talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Best CONCACAF Team

Select the best all star CONCACAF team that you can come up with.

Rules:

Select the best possible starting 11 that you can think of, from players that come from the CONCACAF countries and also include 5 substitutes.

You can only have a maximum of 3 players from a single country in the starting 11. However, you can have a maximum of 4 players from a single country, as long as one of them is on the bench. You must also include a goalkeeper among your 5 substitutes.

The players that you select have to be currently active as professional footballers.

My selection is as follows:

Formation: 3-5-2

GK: Keylor Navas (Costa Rica)

CB: Edson Alvarez (Mexico)

CB: John Brooks (USA)

CB: Michael Hector (Jamaica)

CM: Hector Herrera (Mexico)

CM: Tyler Adams (USA)

AM: Giovanni Reyna (USA)

RW: Leon Bailey (Jamaica)

LW: Alphonso Davies (Canada)

FW: Jonathan David (Canada)

FW: Raul Jimenez (Mexico)

Substitutes:

GK: Andre Blake (Jamaica)

CB: Oscar Duarte (Costa Rica)

RW: Andy Najar (Honduras)

LW: Christian Pulisic (USA)

FW: Jose Juan Macias (Mexico)

Keylor Navas (Costa Rica)

Edson Alvarez (Mexico)   John Brooks (USA)      Michael Hector (Jamaica)

Hector Herrera (Mexico)    Tyler Adams (USA)

Leon Bailey (Jamaica)       Giovanni Reyna (USA)       Alphonso Davies (Canada)

Jonathan David (Canada)      Raul Jimenez (Mexico)

• The title was changed to Your Best CONCACAF Team
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formation 4-2-3-1

Kemar Lawrence (Jamaica) - John Brooks (USA) - Edson Alvarez (Mexico) - Alphonso Davies (Canada)

Tyler Adams (USA) - Atiba Hutchinson (Canada)

Leon Bailey (Jamaica) - Christian Pulisic (USA) - Hirving Lozano (Mexico)

Raul Jimenez (Mexico)

Bench: Narciso Orellana (El Salvador), Jonathan David (Canada), Manfred Ugalde (Costa Rica), Kendall Waston (Costa Rica), Mariano Diaz (Dominican Republic).

8 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Formation 4-2-3-1

Kemar Lawrence (Jamaica) - John Brooks (USA) - Edson Alvarez (Mexico) - Alphonso Davies (Canada)

Tyler Adams (USA) - Atiba Hutchinson (Canada)

Leon Bailey (Jamaica) - Christian Pulisic (USA) - Hirving Lozano (Mexico)

Raul Jimenez (Mexico)

Bench: Narciso Orellana (El Salvador), Jonathan David (Canada), Manfred Ugalde (Costa Rica), Kendall Waston (Costa Rica), Mariano Diaz (Dominican Republic).

Nice selection there Brian. However, I think that Kemar Lawrence is a left-back and you have him at right-back. Atiba Hutchinson is 37 now, but yeah at his peak he was really good. I preferred Reyna ahead of Pulisic in the attacking midfield role because Reyna has been a excellent when he has played for Dortmund this season(and huge things are expected of him), while Pulisic has had a mixed season at Chelsea. Also Reyna's preferred position is the attacking midfield role, while Pulisic's best position is out on the wing. I knew someone might include Lozano as well, but again, he's really struggled at club level this season. But all in all, I think that if all the players in your team were playing at their peak abilities, then it would indeed be a formidable side.

PS. I am surprised that you didn't at least have Reyna and Herrera on the bench. In fact I am surprised that you didn't even name a single American or Mexican on your bench, given the number of talented players those two countries have.

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

Nice selection there Brian. However, I think that Kemar Lawrence is a left-back and you have him at right-back. Atiba Hutchinson is 37 now, but yeah at his peak he was really good. I preferred Reyna ahead of Pulisic in the attacking midfield role because Reyna has been a excellent when he has played for Dortmund this season(and huge things are expected of him), while Pulisic has had a mixed season at Chelsea. Also Reyna's preferred position is the attacking midfield role, while Pulisic's best position is out on the wing. I knew someone might include Lozano as well, but again, he's really struggled at club level this season. But all in all, I think that if all the players in your team were playing at their peak abilities, then it would indeed be a formidable side.

PS. I am surprised that you didn't at least have Reyna and Herrera on the bench. In fact I am surprised that you didn't even name a single American or Mexican on your bench, given the number of talented players those two countries have.

I could have sworn he was a RB.

Napoli is my team in Europe and yeah Lozano has been underwhelming but it's his first season in a top 5 league and I'm willing to give his season a pass. If he fails next season then it might be time to question his talent.

And as for the bench, I went for something different. But in truth I forgot about Reyna and I have barely seen Herrera outside of the national team.

7 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I could have sworn he was a RB.

Napoli is my team in Europe and yeah Lozano has been underwhelming but it's his first season in a top 5 league and I'm willing to give his season a pass. If he fails next season then it might be time to question his talent.

And as for the bench, I went for something different. But in truth I forgot about Reyna and I have barely seen Herrera outside of the national team.

No, Kemar Lawrence is definitely a left-back. Fair enough about the teenager  Reyna, but Hererra plays for Atletico Madrid and used to be formidable at Porto over the last few seasons. I would have thought that you watched the Spanish and Portuguese leagues. Either way, I think these all star sides that we selected would be a match for the best of sides. Which I suppose kind of demonstrates the improvement in quality of the players that the region now produces.

Archived