talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Evil Companies and Corporations

football forum

Let's discuss all the evil elements in this world that aren't necessarily governmental.

I'll start with Rio Tinto, a mining company that is the epitome of English-Australian greed. They just demolished a 45,000+ years old Aboriginal site that was of incredible historical and athropological importance to the ancient history of Australia. Why? Because in their words 'it is allowed by law'. They also have a uranium mine NEXT to one of Australia's largest and most beautiful national parks. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't see the benefits ($$$$$) of extracting one of the most toxic substances in the world en masse, when it isn't even more effective than renewable energy. I am anti-nuclear by the way :farmer:

These scum should be held accountable for this transgression and should pay reparations to the Indigenous people they've disrespected and spat on as if they were worthless. But they won't because they have Australia by the balls thanks to John Howard and Rupert Murdoch, (thanks you cunts).

Juukan Gorge before and after

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nestle for their breast milk supplement they used in Africa which basically made the mothers dependent on the Nestle product in order to continue to produce breast milk - so essentially if you tried it out, you then had the choice of whether you were going to continue taking it or if you'd not be able to feed your kid. I'm pretty sure they've been accused of owning slaves too, so you know... they're not great.

Bayer invented heroin to cure opium addition, I don't know if that makes them evil... but they did buy Monsanto, so they've sort of absorbed a famously evil corporation. Agent Orange, the RoundUp Scandal, and exploitation of small farmers and fucking up the farm industry in the UK (and worldwide) are all a part of reason why they're hated. I'm sure Bayer have done enough evil shit.

Any tobacco company's a big evil corporation, tbh.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

The Sun.

The Sun is nothing more than a tool, a haemorrhoid on the arsehole of evil. Don't flatter them by including them in this list, News Corp is the real enemy of freedom of press. Rupert Murdoch and his spawn are probably the most powerful family on the planet, they control thoughts by controlling the news. The broker information to the point that they sent the precedent of how  news is disseminated and consumned. By being first to break the news they mold public perception, controlling ideas, and manipulating the populace. 

News Corp owns Vice Media, a famous lefty and trendy news group. Why would a conservative company own something like Vice? It is to subvert it's viewership by implementing their ideals and concerns into what Vice publishes, subtlety influencing the young readership to support News Corp. Money isn't their concern, control is; power for the sake of power.

Another instance, is 'The Project' on Australian Channel 10. The Project is marketed as a trendy, in-the-know news programme, but is just another voice for Murdoch media. What their typical game plan entails is talking shit about both political parties (ALP and ANP) but during crunch time reveal their true colours, 'actually if we had to choose it would be the Liberal party, because they are better than Labor'. They've sold themselves as a non-affiliated programme for years but then throw their lot in with the Liberal Party to sway on the fence voters their way 'well if they are impartial and are voting Liberal, I will too'.

It is literal thought control and it is horrifying.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Let's discuss all the evil elements in this world that aren't necessarily governmental.

I'll start with Rio Tinto, a mining company that is the epitome of English-Australian greed. They just demolished a 45,000+ years old Aboriginal site that was of incredible historical and athropological importance to the ancient history of Australia. Why? Because in their words 'it is allowed by law'. They also have a uranium mine NEXT to one of Australia's largest and most beautiful national parks. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't see the benefits ($$$$$) of extracting one of the most toxic substances in the world en masse, when it isn't even more effective than renewable energy. I am anti-nuclear by the way :farmer:

These scum should be held accountable for this transgression and should pay reparations to the Indigenous people they've disrespected and spat on as if they were worthless. But they won't because they have Australia by the balls thanks to John Howard and Rupert Murdoch, (thanks you cunts).

Ah a woke friendly jordies boi

Amazon. Who hide profits, have gps trackers on their workers, which zap them for going the wrong way, who have to run to make deliveries. 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Amazon. Who hide profits, have gps trackers on their workers, which zap them for going the wrong way, who have to run to make deliveries. 

Damn, my hidden secret of not having my own opinions has been found out :ph34r:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 01/06/2020 at 19:17, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Speaking of Amazon, Bezos resigned as CEO and one of the last things he said was 'that we need to treat our employees better'. Fucking hell, you don't take a shit on the floor and expect someone else to clean it up. What a cunt, hope he gets divorced a few more times. They also sacked all their employees that were trying to form a union for better workplace conditions.

4 hours ago, McAzeem said:

The oxygen cylinder makers are hiking up the prices bcz of high covid demand. We are just a commodity to them !

That's disgusting. 

There have been some horrible stories to come out of this Covid crisis and not everyone has been out to help people. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, McAzeem said:

The oxygen cylinder makers are hiking up the prices bcz of high covid demand. We are just a commodity to them !

I thought it was illegal to hike up prices for supply of medical equipment/supplies during a pandemic?

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought it was illegal to hike up prices for supply of medical equipment/supplies during a pandemic?

Laws are there but no one to implement it. Corrupt officials are probably getting their cut from it. Developing world problems 

2 hours ago, McAzeem said:

Laws are there but no one to implement it. Corrupt officials are probably getting their cut from it. Developing world problems 

Apparently some parts of India don’t have regulation on this (which sounds… wrong to me, tbh - but that’s what “The New Indian Express” is reporting.

It absolutely completely immoral to do that during a pandemic, but especially to a country that’s experiencing a whole new level of crisis to the crisis

11 hours ago, McAzeem said:

I would expect they are working round the clock through covid with the demand skyrocketing. Probably paying their people more money to do extra hours and possibly even trying to bring more manufacturing capacity on line. This would increase their cost of production and require them to charge more for the product for the same profit.

On 01/06/2020 at 17:41, Spike said:

We don't really extract much natural resources in Britain anymore, at least not to the expect that they do in Aus, it was a big culture shock when I went over there that so many politicians were happy to have beautiful pieces of land destroyed for it, not just land but the destruction of the reef also. It seems like where Britain tries to stay relevant through banking and military operations (not a good thing), Australia is selling itself to the highest bidder.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

We don't really extract much natural resources in Britain anymore, at least not to the expect that they do in Aus, it was a big culture shock when I went over there that so many politicians were happy to have beautiful pieces of land destroyed for it, not just land but the destruction of the reef also. It seems like where Britain tries to stay relevant through banking and military operations (not a good thing), Australia is selling itself to the highest bidder.

Don't even get me started. There is one thing selling corporations (like I dunno, tyre manufacturing) to foreign investors, I am fine with that, it's the nature of it but I cannot stand to see Australia's mineral wealth, land, water, and all the natural resources exploited by foreign mulitnats, the gov, and Australian companies. China, America, and Canada should not own a single % of Australian land, nor should one of the driest countries in the world sell water as a commodity to foreign investors. It is so shortsighted, it is just like how the Howard government privatised Telstra in the 90s to artificially create a budget surplus. There is nothing wrong privatising things like telecoms but it was done for the wrong reasons.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, McAzeem said:

We've got regulations and the bigger issue is finding cylinders to get to folks because they've become a scarce commodity. The price gouging is happening but not as bad as before we started our official 14 day lockdown. 

P.S. We have always been a commodity to them.

On 27/04/2021 at 12:54, McAzeem said:

I would expect they are working round the clock through covid in manufacturing with the demand skyrocketing. Probably paying their people more money to do extra hours and possibly even trying to bring more manufacturing capacity on line or build another factory. This would increase their cost of production and require them to charge more for the product for the same profit.

(But then they'll exploit that and Jack up prices further than that).

Archived