talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brian's Scouting Thread

football forum

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Moving now would be a mistake for him. I still am reserving judgement on him but he's got to use the championship as a stepping stone as well as take advantage or Norwich's youth development plan. Not go to Chelsea or United and get loan moves to other sides until 2030.

He's got to do similarly to what Dele Alli did at MK Dons.

My point is, do you just 'scout' players based on when youth players get linked with big clubs? and you didn't mention that he'd been linked with Man U in your first post about him, which suggested that you randomly found him, not that you'd just seen him linked with Man U then googled him for 5 mins. Hardly a genius idea that is it? And how do you plan to 'scout' Adam Idah? The only way of 'scouting' him would be to watch him play (a full game) how do you intend on watching Norwich U18 games?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Marc said:

My point is, do you just 'scout' players based on when youth players get linked with big clubs? and you didn't mention that he'd been linked with Man U in your first post about him, which suggested that you randomly found him, not that you'd just seen him linked with Man U then googled him for 5 mins. Hardly a genius idea that is it? And how do you plan to 'scout' Adam Idah? The only way of 'scouting' him would be to watch him play (a full game) how do you intend on watching Norwich U18 games?

No. I know its a shock to you given your big vendetta, but I use Youtube or Wyscout to watch Ireland Republic games. 

So much for "You just googled him randomly bla bla bla"

Now that I've put you in your place @Marc, will you do your usual thing and disappear when proven wrong?

45 minutes ago, Blue said:

No. I know its a shock to you given your big vendetta, but I use Youtube or Wyscout to watch Ireland Republic games. 

42 minutes ago, Blue said:

So much for "You just googled him randomly bla bla bla"

Now that I've put you in your place @Marc, will you do your usual thing and disappear when proven wrong?

So you knew about him before Man U were linked with him? You’ve still dodged that question. No way did you watch the full Georgie cIreland u17 game haha how stupid do you think I am.

Is vendetta a new word you’ve learnt? Reminds me of the kids I used to teach England that would just repeat new words that they learnt. They were like 10 years old though. 

Brian 2018. ‘As a journalist I believe you have a vendetta against me’

30 minutes ago, Marc said:

So you knew about him before Man U were linked with him? You’ve still dodged that question. No way did you watch the full Georgie cIreland u17 game haha how stupid do you think I am.

Is vendetta a new word you’ve learnt? Reminds me of the kids I used to teach England that would just repeat new words that they learnt. They were like 10 years old though. 

Brian 2018. ‘As a journalist I believe you have a vendetta against me’

Its not that I believe you have a vendetta against me, I know you do. Actually that post kind of proved my point.

And no I had no idea Man United was linked to him. I found him on Wyscout, watched a few clips and then saw that game to ses his tactical play and consistency. If you don't want to believe I watched that game that's up to you. As for your other question, I do believe you are pretty stupid.

15 hours ago, Marc said:

He was very loosely linked to Man U and a few other clubs by a tabloid and now he’s in ‘Brian’s scouting thread’ genius. 

@BlueDoes he know you're following him? He might not like it.

I certainly wouldn't want some Peruvian folk following me around.

7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

He’s definitely learnt vendetta in the last few months. Anyone who dares question him or disagree with him has a vendetta, apparently.

Except what you're doing is hating everything I do and finding some way to criticize me xD that's not disagreement, that's a vendetta.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Except what you're doing is hating everything I do and finding some way to criticize me xD that's not disagreement, that's a vendetta.

You don’t need anyone to find a reason to criticise you, you do enough to make reasons. 

How’s chairman life at Senor Hamster FC going pal?

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You don’t need anyone to find a reason to criticise you, you do enough to make reasons. 

That is where you are wrong, my friend

If you don't like me that's up to you, but I want you to know not everyone is going to think the same. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Can I have a report on Lisandro Magallan.

I can't say I've seen him a whole lot mate - I don't make reports on players I haven't seen.

All I can tell you is that he's played for Argentina in the 2016 olympics which wasn't a very good campaign, but I don't know if he's an exception in that squad.

Here is another one. Saw this lad in the Generational Cup, that youth tournament the MLS hosted. I actually didn't know about his fitness since the game was 35 minute halves, so I put what I saw although that one could be wrong. However, he's a short center back. Tiny in fact, but he's surprisingly good in the air. Unbeatable with the impressive leap that he has. Very good at defending too. Downside is his attacking and ball control isn't great so he's very much a no-nonsense defender.

83f361c75d62cf06ac4ad53b00f6c937.png

• Administrator

he's less than 5ft tall?! Can't see him getting far as a central defender being that short. That'll hold him back. 

I know some of the great centre-backs have been less than 6ft, but to not even be 5ft tall would work against him surely. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

he's less than 5ft tall?! Can't see him getting far as a central defender being that short. That'll hold him back. 

I know some of the great centre-backs have been less than 6ft, but to not even be 5ft tall would work against him surely. 

He could work as a simple anchor man then. If he's not working as a central defender, maybe a holding midfielder could do but only that because he's not very good on the ball. 

Edit: I could have actually gotten the measurement wrong,, 5'8 feet tall, which is 1,47 metres I think

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

@Stan He's actually 5'8. The measurement equalizer said that translates to 1,47 metres.

that's wrong then because 1.47m is 4ft 8 xD 

5ft 8 is 1.72m. 

20 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Can someone explain the graph percentages to me one more time? O.o

The highest percentage means that is the players strebgth? And it's x amount better than his next highest percentage? 

Don't try. It makes no sense at all.

According to Brian's graph, if the kid gets any better at ball control, he'll have to lose a skill point in some other attribute. Fortunately that's not how the human body works.

It would be a good graph in a world where people who get stronger also got proportionally dumber.

• The title was changed to Brian's Scouting Thread

Archived