talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pokemon

football forum

• Subscriber

For the life of me, I would not have a clue what this game is or what are you supposed to do? I know our son & daughter raved on about it a while back and played it on their mobiles and going crazy when they obtained a certain Pokemon thing or character and they got the eldest grandsons, Connor & Alexander playing it.

So if anybody still plays this game whatever have a chat in here and maybe I will get the hang of it, looking at Pokemon I guess I would go for this guy, don't ask me why I chose him?

Pokemon Characters

download.png.b2c9f6e8b7ab2508c666f41dac9719ce.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

For the life of me, I would not have a clue what this game is or what are you supposed to do? I know our son & daughter raved on about it a while back and played it on their mobiles and going crazy when they obtained a certain Pokemon thing or character and they got the eldest grandsons, Connor & Alexander playing it.

So if anybody still plays this game whatever have a chat in here and maybe I will get the hang of it, looking at Pokemon I guess I would go for this guy, don't ask me why I chose him?

Pokemon Characters

download.png.b2c9f6e8b7ab2508c666f41dac9719ce.png

Good choice, he leads the dragons xD

The Pokemon craze has faded a long time ago. It's still very popular and for good reason, but I think it was hyped a little bit too much to the point that it's easy to lose a new fan. Case in point: the anime. It's fucking shite and always has been. Terrible jokes and dialogue (not sure how it is in Japan) and the main character is an absolute doofus.

The games make this what it is. It has gone a bit downhill since X and Y but the charm still exists. Black and White was the peak of the franchise in my opinion. It tried something completely different and was fast paced. It's so replayable and it's the game I find myself going back to the most.

As for the trading cards, I can understand why they are popular but I haven't bothered since the 3rd grade.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

The Pokemon craze has faded a long time ago.

I guess you are right there and I mentioned Pokemon to our son and he said he played it with  Alexander a while back but they both lost interest in it, I don't know if our daughter still plays the game with Connor.  O.o

I got back into playing Pokemon go during the lockdown after multiple years away. Was impressed with how the game has evolved, with multiple different narratives and objectives, and how it adjusted itself to be playable in a Covid world. 

My son loves it so have used it as an excuse to get him out of the house each day to go on a Pokemon hunt. 

20200603_004835.jpg

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Harry said:

My son loves it so have used it as an excuse to get him out of the house each day to go on a Pokemon hunt. 

Now that puzzles me, where do you look outside on this hunt bit, my daughter mentioned that she had found a whatever and she was chuffed but there was one character that was very hard to find and I am fucked if I can remember what it was. O.o

Pokemon Go is the mobile phone based Pokemon game. Normally it's Pokemon you are looking for not people. But there's several hundred of them and many are rare.

They are just distributed around your local area, on a Google map type interface, and you can find them and catch them.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

The Pokemon craze has faded a long time ago. It's still very popular and for good reason, but I think it was hyped a little bit too much to the point that it's easy to lose a new fan. Case in point: the anime. It's fucking shite and always has been. Terrible jokes and dialogue (not sure how it is in Japan) and the main character is an absolute doofus.

The games make this what it is. It has gone a bit downhill since X and Y but the charm still exists. Black and White was the peak of the franchise in my opinion. It tried something completely different and was fast paced. It's so replayable and it's the game I find myself going back to the most.

As for the trading cards, I can understand why they are popular but I haven't bothered since the 3rd grade.

The anime was absolutely terrible. I rewatched some of it along with Dragonball and YuGiOh when I was uni and christ alive Pokemon is absolute garbage in comparison to the other two.

I was brought up on the games but I stopped playing after Pearl/Diamond. I played Pokemon Go for a few phases, longer than most people but never hardcore.

I love the concept behind Pokemon though. I'm big into collecting games and the Pokedex grind was always challenging but achievable apart from the event Pokemon.

• Subscriber

Every episode was the same. Ash is losing a battle, Team Rocket interfere to steal Pikachu, Ash pairs up with his opponent to beat Team Rocket, somehow earning their respect and never finishing the battle but still being given the gym badge if it was a gym leader. It's literally about 50 episodes of just that.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Every episode was the same. Ash is losing a battle, Team Rocket interfere to steal Pikachu, Ash pairs up with his opponent to beat Team Rocket, somehow earning their respect and never finishing the battle but still being given the gym badge if it was a gym leader. It's literally about 50 episodes of just that.

And then Ash loses the Pokemon league at the end (well until recently that was)

Though, both you and Cicero are right. Ash is an absolute doofus.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I got back into playing Pokemon go during the lockdown after multiple years away. Was impressed with how the game has evolved, with multiple different narratives and objectives, and how it adjusted itself to be playable in a Covid world. 

20200603_004835.jpg

I was the same initially. Gave it a go when it launched and uninstall Ed it after a month. Had another go a year after but uninstalled it again after six months. However, after another six months I installed it and still play now. It has improved much more now than when it originally launched. 

If interested, send over the trainer code and I'll send gifts over. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's overwhelming now. What are there like 5,000 pokemon in total? I enjoyed it when there was only 150

A lot of older Pokemon were cut out of Sword and Shield. Not sure if they have been included yet. They are still fun, and have a lot more depth but the only game that tried anything different was black and white.

Here is an opinion. Very slightly unrelated.

The one thing that made Digimon popular was having a better anime than Pokemon. And by far.

The keychains were popular, but it didn't really translate to the west until the anime as far as I'm aware. 

3 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

The one thing that made Digimon popular was having a better anime than Pokemon. And by far.

The keychains were popular, but it didn't really translate to the west until the anime as far as I'm aware. 

Yeah the television show was the bollocks. 

Pokemon as a concept is amazing, but the repetitiveness of the games and the anime let it down. Still, I always enjoy seeing what new Pokemon there are with each gen. 

Digimon was class, shame it turned into a load of shite. Could have continued being the popular alternative to Pokemon If it hadn’t gotten daft. 

On 04/06/2020 at 11:38, Inti Brian said:

Digimon » Pokémon. The first 3 seasons of Digimon are awesome. The first one could leave you in tears, with how emotional it was.

Still have my Blue, Yellow and Silver games. Lost interest after that because it became daft.

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm getting back into playing Pokémon Shield. There are times where I absolutely love the game, and other times where I am just bored as fuck playing it.

I quite enjoyed Sword tbf. Obviously you can see it's more of a high resolution 3DS game and not having the entire lot is a bit meh but it's good other than that. 

• 6 months later...
On 11/06/2020 at 16:59, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm getting back into playing Pokémon Shield. There are times where I absolutely love the game, and other times where I am just bored as fuck playing it.

I feel the same to be honest here. It's a great game but it doesn't have the same charm as the 2D games. 

I am just happy they actually added a Pokemon League and not the daft Elite Four which hardly qualifies as a "league".

Archived