Aguero is always injured so that just leaves Jesus  ..maybe it will make sense after the transfer window shuts :what:

It says you're after Sanchez too.

I think it's a move that would probably suit both clubs. He'd start over Okazaki for us (does he play deeper at all?) and if he develops at a rate you're happy then you can have him back for £15mil net spend, in the process we get a quality young forward.

If we bring in Iheanacho, Adrien Silva (being linked again) and a couple of others we'll have a very decent side going into next season. I think Schmeichel's staying and I have a feeling Mahrez will end up staying too.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

It says you're after Sanchez too.

I think it's a move that would probably suit both clubs. He'd start over Okazaki for us (does he play deeper at all?) and if he develops at a rate you're happy then you can have him back for £15mil net spend, in the process we get a quality young forward.

If we bring in Iheanacho, Adrien Silva (being linked again) and a couple of others we'll have a very decent side going into next season. I think Schmeichel's staying and I have a feeling Mahrez will end up staying too.

We are trying hard to get him, the Arsenal website had Welbeck number 7 shirts up for sale before so it might be close

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/21/have-arsenal-accidentally-revealed-alexis-sanchez-will-leave/

Iheanacho is a poacher and needs to be the tip of the spear, i've never seen him play deeper not even for the academy so not sure how he would do in that role. if you keep your team together you should do alright next season 

• The title was changed to Transfer Rumours 2017
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived