football forum

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

Yes, I figured that...

I watch the player a number of games. It's not really hard to figure out xD

So you make them up according to an arbitrary scoring system or you use an existing algorithm? 

25 minutes ago, Batard said:

So you make them up according to an arbitrary scoring system or you use an existing algorithm? 

This scouting sheet template is copied off Piet de Vissier’s report on Ronaldinho for PSV a long time ago. So if that’s what you meant I suppose it’s an existing algorithm.

If you meant how I come up with the scores, i balance stats and judgement. Make sure I’ve seen a good amount and have stats backing up my points. Hopefully that makes sense :D

• 2 weeks later...

@Stan Look at this!

Remember when I sent you a video I had made about an Angolan player which you said he played a lot of kick and rush? It was on my old account but you might be able to retrieve the PM.

Turns out he just moved to Lille :o 

• 2 months later...

Update on the players mentioned here.

Manfred Ugalde

Now owned by City Group and playing for Lommel SK, who is a 2nd tier Belgian side but have an interesting project. A couple interesting players on their side and of course owned by Manchester City. I expect them to gain immediate promotion.

Sarpreet Singh

Now at Nurnberg on loan from Bayern, so he's on course for a good career if he makes good decisions. I'm sure he'll perform on the pitch especially after his 3. Liga season where he tore it up.

Gabriele Zappa

Might not make it to a top club but he's at Pescara in Serie B who aren't a bad club for the league (though they had a bad 2019-20). He's 21 now but he might well make it to a Serie A team and establish himself. When I reviewed him he was still at Inter in the Primavera. So one of the more decent shouts here I reckon.

Those are some of the best ones. Some of the ones that didn't make much headway since were Capano-Gauthier, Ugarriza, Haquin and Bustos. They could still become something of course but they look to be late bloomers at worst. I didn't include the 2002 players because they are still too young.

• 5 months later...
On 17/06/2020 at 09:31, Mpache said:

@Stan @Storts @nudge @Michael 

Tagged you 4 as you are some of the most diverse football watchers on here.

Let me raise a name. You may have heard of him already.

Been following him but don't feel I've seen enough to do a full scout report (even after about 5 games). I want to make sure I know what I'm seeing.

Manfred Ugalde. Costa Rican forward at Saprissa. He's 18 years old and has 20 goals and 5 assists in about 34-38 games. Let me bring up that he's 18 years old, born 2002. Club Brugge wanted him but the move was cancelled thanks to the pandemic taking form. However, he's going to play in Europe at some point. Let's just hope he develops more than Joel Campbell did!

84bb9ea6b524c846c61dbb140943d515.png

Manfred Ugalde - Player profile 19/20 | Transfermarkt

@Stan @Storts An update on Ugalde.

He's on loan in the Belgian 2nd division and so far this season he's scored 11 goals. The real deal.

Archived