talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Arsenal are linked with fuck all.  Resigning Wenger seems to be one of the worst decisions in the clubs history. 

Looks like losing to you in the FA Cup Final and Community Shield was a master plot by Conte. 

• Subscriber

If you get the Drinkwater of 2015/16 and the first half of last season you've got a solid signing, if you get the Drinkwater of after then (where in fairness, he was rumoured to be playing through injury) then we've had your pants down.

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

Ox made his debut at the 8-2 defeat at Old Trafford and played his last game at a -0 defeat at Anfield. That is progress I guess..

You could make that sort of claim about most of your squad to be fair. 

1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

They are calling Ox 'Fat Walcott' over at Arsenal mania. Made me chuckle.

But on a serious note, I totally expect Wenger to come out and say that they are balancing the wage bill/transfer budget for missing out on UCL.

Well he needs to sell players like Debuchy who is on 90k a week. People forget Joel Campbell is still at the club also.

3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

My point was, he is going to give that excuse for selling Ox and possibly Sanchez, if he leaves. 

Oh i know but i mean that be a lame excuse considering the cash reserves Arsenal have plus there are so many players people forget about at Arsenal who are on around 80k a week. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, shut up said:

Coutinho to Barca almost done. £120m including bonuses. 

I saw that story too, it's been debunked by Balague as Catalan press optimism. Until Liverpool announce anything. It's just Barca desperation. They can't give up now because if they do, It seriously undermines their reputation doing business in future. To be fair, they come out of this looking pretty shabby 

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

I saw that story too, it's been debunked by Balague as Catalan press optimism. Until Liverpool announce anything. It's just Barca desperation. They can't give up now because if they do, It seriously undermines their reputation doing business in future. To be fair, they come out of this looking pretty shabby 

Buying the players they've been going for makes them seem shabby?  How mate?

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

Buying the players they've been going for makes them seem shabby?  How mate?

How would you describe their pursuit of Coutinho? If I said "SirBalon is close to agreeing 75% of his annual income be paid directly to myself" and you denied it but I continued to reiterate it despite you saying no, I'd look like a colossal spacker. Even if a member of your family then supported my claim, for me to then continue to, what equates to lying, looks shabby. 

Curious analogy aside, playing games through the media is desperate (yes other clubs do it, but to this extent, no) and lacks class. For a team with a motto of "more than a club" perhaps it should include "more than a club, less than dignified".

Its not a coincidence that Barca are reviled in England and now even by sections of their own fans. The boards behaviour is that of hubris and misplaced self importance. 

Just now, Batard said:

How would you describe their pursuit of Coutinho? If I said "SirBalon is close to agreeing 75% of his annual income be paid directly to myself" and you denied it but I continued to reiterate it despite you saying no, I'd look like a colossal spacker. Even if a member of your family then supported my claim, for me to then continue to, what equates to lying, looks shabby. 

Curious analogy aside, playing games through the media is desperate (yes other clubs do it, but to this extent, no) and lacks class. For a team with a motto of "more than a club" perhaps it should include "more than a club, less than dignified".

Its not a coincidence that Barca are reviled in England and now even by sections of their own fans. The boards behaviour is that of hubris and misplaced self importance. 

Who said what mate?

Who?

10 minutes ago, Batard said:

I won't trust Balague. He is a fraud.

I think Coutinho is off. That explains our sudden interest in Lemar. Quite a few Spanish journos are stating figures around 150-170 mil including bonus, which is crazy.

On a side note, the fact that the Brazilian doctors have declared Coutinho fit makes me lose all respect for him, even though I am not entirely surprised.

Meanwhile, Reddy has stated that we aren't interested in Sanches. Well, that was fun while it lasted.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

Who said what mate?

Who?

Segura has been jabbering nonsense directly to the press. Especially the Catalan press. He said it on Television! Saying something over and over again when nothing is finalised isn't an objective appraisal of a situation. It's speculation. It's designed to do one thing only, precipitate a desired result. It's cheap. 

How about that 75% of your income though? 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I actually don't think Barcelona's antics have been bad this time, Pique is a loudmouth over privileged  wanker but other than that they've just gone about business normally. If anything they're being silly in bidding so much.

You see, I thought the Fabregas antics were bad, this one I feel is worse given Pep Seguras behaviour. I think it's cultural though, because we wouldn't see a board member of a club here appear on TV and say someone is close to signing when the 'selling' club has said "erm; no" ad infinitum. On a side note, if Liverpool do sell (which contrary to what people may think) I think it benefits them immensely given what they'll receive and can reinvest. 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

Segura has been jabbering nonsense directly to the press. Especially the Catalan press. He said it on Television! Saying something over and over again when nothing is finalised isn't an objective appraisal of a situation. It's speculation. It's designed to do one thing only, precipitate a desired result. It's cheap. 

How about that 75% of your income though? 

Segura?

Is that the best we can come up with mate?

Read back the Coutinho leaving thread and look pre-Segura's comments and then you'll have page after page (over 500 posts) on how Barcelona have been using all sorts to play dirty.

What was it then?

Because the thick arsed Segura comments are just one detail amongst too many unfounded allegations by people that know NOTHING whatsoever about what's going on.

I've already told you mate...  The press everyone is saying FC Barcelona have been using to unsettle Coutinho is the press that wants this particular board out!!!  They WOULD NEVER back them and are hoping for failure to occur on the transfers Barça have been going for.  They want the club to keep the money for a decent board to come in and return the club back to normal.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Segura?

Is that the best we can come up with mate?

Read back the Coutinho leaving thread and look pre-Segura's comments and then you'll have page after page (over 500 posts) on how Barcelona have been using all sorts to play dirty.

What was it then?

Because the thick arsed Segura comments are just one detail amongst too many unfounded allegations by people that know NOTHING whatsoever about what's going on.

I've already told you mate...  The press everyone is saying FC Barcelona have been using to unsettle Coutinho is the press that wants this particular board out!!!  They WOULD NEVER back them and are hoping for failure to occur on the transfers Barça have been going for.  They want the club to keep the money for a decent board to come in and return the club back to normal.

Mate. Segura works for Barcelona. He appeared on TV representing the club. This is incontrovertible. It is reality.

It would be like me abusing a customer over the phone at work and people saying of me "yeah, but he's just a douche, ignore him". I'm still a representative of my company. 

The data exists. Pep Segura. If some find it acceptable or don't care, I can see that. If others see it as poor and tasteless, I equally can see that. 

The behaviour remains undignified. 

76%?

Just now, Batard said:

Mate. Segura works for Barcelona. He appeared on TV representing the club. This is incontrovertible. It is reality.

It would be like me abusing a customer over the phone at work and people saying of me "yeah, but he's just a douche, ignore him". I'm still a representative of my company. 

The data exists. Pep Segura. If some find it acceptable or don't care, I can see see that. If others see it as poor and tasteless, I equally can see that. 

The behaviour remains undignified. 

76%?

He is an idiot and I stand by the fact he is exactly that!  He's been brought down to earth various times these past few months for outspoken crap he's come up with even criticising club players for not giving enough.

But like I said...  There have been many more accusations about Barça playing dirty before the Segura comments.

Where have they been playing dirty in this transfer saga?

When top players have other clubs interested in them, it's constantly in the news.  Take for example the three months worth of Italian newspaper stuff on Insigne going to Barcelona and even his agent (Raiola) coming out publicly that he had the deal done.  Barça never opened their mouth once in reference to Insigne and still haven't!

Could it actually be that the player wants to move to Barça real bad (unusual for a player to want to move to a club like Barça), that his entourage have been pushing all the details out?

I actually KNOW that last paragraph to be true because there's a whole lot more accurate info on that than anything else other than the Pep Segura comments.

I hate the present Barça board...  But here what we have are cheap shots coming from whatever reason it's being fuelled by.  The club have done nothing wrong in the signing of two players they've been looking to sign.  One of them to replace Neymar and the other, a player they've been following for 3 years.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived