talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HK85 said:

This wasn't who I had in mind for a striker. 

Well thirty million got us a striker that doesn't run.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

We've rejected Palace's bid for Sakho. £22m plus £3m add-ons. Remember earlier in the summer when no one believed me that we wouldn't sell on the cheap?

I don't think any Liverpool or Crystal Palace fans disagreed with you.

I think West Brom's positive interest has caused us to move now. It wouldn't surprise me if we were hopeing for another loan deal with no other interest on deadline day.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ruined by Klopp.

I know you are trying to fish, but still, the lad has showed a lack of discipline at PSG, under Rodgers(when he stormed off for being named on the bench) and quite a few times under Klopp. 

Top defender but give it eight-nine months and he will break a rule at Palace too. Good signing for them though if they overlook his indiscipline.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain would prefer to move to Liverpool rather than Chelsea, according to Sky Sports News HQ

Chelsea have already agreed a fee for the England international with Arsenal and have appeared to be closing in on taking him to Stamford Bridge.

Liverpool have been linked with Oxlade-Chamberlain and the midfielder-cum-wing-back wants to move to Anfield.

He favours joining the Reds over staying in London with Chelsea.

But while Chelsea have had a bid accepted by Arsenal, claimed to be in the £35m to £40m region, Liverpool have not yet submitted an offer.

It has been claimed the Reds want to make sure they sign either Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal or Thomas Lemar from Monaco before the window closes.

o.O

• Subscriber

Drinkwater's handed in a transfer request apparently. If true I've ost a lot of respect for him for leaving it this late in the window. Mahrez has gone about it the right way (if there is a right way), admitted he wanted the move, hasn't got anything so has kept on playing. Drinkwater hasn't played, don't buy at all he's injured personally

It's going to be a nightmare couple of days for us, I can just tell it is, we will bodge this up somehow. The last two windows were atrocious, this one was going quite well but looks all set to go wrong. Maybe I'm just a pessimist by nature.

I can see Mahrez going as well. I think this frenzy of action in the last couple of days is going to lead to someone, in my opinion, Arsenal, paying up the money for him after all in a panic to get someone in, he'll be seen as a decent go-to as he does want out and has been quoted as saying he wants to stay in England. If this is the case I'd try and up it to £60mil or even more. If van Dijk is seriously going for £80mil+ then we've got a case to bump it up, Mahrez won POTY a year ago, he's clearly got the ability.

We lose Drinkwater & Mahrez now we're fucked. I have very little faith that we're going to replace them properly if we do lose them. That's my biggest gripe with us now. There was a point where I'd have backed us to replace anyone we lost well but I can't say I've retained that.

Krychowiak is being linked with us and West Brom. Now I'd be happy with that, to be fair, but my one worry is he's a defensive midfielder and I wouldn't class Drinkwater as that. I don't think he's a direct replacement for him, unless we fancy Iborra or James as that.

Andros Townsend is being linked also. I don't think he's a bad player, gets more criticism than he should, but I'll be massively underwhelmed if that's the Mahrez replacement. Townsend is a steady winger, Mahrez on his day is a genius.

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain would prefer to move to Liverpool rather than Chelsea, according to Sky Sports News HQ

Chelsea have already agreed a fee for the England international with Arsenal and have appeared to be closing in on taking him to Stamford Bridge.

Liverpool have been linked with Oxlade-Chamberlain and the midfielder-cum-wing-back wants to move to Anfield.

He favours joining the Reds over staying in London with Chelsea.

But while Chelsea have had a bid accepted by Arsenal, claimed to be in the £35m to £40m region, Liverpool have not yet submitted an offer.

It has been claimed the Reds want to make sure they sign either Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal or Thomas Lemar from Monaco before the window closes.
o.O

Fuck's sake, this guy dithers when making decisions in all aspects of his life.

David Ornstein‏Verified account @bbcsport_david

Oxlade-Chamberlain has rejected Chelsea move & wants to join Liverpool. Bid lower than #CFC £40m expected. Otherwise will stay at #AFC #LFC

Main reason for AOC wanting to leave Arsenal was to move from RWB to central position & feels Chelsea will also play him RWB #AFC #CFC #LFC

• Subscriber

Chelsea really do baffle me. For all the stick they get over their loan policy you can at least kind of see a tangible benefit from it as they end up making a fair bit of money by selling them on as said players' value increases while out on loan.

But why on fucking earth have they loaned out Loftus-Cheek, sold Chalobah for £5mil, and then gone to offer us potentially £40mil for Drinkwater just because of the English quota? They're literally throwing money away.

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain has rejected Chelsea move & wants to join Liverpool. Bid lower than #CFC £40m expected. Otherwise will stay at #AFC #LFC

Main reason for AOC wanting to leave Arsenal was to move from RWB to central position & feels Chelsea will also play him RWB #AFC #CFC #LFC

Liverpool playing dirty tricks again...  How can they come out with a statement like that to unsettle a player under contract? :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived