talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

He's given a lot to the club (a Premier League physically) and has gone about his request to leave the club the right way. In a sport that seems to be riddled with players going on strike and disrespecting their clubs it'd be nice for Leicester to recognise Riyad's attitude and let him go. 

I do get that and I can understand him wanting to leave, but if he wants a move to a CL club then he can't expect us to charge less than what you should pay for a CL level player.

We hold the cards with both him and Drinkwater and shouldn't budge on our valuation for either, especially at this time.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

40m for Ox is outrageous. A player who got into the England squad when he was 9 years old and a move to Arsenal because he came from Southampton's academy, had about 3 good games in the last 5-6 seasons at Arsenal but because of his initial reputation rather than his actual ability or performances is still worth 40m. The lads actually under delivered more than Barkley which is saying something.

On the other hand, he is English, a young replacement for Milner and with Klopp instead of Wenger coaching him might actually find some performance, so it's probably a useful addition for Liverpool but 40m? Have English clubs forgotten there's a whole continent out there?

Meanwhile at Everton, having given up on Giroud, Benteke, Costa, Slimani we've been linked with Okaka from Watford today who must be about our 29th choice striker target. Would much rather just keep Calvert-Lewin up front and hope someone becomes available in January. Okaka scored 5 goals last season which I believe is the same as Oumar Niasse.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

40m for Ox is outrageous. A player who got into the England squad when he was 9 years old and a move to Arsenal because he came from Southampton's academy, had about 3 good games in the last 5-6 seasons at Arsenal but because of his initial reputation rather than his actual ability or performances is still worth 40m. The lads actually under delivered more than Barkley which is saying something.

On the other hand, he is English, a young replacement for Milner and with Klopp instead of Wenger coaching him might actually find some performance, so it's probably a useful addition for Liverpool but 40m? Have English clubs forgotten there's a whole continent out there?

Meanwhile at Everton, having given up on Giroud, Benteke, Costa, Slimani we've been linked with Okaka from Watford today who must be about our 29th choice striker target. Would much rather just keep Calvert-Lewin up front and hope someone becomes available in January. Okaka scored 5 goals last season which I believe is the same as Oumar Niasse.

Everton are going after a Croatian striker for 8 Million.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's given a lot to the club (a Premier League physically) and has gone about his request to leave the club the right way. In a sport that seems to be riddled with players going on strike and disrespecting their clubs it'd be nice for Leicester to recognise Riyad's attitude and let him go. 

Dunno if you're fishing here but we're happy to let him go and fulfil his wish but that comes at a cost and a price. No club has offered that asking price yet. 

My inkling is that Mahrez has agreed to said asking price and is comfortable with that as well as comfortable continuing to play for us if that price is not met. I think he'd have kicked up more of a fuss if he seriously wanted to force a move like Drinkwater has. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Dunno if you're fishing here but we're happy to let him go and fulfil his wish but that comes at a cost and a price. No club has offered that asking price yet. 

My inkling is that Mahrez has agreed to said asking price and is comfortable with that as well as comfortable continuing to play for us if that price is not met. I think he'd have kicked up more of a fuss if he seriously wanted to force a move like Drinkwater has. 

Has anyone been seriously linked with him at all? I haven't been paying attention, but I can't remember anything at all.

Saying that, I've just seen from some Spanish journalist on Twitter that Barcelona are lining up a bid for him. Probably a lie but it'd be a giggle

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Has anyone been seriously linked with him at all? I haven't been paying attention, but I can't remember anything at all.

Saying that, I've just seen from some Spanish journalist on Twitter that Barcelona are lining up a bid for him. Probably a lie but it'd be a giggle

Roma were. They made few bids around £25m-30m and were hastily told to do one. 

7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

This is the Algerian national team. Mahrez has been allowed to go and formalise his transfer to a new club. Any ideas, anyone?

Read on Twitter that Barcelona contacted Mahrez but as a plan B, if the Coutinho doesn´t go through. I imagine it´s not Barcelona then. I think it´s Arsenal.

• Subscriber

Growing rumours it's Barcelona.

Absolutely amazing if he's got a move there. Don't get me wrong, I think massively of him as a player, but I didn't think he'd get that move after such a mediocre season.

At least we can be sure if it's them we won't have been ripped off.

Fear for us though. Nailed on we go and buy Townsend and it just isn't the same.

17 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Read on Twitter that Barcelona contacted Mahrez but as a plan B, if the Coutinho doesn´t go through. I imagine it´s not Barcelona then. I think it´s Arsenal.

I can't see Mahrez being a direct alternative to Coutinho, mate, they're different players.

Barcelona are the only team I can find credible links too still, but I'm not really convinced as they're hardly the type to keep things quiet.

• Subscriber

They've been linked with him before. With their board as marketing obsessed as ever I reckon they'd be all over an Algerian. They're a bunch of fanatics.

When you're having £130mil turned down for Coutinho, supposedly, then £50mil for Mahrez may not seem bad.

This is a board who have just signed Paulinho. Even after the year he's just had it's no way their most laughable signing should it go through.

If he goes to Barcelona, he goes with my blessing. Absolutely massive kick in the teeth for us, but ultimately a symptom of spectacularly failing to capitalise on our most powerful ever position. We're the lottery winner who blew it all with little to show for it.

He's been an amazing player for us. The most talented I've ever seen here, one that was plucked from obscurity, showed an initial burst but ended up hitting heights none of us imagined. If he's got that Barcelona move then I hope he rips it up for them. I'm proud he played for us.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Jonny Evans to Man City (I may have a punt on him staying at WBA at 4/1)

It would be risky. Pep wants another defender in this window and Evans has been the one we have bid for and not got yet, plus we have just let Mangala go which i don't think Pep would of agreed to if we didn't have another CB lined up  ..we only have 3 CB's now so we will buy another today esp with Kompanys injury record

• The topic was unpinned

Archived