Werder Bremen vs Wolfsburg, 12.30
Union Berlin vs Schalke
Augsburg vs Koln, 17.00

image.png

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a general comment. I saw the Bremen fans on here as well as others say that their run is grim. 

Now I want you to note I'm no Bundesliga expert. At the very least not on how this season has gone (since certain teams seem to flicker on and off in certain seasons). Paderborn, Mainz, Koln, and Wolfsburg really doesn't seem to bad? Although Bayern is still there...

Apologies if that was extremely ignorant. It doesn't seem awful though. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Just a general comment. I saw the Bremen fans on here as well as others say that their run is grim. 

Now I want you to note I'm no Bundesliga expert. At the very least not on how this season has gone (since certain teams seem to flicker on and off in certain seasons). Paderborn, Mainz, Koln, and Wolfsburg really doesn't seem to bad? Although Bayern is still there...

Probably the fact they've not won a home game in months and before the COVID break, they looked absolutely shot. Wolfsburg are 6th. For a team 2nd from bottom, that can go more towards the Bayern category, not Mainz and Koln.

Scoring goals seems to be an issue, too. So it may not just be the games left that are the issue, it's how they've got in to that position in the first place which doesn't breed much confidence for remaining games. Having said that, picking up the points they have so far since the resumption can give them some hope, maybe?!

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

On paper, we should win at least 3 out of those 4 matches. Should have won against Paderborn, Mainz, and Köln in the first part of the season too. But here's the reality of how it went:

Bremen 0-1 Paderborn

Bremen 0-5 Mainz (!) 

Köln 1-0 Bremen 

So yeah, while technically, we have an easier run compared to other teams at the bottom of the table, I somehow don't feel confident... 

Just now, Stan said:

Probably the fact they've not won a home game in months and before the COVID break, they looked absolutely shot. Wolfsburg are 6th. For a team 2nd from bottom, that can go more towards the Bayern category, not Mainz and Koln.

Scoring goals seems to be an issue, too. So it may not just be the games left that are the issue, it's how they've got in to that position in the first place which doesn't breed much confidence for remaining games. Having said that, picking up the points they have so far since the resumption can give them some hope, maybe?!

I know Wolfsburg are 6th but are closer to the bottom half than the top 5. They are about 12 points apart from 5th, compared to 10th which is only 5 points.

That said I haven't seen them to be able to tell if they've been unlucky to be in that position or not. So this again could come across as ignorant.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

On paper, we should win at least 3 out of those 4 matches. Should have won against Paderborn, Mainz, and Köln in the first part of the season too. But here's the reality of how it went:

Bremen 0-1 Paderborn

Bremen 0-5 Mainz (!) 

Köln 1-0 Bremen 

So yeah, while technically, we have an easier run compared to other teams at the bottom of the table, I somehow don't feel confident... 

Think that Mainz game will be the key one, if you get to it alive anyhow.

• Subscriber
Just now, Inti Brian said:

Think that Mainz game will be the key one, if you get to it alive anyhow.

Yes, it's very likely the other games will give me a heart attack well before the Mainz one 😂

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Rick said:

Is Fullkrug any good? Will he be fit for some game time at the weekend. The likes of Osaka, Sargent and Selke look utterly useless in front of goal. 

He's pretty good, but it's not realistic to think that he alone is the answer to all our problems. Definitely a better fit for the central forward role and goal scoring though, also very strong in the air - so with him we should be a bigger threat upfront by far. Füllkrug tore his ACL in training in September though (and he had another long term knee injury where he was out for 6 months prior to that) and was expected to be out for the rest of the season; it's a wonder if he's fit enough to play some part in the last few matches... He's unlikely to be in the squad earlier than for the Paderborn game, and even then, he isn't likely to play much. Probably just sub him in with 20 minutes left. I like him a lot, but I think it's unfair and also unrealistic to put all our hope in him at this point, especially given the circumstances...

Very excited about this, as I have yet to be able to watch any football since COVID, so this will be my first. 

Would like to see Gladbach get the 3 points today. 

• Subscriber

First Adi Hütter, and now Oliver Glasner complain about Werder reserve players and coaches "being too loud" in their support for the team during the matches... xD In Glasner's case it's understandable to be honest, our bench makes more noise than Wolfsburg's supporters in the stadium, after all.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

First Adi Hütter, and now Oliver Glasner complain about Werder reserve players and coaches "being too loud" in their support for the team during the matches... xD In Glasner's case it's understandable to be honest, our bench makes more noise than Wolfsburg's supporters in the stadium, after all.

Who cares xD

Let them make noise. It's probably just more emphatic in an empty ground.

Yeah - that is an odd thing to complain about. Unless the bench is standing up and screaming at the opposing manager, I'm not sure I understand why this could ever be an issues? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Who cares xD

Let them make noise. It's probably just more emphatic in an empty ground.

I'm looking forward to it being banned now xD 

• Administrator

Plea & Thuram are a great partnership. With Herrman supporting but not as pivotal as the other 2 for this Gladbach side. I enjoy their play.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm looking forward to it being banned now xD 

Pathetic if so!

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Plea & Thuram are a great partnership. With Herrman supporting but not as pivotal as the other 2 for this Gladbach side. I enjoy their play.

Pathetic if so!

Don't forget Stindl and Neuhaus as well. Stindl is always very dangerous in his attacking midfield role, while Neuhaus has been pivotal for the team this season, he is the engine room in their midfield. But yeah, Plea and Thuram have both formed a lethal partnership in attack this season.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Don't forget Stindl and Neuhaus as well. Stindl is always very dangerous in his attacking midfield role, while Neuhaus has been pivotal for the team this season, he is the engine room in their midfield. But yeah, Plea and Thuram have both formed a lethal partnership in attack this season.

Yes Neuhaus is good to watch play too. Got a decent shot on him and a player I'd like at Leicester if the opportunity arose!

Just now, Eco said:

How did Gladbach screw that up? 

Should be 1-0 up, or more. Freiburg haven't showed much at all. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

How did Gladbach screw that up? 

Hermann should not have connected to Neuhaus's shot. Neuhaus's shot was going to be a goal, there was no need for Hermann to get a touch on the ball.

Great play by Gladbach, but Neuhaus really should have scored there. It was lovely play by Gladbach and Stindl's downward header towards Neuhaus provided him with a golden opportunity to score. Missed chance there for Gladbach.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived