• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea win the 2016/2017 Premier League

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

Congratulations to Chelsea! Fully deserved title! Happy for Pedro and Cesc too

Pedro was magnificent this season. His tenacity, movement, and speed fit Conte's system to a T.

Deserved simply by being the most consistent. That has been what's one it for them. A well oiled machine that has made very few mistakes unlike the rest.

I don't think they are the greatest team to watch mind. Think the league always seems a bit of a buzz kill when the title race doesn't go to the last.

Thoroughly deserved and it's been just a matter of time for a long time.

It'll be interesting to see how they do next season when they're back in the Champions League, I can't see Conte having too many issues. One of the best managers in the world, comfortably.

15 hours ago, Spike said:

Much credit to that marvelous Italian wizard! Here is to more years of his leadership!
Bittersweet, really. Champions but looks like ol' JT is on the way out.

Image result for conte bald

he has more hair now that he's 47 than back then :D

anyways. I think now it's time for him to leave you and go save another desperate team like Inter.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Diego Costa has seriously got a few screws loose.

Actually it's already been proven Terry put Costa's hand there and wasn't letting it go which is why Costa is slapping his arse and calling him a dirty slag.  Watch it again after I've spilled the beans and it all slots into place like Costa's hand did. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

John Terry is going to lift the Premier League trophy 

xD

That bloke will be coming back in full kit to lift every trophy Chelsea win once he has left 

Well he is still officially the Captain, and has made enough appearances to get a medal. He also said he would lift it together with Cahill if he'd let him xD. Like he did with Lampard for the previous years. 

FInally get the chance to post after a hectic Friday and Saturday. 

Aside our 2005 title win, this one in particular feels special. This is down to Conte doing everything in his power to changing the whole club's image within the amount of time he's been here. No more of this 'Us vs Them' mentality, no more of the excuses, no more of blaming officials and other clubs,  no more of the dirty antics, no more of the youth players only getting 5 minutes a season, no more of the negative football, and no more throwing certain players under the bus.

None of any of that. We won the title because of football. 

At the beginning of the season, any Chelsea fan would have said to you that their main goal was to fight for a Top 4 spot, as our title chances looked very slim after finishing 10th. We played some atrocious football last year, and it seemed to follow us at the start of this one. It was after the spanking at Arsenal where Conte finally decided to stop the bollocks, and do things his own way. The 3 at the back revolutionised this team. Each and every player knew their role and executed it to perfection. This system is even now being played at the development and youth squads. The club finally has a philosophy. The system also brought out the best out of our players, the 4 I feel had the biggest impact were Luiz, Pedro, Moses and Alonso. Conte also put his faith into our youth, most knowable Chalobah as he will be getting a Premier League medal. 

Those saying we have been boring or were not 'appealing to the eye', are down right living off a cliche. We have been nothing short of brilliant. This is the first time in a long time our football had fluidity, where our players were actually cohesive. They knew what they were doing and what they were supposed to do out of the respect of our new system. It was brilliant. 

On to the double! Forza Conte 

tumblr_okvbuxCQBx1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

FInally get the chance to post after a hectic Friday and Saturday. 

Aside our 2005 title win, this one in particular feels special. This is down to Conte doing everything in his power to changing the whole club's image within the amount of time he's been here. No more of this 'Us vs Them' mentality, no more of the excuses, no more of blaming officials and other clubs,  no more of the dirty antics, no more of the youth players only getting 5 minutes a season, no more of the negative football, and no more throwing certain players under the bus.

None of any of that. We won the title because of football. 

At the beginning of the season, any Chelsea fan would have said to you that their main goal was to fight for a Top 4 spot, as our title chances looked very slim after finishing 10th. We played some atrocious football last year, and it seemed to follow us at the start of this one. It was after the spanking at Arsenal where Conte finally decided to stop the bollocks, and do things his own way. The 3 at the back revolutionised this team. Each and every player knew their role and executed it to perfection. This system is even now being played at the development and youth squads. The club finally has a philosophy. The system also brought out the best out of our players, the 4 I feel had the biggest impact were Luiz, Pedro, Moses and Alonso. Conte also put his faith into our youth, most knowable Chalobah as he will be getting a Premier League medal. 

Those saying we have been boring or were not 'appealing to the eye', are down right living off a cliche. We have been nothing short of brilliant. This is the first time in a long time our football had fluidity, where our players were actually cohesive. They knew what they were doing and what they were supposed to do out of the respect of our new system. It was brilliant. 

On to the double! Forza Conte 

tumblr_okvbuxCQBx1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Yep, all down to Conte!

He has turned around the image of Chelsea FC in one season for me at least.  A very likeable club now and playing some very interesting modern football.  Not that any Chelsea fan should give a damn what other club fans think, but in my view, from my perspective it's always a plus to have others laud you and not be agravated by other situations that have nothing to do with the game.  The league was won on the pietch and not in the press conferences.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yep, all down to Conte!

He has turned around the image of Chelsea FC in one season for me at least.  A very likeable club now and playing some very interesting modern football.  Not that any Chelsea fan should give a damn what other club fans think, but in my view, from my perspective it's always a plus to have others laud you and not be agravated by other situations that have nothing to do with the game.  The league was won on the pietch and not in the press conferences.

I don't know about likeable? They are still a lottery club with or without Conte and they still receive ridiculous transfer fees due to the intimidation of the Russian Mafia :ph34r:

Archived