talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brian's Scouting Thread

football forum

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I'm trying to learn about Marcus Ingvartsen(Denmark),  Randall Leal(Costa Rica) as well as Ronaldo Cisneros (Mexico). Still don't know enough on them though.

I'll post on who I think are the best Peruvian U23's in each position in a few minutes.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

What was the name of that player for Bayern years ago Pizarro was it? 

We had a really nice generation in the last 10 years. Our frontline was called the fantastic 4 and it included Jefferson Farfan, Claudio Pizarro, Paolo Guerrero and Juan Manuel Vargas and all were superb in their prime. The only one who remains on the team is Guerrero who is at his peak right now. They weren't only taken off the team because of age. It also had to do with a lack of professionality and determination for the team. Gareca and Del Solar were the only 2 who were brave enough to remove them. Gareca is our current manager and he's started a new generation. In terms of ability, none will become as good as any of the fantastic 4, but the team will be more balanced and more serious as we have shown in the qualifiers since removing them. 

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

To be honest the only Peruvian footballer I can name is Nolberto Solano. 

Its not just about "naming the players though" especially for a nation like Peru. For example, if an Italian in Serie A has potential at 18 and ends up in the Netherlands by 26, they have failed. If a Peruvian playing domestically has potential at 18 and at 26 is at a good club in the Netherlands, they have succeeded. Playing in nations like those for a Peruvian is enough to succeed for the national team, where as an Italian won't get looked at even if they are good. Not to mention that our lack of World Cups since 1982 puts off a lot of teams in the top European leagues, so its harder for the players here to end up at a top club and get playing time. The only example I can think of that went to a top league immediately from Peru and succeeded is Claudio Pizarro. Not even Solano as he stopped by at Boca Juniors first before going to the UK. The Peruvian league is a feeder league of other feeder leagues. Those feeder leagues are enough for a Peruvian to play good football and perform for the national team.

Anything I post here, I'll be tipping them for big things for the national team. I don't expect them to end up at Real Madrid for example, but to become good and underrated players, for sure.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

We had a really nice generation in the last 10 years. Our frontline was called the fantastic 4 and it included Jefferson Farfan, Claudio Pizarro, Paolo Guerrero and Juan Manuel Vargas and all were superb in their prime. The only one who remains on the team is Guerrero who is at his peak right now. They weren't only taken off the team because of age. It also had to do with a lack of professionality and determination for the team. Gareca and Del Solar were the only 2 who were brave enough to remove them. Gareca is our current manager and he's started a new generation. In terms of ability, none will become as good as any of the fantastic 4, but the team will be more balanced and more serious as we have shown in the qualifiers since removing them. 

I think thats the right way to go about business at the NT level these days because its been proven a lot in recent years that having a balanced side provides more long-term stability for football to progress in a country. Doesn't matter if players head to the elite clubs or turn into overnight super-stars but if they can perform as a unit there comes a time when that becomes more important than relying on one or four players to provide the hope of winning a game. 

Take whats happening in my backyard and how for years we only touted our one striker as the person the team turned to for any kind of result. The game and people's mentality towards it has changed for the better imo. We won't get to a WC nor will any of those players really reach any of 'elite' status in football but if we can keep moving forward the way we are now I can see good things in the future. 

Some gold moments there. 

Quote on Messi from 2007

maraddona from my words on all acounts hes no friggin marradonna i don't think his future will be bright can see him going to arsenal for some reason

Our league position may not indicate it but we have a number of decent kids at Orient. World Class, maybe not but we have a number of who will make careers out of the game. 

Sam Dalby was leading our line as a lone front man at 16 earlier this season. He's now since turned 17 but considering his age and being up against some very experienced centre-backs, he handled it very well, despite a small smattering of fans labelling him rubbish when he clearly isn't. Before he signed a pro deal with us, Villa were after him but just a few months after leaving school and the prospect of moving away from family, he stayed with us. 

Steven Alzate is superb as well. He looks no older than about 12 and he looks like he should be mascot not playing as an attacking midfielder but his footwork is unbelievable from a kid of that age and he's easily our best talent since Moses Odubajo. 

Theres a few others like Tristan Abrahams, Myles Judd and Michael Clark that are playing more regularly and looking the part of League footballers. 

Sadly, the coaching staff that worked with all these kids have all departed so it could be a while before we see anyone else of such ability. 

• Subscriber

Ben Chilwell was the brightest at our academy and if last night is anything to go by he's got a future in the game. Bit raw but there's something there, for sure.

Harvey Barnes, on loan at MK Dons from us, gets absolutely raved about by their fans. Some compare him to Dele Alli, who was also there.

Hamza Choudhury and Layton Ndukwu were both very highly thought of a couple of years ago but it's gone a bit pear shaped for both apparently.

• Administrator

went to the last page and the first topic in 2007 is Kasper Schmeichel xD 

Sergio Aguero one of the first topics on there as well. Whatever happened to him?

FM legend Sherman Cardenas makes an appearance as well!

Haha the Neymar topic from when he was 15 years old, first reply is 

"nothing really special, just a good supporting midfielder."

:rofl:

Here's a comment from 2007 on whether Mark Noble can become England captain 

"I like, I rate him a lot. But I think Michael Johnson has more chance at it in my opinion. He seems more influential."

xD

Here's a quote from the Henri Saviet thread in 2008

"I think most of the footballing world knows about this fella thanks to FM. He runs in quite a strange manner but theres nod obuting the lad has potential. Him and Gabriel Obertan could make Bordeaux quite a force to be reckoned with in the future."

:ph34r:

Comment on Bojan in 2008

"Bojan wont go anyway he will be like messi and stay at barca for life"

Naa plays for Stoke mate

Comment on jozy Altidore in 2009

"Jozy has all the right tools to become a successful world class striker."

Oops

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

to be fair, Voice of Reason got Harry Kane bang on right from the start. As did a few others who saw his potential. 

I got Kane really early as well, get a lot wrong, but got Kane right, always said he was a bit special, but even I didn't think he'd go on to become the player he is right now. A lot of fans wrote him off completely, but i guess the majority don't watch youth football like I did at the time 

Just now, Storts said:

I got Kane really early as well, get a lot wrong, but got Kane right, always said he was a bit special, but even I didn't think he'd go on to become the player he is right now. A lot of fans wrote him off completely, but i guess the majority don't watch youth football like I did at the time 

xD you might want to reword that

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

A lot of people laughed at Kane and called him useless when he was just breaking through. Funny how things change in football. 

Yeah they did, didn't want to give him a chance, wanted to keep watching Soldado fail. Thank the Lord he came through because our record of buying strikers since Berba is abysmal 

Right now, the big U20 player we have is Fernando Pacheco. 17 years of age, quick little player who can play on the right wing and the middle. Only seen him in the U20's though, he's only played 1 game for Cristal this season and it was 17 minutes although I was watching that game and he did well in those few minutes. If he doesn't kill his career with drugs and partying, I can see him being a key part of the Peru national team in 10 years. Although there is still time.

• Subscriber

Kane was pretty useless on loan for us but in hindsight we definitely did nothing for him. We played him out wide. Mental.

Amazed what he's gone on to do.

Harry Kane is definitely an anomaly, he burst onto the scene out of nowhere really.

Shaleum Logan:

Looks like the next young player who is going to break through into the First team squad, very promising, looked very good in both our Carling Cup games. Hes versatile as well, can play all down the right and all down the left (wing and full back.) Hes very similar to Ashley Cole or Gael Clichy in the way he plays, very quick and tricky, very exciting to watch.

Just watch out for him in the next few seasons or so, should break through into the First Team squad and could become a indispensible part of Manchester City just like Johnson and Richards.

Left Man City to join us, left us to join Aberdeen and is still there xD

4 hours ago, Tanksie said:

@Aaroncpfc on Victor Moses "If he doesn't play for England I'll chop 3 inches off my penis"

I'll heat up a knife

I remember making that comment back in 2007. I had watched a couple of academy games and never been so impressed by someone. 

Even though it's worked out for him (eventually) I didn't realise how hard it would be to predict that stuff even at seventeen. Nathaniel  Clyne and Wilfried Zaha weren't even regular starters in our academy yet Kyle DaSilva, Keshi Anderson, Ryan Innis, John Bostock, Nathaniel Pinney etc who we all had possible international call up hopes for have all really struggled to make a career for themselves.

• The title was changed to Brian's Scouting Thread

Archived