talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 1 - Austrian GP (3-5th July)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There it is

Ah, now we know that F1 is back to normal xD 

Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Red Bull apparently have developed their own version of DAS, so if this is given a clear, they'll be implementing it too, I suppose!

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

What happens in RB win? Are Mercedes' results forfeited?

If DAS is deemed illegal, Mercedes would have to remove it before the qualifying tomorrow. There are no results to be forfeited yet :) 

Teams and stewards will have a meeting in 20 minutes regarding this.

Just now, nudge said:

If DAS is deemed illegal, Mercedes would have to remove it before the qualifying tomorrow. There are no results to be forfeited yet :) 

Teams and stewards will have a meeting in 90 minutes regarding this. 

Christ, I guess their was no results. It seems like we saw DAS initially months and months ago.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Christ, I guess their was no results. It seems like we saw DAS initially months and months ago.

Yes, we saw it in the pre-season testing, and RB said they would protest it after the first race in Australia, but then it never happened as the season got put on hold :7_sweat_smile: It's good they are protesting it now, before the actual race/quali, and not delay it until the end of the race to protest the results then...

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, just when you think Mercedes can't get any more frightening. xD

It is a beautiful car to be fair, even with the impending music of doom to accompany it xD 

• Subscriber

Top 12 within 1 second in FP3, the whole field within 1.6s, quite eager to see the actual gaps in qualifying and in the race. RB seem to have solved yesterday's issue with balance, the car looks more stable, and based on their speed on the straights, I think they have more power than what they've shown in free practice (also Max had damaged front wing yesterday, which would explain poor quali runs). Hope Max can keep up with Mercedes, as Ferrari seem unlikely to. 

• Subscriber

Happy for Russell, he was equal with Haas too, definitely showing his talent. Hope he gets put into a proper car soon. 

Sauber and Haas, Ferrari power :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived