• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea win the 2016/2017 Premier League

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Has been a poor game, we were limited to a few good chances and Conte went all out. Michy from all the people, happy for the lad

CMOOONNNN

I don't actually know what Michy has done to not get more game time, the lad is class. 

Just now, Batard said:

I don't actually know what Michy has done to not get more game time, the lad is class. 

He has played significantly better as the 'deep forward' in a two striker set up.

1 minute ago, Batard said:

He is mate, i felt that he wasn't a Conte buy. He did well when he was given time, Costa has been shit for 5 months but has to start always.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

He has played significantly better as the 'deep forward' in a two striker set up.

He's always had an impact from the bench, his goals to minutes ratio at Marseille was impressive

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

Huge props to Marcos Alonso. He has been a sleeper hit. The bloke has weighed in with some huge goals.

Now, I see that a lot but it surprises me, how did people not know Alonso was a decent player? He had performed well at Fiorentina and commanded a significant fee, around £23m and had previous experience in the Premier League. He wasn't an unknown by any shape. 

I'm glad they've won it. I hope they win it next year, and I hope they're the only English team to make at least the semi finals of The Champions League, just so all this 'oh all the extra European fixtures ruins our season' talk from other Managers can be put to rest.

11 minutes ago, Batard said:

Now, I see that a lot but it surprises me, how did people not know Alonso was a decent player? He had performed well at Fiorentina and commanded a significant fee, around £23m and had previous experience in the Premier League. He wasn't an unknown by any shape. 

I think you're being a little naïve, my friend. I think you expect too much from the average fan. Do you really expect Joe Schmoe to know about Alonso's exploits at Fiorentina? Hell, even our very own @SirBalon (one of the most knowledgable people I have the privledge of knowing) was surprised to find out Alonso had English experience with Bolton and Sunderland.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think you're being a little naïve, my friend. I think you expect too much from the average fan. Do you really expect Joe Schmoe to know about Alonso's exploits at Fiorentina? Hell, even our very own @SirBalon (one of the most knowledgable people I have the privledge of knowing) was surprised to find out Alonso had English experience with Bolton and Sunderland.

I remember him because actually did well at Bolton and was notable a player for them, so yes it does surprise me hence why I refute that. He was touted at joining a bigger club in the Prem after Boltons relegation, I suspect the short term determinism of English clubs led to most people forgetting him. Equally I was surprised when people forgot that Mauro Zarate had been a Birmingham player of some distinction. 

I remember him because actually did well at Bolton and was notable a player for them, so yes it does surprise me hence why I refute that. He was touted at joining a bigger club in the Prem after Boltons relegation, I suspect the short term determinism of English clubs led to most people forgetting him. Equally I was surprised when people forgot that Mauro Zarate had been a Birmingham player of some distinction. 

Not everyone keeps a mental library of what players have played for who and where. Players are forgotten daily and disappear into history books, how many twenty year-olds in England would know what a 'Guti' is? Speaking of Zarate, I was unaware he had signed for Watford.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

Not everyone keeps a mental library of what players have played for who and where. Players are forgotten daily and disappear into history books, how many twenty year-olds in England would know what a 'Guti' is? Speaking of Zarate, I was unaware he had signed for Watford.

I do. I call it my memory.

Zarate picked up yet another injury that has fucked him up. Injuries have shat all over his career from a great height. 

I do. I call it my memory.

Zarate picked up yet another injury that has fucked him up. Injuries have shat all over his career from a great height. 

Well, you aren't every person in the world...or are you...?

44 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

They've been comfortably better than everyone else this season and are deserved champions. 

They'll have European football to juggle next year but I don't think it will matter too much. Conte is a different breed. 

I can actually see Chelsea struggle in Europe next season. Conte is a class manager but he's always struggled in the Champions League with Juventus, although perhaps that will change.

Archived