talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

football forum

• Subscriber

I'm always very reluctant to act like any sort of authority on issues of race because I've never had to suffer it and I've barely ever seen it in person. What is clear to me is that these riots have become a lightning rod for a lot of suppressed anger. This is about more than just one murder that may or may not have been racially motivated. You wouldn't have a reaction like this if there wasn't fucking massive underlying issues. People are saying stop rioting and go and vote but how do you think these people feel about their democracy when the Democrats have a majority in the House and the Democratic presidential candidate received more votes than Donald Trump in the last election and they still get saddled with a cartoon character who has no idea how to manage a crisis and got into power on a wave of xenophobia and nostalgia for a time when it was more okay to be intolerant of others.

The irony is that people thing people like Trump and Johnson are somehow leaders because they cultivate this strong man image with the help of a malleable media. If either of them were female, black, gay or even middle class then everyone would see them for the grossly incompetent dumb wankers that they are and they'd be laughed out of the room if they ever suggested they could lead any of the most powerful countries in the world.

I just think this is another case of people bending over backwards to try and prove there's two sides to every story. Yes that picture might not be the murderous cunt that killed a helpless black man. That just means theres another racist in the US who feels emboldened enough to wear that hat which is in itself a massive fucking problem. Yes, nobody can prove it was racially motivated but that's completely missing the fucking point. It's not like proving it was mere police incompetence would invalidate the intense rage, anger and injustice felt by so many communities. Yes there are probably plenty of twats using the riots as an opportunity to loot or have a pop at the police. Again, focusing on that is a distraction that plays into the hands of those who continue to cause the problem. 

How long do people of colour in the US (and across much of the world) have to put up with day to day racism while a President uses social media to act as a cheerleader for heavy handed police intervention and post catch phrases used by the racists that preceded him to endorse police violence against black protesters and the media reporting on the carnage he has presided over. It's alright sat half a world away and tutting into our morning tea about why they can't just sit politely around a table and ask their fellow Americans if they can please stop being so racist. We know nothing of these people's lives and what they have to put up with each day. We all feel a slice of this rage when we watch that video of a policeman kneeling on a civilian's neck while he begs for air, I'm pretty sure that many of us could act in a similar manner if we were exposed to that injustice as a part of our own day to day lives and our broken democracy didn't allow us to do anything else about it.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Have been reading various message boards and online newspaper comments from people in the UK. One thing I've learnt is there are a huge number of racist fuckers in the UK who've tried justifying this killing and brushing it under the carpet.

How many times does a black male have to die under horrible circumstances like this? What makes it sickening is that they'd have got away with it if it wasn't for the video evidence. Even then they seemed reluctant to do anything about it.

Then the ambulance didn’t even ask the officer to remove his knee when they turned up and George was unconscious, this is madness.

I've spoke to a few people from the USA in real life and on message forums down the years. They claim that police officers, mayors and senators are KKK members or sympathizers. If true, this explains a lot. Isn't there a rumor that one of the officers was at a KKK rally? 

The KKK is irrelevant and is a backwater movement relegated to the fringes of society. The last person to be voted into a government position with open Klan ties was David Duke in the 80s. That doesn’t mean however that there is a lack of people whose ideas are similar to the Klan’s.

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

The bad and the absolute worst.

I am good friends with an Armenian man, and I’ll tell you this; 100 years of the Turks denying the genocide ever happened has made the Armenians very sensitive about this subject. I want to show him this but I am scared it will kill him with anger.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

The KKK is irrelevant and is a backwater movement relegated to the fringes of society. The last person to be voted into a government position with open Klan ties was David Duke in the 80s. That doesn’t mean however that there is a lack of people whose ideas are similar to the Klan’s.

Because their a backwater movement, it makes it OK?

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, a larger amount of white people are killed by police but relative to population size black people are killed at a higher rate

Either way, I think it shows that American police are largely absolute scum and some of the vilest people in the world.

Just now, MUFC said:

Because you watered it down with your response you fucking prick.

fuck off you cunt, take your implications that I am ok with the kkk and shove it up your arse. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Because you watered it down with your response you fucking prick.

Just now, Spike said:

fuck off you cunt, take your implications that I am ok with the kkk and shove it up your arse. 

lads. Calm down. 

Best police I've ever come across are the Dutch, they don't make you feel uneasy around them. The absolute opposite in fact. Just personal experiences of course.

Worst I've come across would easily be the Guardia Civil, they are the type who make you feel uneasy when near them even though you have done nothing wrong. They also just smell of corruption, as if they would take you down and alley and extort you for money.

English police are hit and miss, some are sound and some are twats.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

When did I say you were with the KKK you fucking prick?

Just now, MUFC said:

When did I say you were with the KKK you fucking prick?

‘’beCaUase tHey are bAckwaTer iT mAkEs it oK?’ means you think I believe the KKK are okay, what the fuck else could it mean, you dense slime?

Just now, Spike said:

‘’beCaUase tHey are bAckwaTer iT mAkEs it oK?’ means you think I believe the KKK are okay, what the fuck else could it mean, you dense slime?

I'm saying because their in the background doesn't mean it's OK, you know the difference? Can people in the background not be influential? Seems like a nerve was hit you stupid fucking fanny.

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

I'm saying because their in the background doesn't mean it's OK, you know the difference? Can people in the background not be influential? Seems like a nerve was hit you stupid fucking fanny.

That was a pretty bizarre method of framing the question without context.  Obviously it isn’t okay, I never mentioned anything contrary, making your response ever more bizarre and poorly framed. Pfft, you were the bloke to come out swining with ‘fucking prick’ 

Just now, Spike said:

That was a pretty bizarre method of framing the question without context.  Obviously it isn’t okay, I never mentioned anything contrary, making your response ever more bizarre and poorly framed. Pfft, you were the bloke to come out swining with ‘fucking prick’ 

My swearing was a response to your swearing. Well done you answered by saying obviously it isn't okay. You got there in the end, am proud of you.

18 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Either way, I think it shows that American police are largely absolute scum and some of the vilest people in the world.

I wonder if it's something to do with their training and build up 

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

My swearing was a response to your swearing. Well done you answered by saying obviously it isn't okay. You got there in the end, am proud of you.

And my swearing was in response to an utterly bizarre line of questioning, well done now are back at your original post. Proud of me or not, yer still a cunt. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

And my swearing was in response to an utterly bizarre line of questioning, well done now are back at your original post. Proud of me or not, yer still a cunt. 

The question was fine, believe me in a face to face debate you'd have been asked the same question by most people. Am a cunt because you've rubbed off on me. Now I'm even more proud of you.

8 minutes ago, MUFC said:

The question was fine, believe me in a face to face debate you'd have been asked the same question by most people. Am a cunt because you've rubbed off on me. Now I'm even more proud of you.

the question was fine xD

obviously not when you go off your rocker when asked to clarify

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Best police I've ever come across are the Dutch, they don't make you feel uneasy around them. The absolute opposite in fact. Just personal experiences of course.

Worst I've come across would easily be the Guardia Civil, they are the type who make you feel uneasy when near them even though you have done nothing wrong. They also just smell of corruption, as if they would take you down and alley and extort you for money.

English police are hit and miss, some are sound and some are twats.

I agree. The Dutch culture is quite laid back and you definitely feel this when you're there.

Spanish police just have that look of 'do not fucking piss me off today or you will know about it' xD. You really don't want to cross them at all.

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

the question was fine xD

obviously not when you go off your rocker when asked to clarify

Your rock flipped first. 

Fight fire with fire.

• The title was changed to George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

Archived