talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HK85 said:

Only two players had more minutes in the league last season. He was very much a mainstay. If Koeman wasn't arsed then he wouldn't want us to offer him a contract worth six figures a week. He's turned us down 

IMG_2215.GIF

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It is Liverpool, it's been reported all day in the media. 

I said first thing this morning when I heard this news that we should fuck this off now and move on to other targets. 

They don't want to sell and that's that. 

If they rejected that offer id say the message is pretty clear o.O

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

There is no quota. It's simply that you can only have 17 non homegrown over 21s in the squad, don't have to have 8 homegrown 

I always thought out of a 25 man squad, 8 of which have to be HG?

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I always thought out of a 25 man squad, 8 of which have to be HG?

If you don't have 8 home-grown players you can just leave the remaining slots vacant.

"After the closing of the summer transfer window each Premier League club had a deadline of 4pm on 1 September to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the "Home Grown Player" (HGP) criteria.

"The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown. An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21). "

From this: https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136 last season

14 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

If they rejected that offer id say the message is pretty clear o.O

The fact we came in with a second offer after they rejected the first suggests that we believe their stance isn't as rigid as they'd like it to appear. I have a feeling they'll sell if we bid high enough.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The fact we came in with a second offer after they rejected the first suggests that we believe their stance isn't as rigid as they'd like it to appear. I have a feeling they'll sell if we bid high enough.

Im not too sure on that, theres been alot of reports suggesting he has a release clause that kicks in next season for something in the €50m range. If they're correct with the kind of money we're talking about (and them being RB) I'd say they're willing to stand pat and let it play out next season.

3 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

In recent Real Madrid history, by a long margin, I can't think of anyone worse performance wise for them but he did improve towards the end of last season. I'll hang my neck on the line here and say that if he moves, he's going to surprise a few people in Spain this coming season. I do think a move to Chelsea under Conte and the current conditions though would have been better for him and it's a move I would have backed despite the price being off-putting. I'm tired of Moses' and Alonso's crossing and composure in the final third.

Álvaro Morata was never really given a chance at Real Madrid even though he constantly came up with all important goals when he was brought on in games that were going wrong.

They sent him to Juve with a clause at the petition of the then coach at the Turin club, Antonio Conte and much to Morata's disappointment Conte was offered the job as head coach of the Italy national side which he couldn't refuse.  Morata still enjoyed his time at Juve under Massimo Allegri but it was never the same.  Real Madrid made effect of their contract clause where they could bring him back for €30m and he was instrumental in the all important second half of the season... He didn't really get a chance in the first half of the campaign and Zinedine Zidane always favoured his countryman Karim Benzemá.

This is why Álvaro Morata decided some time ago that his time was finally up for good at the club that saw him grow and told the president that any sale would be a clean one with absolutely no buy-back clauses.  For that to happen, Real Madrid told him that the fee would be the one they wanted and if a club was willing to pay it, then he could leave with their blessing.  Conte wanted Morata because he fits into the system the Italian coach wants to play.  He was Antonio Conte's number one priority and everything else was speculation or the club going for their own objectives.  Luckily for Conte, none of those bets came off and he has achieved one of his transfer window goals.  There are still more and it waits to be seen if they come off.

In my personal opinion Morata is a pure 9 with an understanding of how to link up with the midfield.  He plays very central unlike Costa who likes to drift slightly wide and wants the ball in front of him which is strange for such a big bulky striker.  Morata wants the ball to feet and is very good in the air.  That for me means that Conte will be playing him with a partner and that remains to be seen who it is.  It could even mean a change of formation although it would be very strange seeing as the one he's used is the tactic he loves and is most secure.  There are other variants though in a 3 man back line and I am curious to see what he will do in this case.

I really wanted Morata for Arsenal but we don't go in for top players...  We go in for those that are castaways or are second choices for others.  Anyhow...  It's done and even though there is nothing certain in life, I think you've got a very good young striker that will be hungry (very hungry) to prove a point.

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Álvaro Morata was never really given a chance at Real Madrid even though he constantly came up with all important goals when he was brought on in games that were going wrong.

They sent him to Juve with a clause at the petition of the then coach at the Turin club, Antonio Conte and much to Morata's disappointment Conte was offered the job as head coach of the Italy national side which he couldn't refuse.  Morata still enjoyed his time at Juve under Massimo Allegri but it was never the same.  Real Madrid made effect of their contract clause where they could bring him back for €30m and he was instrumental in the all important second half of the season... He didn't really get a chance in the first half of the campaign and Zinedine Zidane always favoured his countryman Karim Benzemá.

This is why Álvaro Morata decided some time ago that his time was finally up for good at the club that saw him grow and told the president that any sale would be a clean one with absolutely no buy-back clauses.  For that to happen, Real Madrid told him that the fee would be the one they wanted and if a club was willing to pay it, then he could leave with their blessing.  Conte wanted Morata because he fits into the system the Italian coach wants to play.  He was Antonio Conte's number one priority and everything else was speculation or the club going for their own objectives.  Luckily for Conte, none of those bets came off and he has achieved one of his transfer window goals.  There are still more and it waits to be seen if they come off.

In my personal opinion Morata is a pure 9 with an understanding of how to link up with the midfield.  He plays very central unlike Costa who likes to drift slightly wide and wants the ball in front of him which is strange for such a big bulky striker.  Morata wants the ball to feet and is very good in the air.  That for me means that Conte will be playing him with a partner and that remains to be seen who it is.  It could even mean a change of formation although it would be very strange seeing as the one he's used is the tactic he loves and is most secure.  There are other variants though in a 3 man back line and I am curious to see what he will do in this case.

I really wanted Morata for Arsenal but we don't go in for top players...  We go in for those that are castaways or are second choices for others.  Anyhow...  It's done and even though there is nothing certain in life, I think you've got a very good young striker that will be hungry (very hungry) to prove a point.

I was talking about Danilo mate just to be clear.

Nice post anyhow.

13 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I was talking about Danilo mate just to be clear.

Nice post anyhow.

I'm like a politician mate...  Talk about something and I'll respond something completely different that I want to say! xD

Only that in this case I made a mistake but I'm glad you enjoyed the post. :$;)

20 hours ago, True Blue said:

I'd love Bertrand back, but we were not linked with him at all. Good age English and he could give Alonso a run for his money.

Is he really better than Alonso though? After really thinking about it, I don't think so. 

Alonso does his job, and does a fine good job. Stays wide, tracks back and puts in a great cross. Not to mention he is great at striking the ball. 

Bertrand is better at defending and a bit quicker. 

Both would complement the team well as our options, but I still think Alonso has the edge on him and Bertrand wouldn't want to come back to be 2nd fiddle again. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Is he really better than Alonso though? After really thinking about it, I don't think so. 

Alonso does his job, and does a fine good job. Stays wide, tracks back and puts in a great cross. Not to mention he is great at striking the ball. 

Bertrand is better at defending and a bit quicker. 

Both would complement the team well as our options, but I still think Alonso has the edge on him and Bertrand wouldn't want to come back to be 2nd fiddle again. 

Think they are of similar quality, Bertrand is better at the back, while Alonso is more offensive.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

VvD has told Pellegrino he wants to leave, Pellegrino has been told to train alone.

So he's training... Sans Pellegrino.

I hope this joke gets the kudos it deserves because I certainly appreciated it 😂

img_lbaquero_20170717-075641_imagenes_md

Barça's Rafinha to Arsenal?

The rumours are starting to be confirmed by journalists in Spain that should be listened to on Rafinha Alcántara.  Not that it's definitely going to happen, but that it is factual both Arsenal FC and FC Barcelona have been in contact to draw out a deal that would see the 24 year old move from the Camp Not to The Emirates.  SKY SPORTS are reporting that the only sticking point at the moment is the fee (believable considering we're talking Arsenal)... Arsenal have offered €30m and Barça want €45m with a two year option to buy back at €60m.

Let's see what happens...

Sky Sports: El Barça ofrece a Rafinha al Arsenal

Talk of Krychowiak being available, Emery has even said it's best he finds a new team that suits him. I wouldn't mind us going after him, big frame and a solid footballer. Would probably be quite cheap as well. 

I'd happily bin off one of Coquelin and Elneny for him, massive upgrade.

• The title was changed to Transfer Rumours 2017
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived