George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

football forum

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
55 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Anyone seeing the riots in US

Trump saying 'when the looting starts, the shooting starts' and using George Floyd's memory in the same post is peak Donald cuntiness to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Azeem said:

Anyone seeing the riots in US

Crazy scenes... Nothing like totally destroying the community you live in, destroying jobs, property, and looting everything in sight... Since when does an injustice justify mass scale theft and destruction??? 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/gallery/2020/may/29/minneapolis-protests-escalate-over-george-floyd-killing-in-pictures

https://9gag.com/gag/aQd8yze

https://9gag.com/gag/a7W7VQ2

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Crazy scenes... Nothing like totally destroying the community you live in, destroying jobs, property, and looting everything in sight... Since when does an injustice justify mass scale theft and destruction??? 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/gallery/2020/may/29/minneapolis-protests-escalate-over-george-floyd-killing-in-pictures

I don't think it justifies it, but it explains it. 

People aren't perfect, and when you piss them off for long enough and leave them without any legitimate way of changing things, the anger doesn't just disappear. It builds up, sometimes for a whole lifetime, until an opportunity for release comes. 

That's just human nature. Even the most docile person in the world will lash out if you provoke them enough. 

It's not however human nature to kneel on a handcuffed persons neck for 7 minutes.   It's not human nature to let killers off the hook. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

People aren't perfect, and when you piss them off for long enough and leave them without any legitimate way of changing things, the anger doesn't just disappear. It builds up, sometimes for a whole lifetime, until an opportunity for release comes. 

Was it Martin Luther King that said 'riot is the language of the unheard'? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Was it Martin Luther King that said 'riot is the language of the unheard'? 

Yeah, but with the modern myth of a docile, mindlessly pro-establishment MLK, people forget his phrases like that. 

On 27/05/2020 at 06:24, Bluewolf said:

You have to wonder now if what has happened to her will now strengthen her views on Black people in a negative way or would she genuinely take a time out to reflect on her over reaction and learn something from it?? 

If her view on Black people is further tarnished after she threatened to lie to police about what he was doing (and this is America, so the cops doing something outrageous like killing him because he’s Black) then she probably did deserve to have her life destroyed.

5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Did you see a CNN crew of blacks and minorities was arrested covering the protest? While another predominantly white CNN crew took over the reporting and was left alone pretty much

Sort of underscores why these people are so furious at the cops in Minneapolis

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did you see a CNN crew of blacks and minorities was arrested covering the protest? While another predominantly white CNN crew took over the reporting and was left alone pretty much

Crazy. Police can do what they want and face no consequences. Why am I being arrested? No answer.

28 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Crazy. Police can do what they want and face no consequences. Why am I being arrested? No answer.

Kind of impressive how quick they arrested them. Meanwhile the police who murdered a guy who wasn’t resisting on camera... remain weirdly not-arrested.

I don’t recommend anyone watch the video of George Floyd being murdered, because it’s a video of a man slowly dying as he can’t breathe, and watching that is fucked up. But it’s out there on the internet to watch, a slow murder by policemen. And more journalists have been arrested in the immediate aftermath of this scandal than the actual fucking murderers.

The state of the US is absolutely appalling.

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

I don't think it justifies it, but it explains it. 

That's just human nature. Even the most docile person in the world will lash out if you provoke them enough. 

It's not however human nature to kneel on a handcuffed persons neck for 7 minutes.   It's not human nature to let killers off the hook. 

Whilst I completely agree, it’s not human nature to rob and loot for shits and giggles under the pretence that you’re angry about the murder of a guy. Go nuts, get mad, break windows, get angry. But targeting electronic stores for the sole purpose of stealing isn’t human nature either. That’s not lashing out. It’s taking a calculated risk.

• Subscriber

Is there a requirement to pass some form of Phil's bald head robot test before being allowed to become a cop in 'merica?
They all appear to be complete trigger happy fuckwits.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did you see a CNN crew of blacks and minorities was arrested covering the protest, while another predominantly white CNN crew took over the reporting and was left alone pretty much.

I did yea... I also saw a video of some white bloke in a chemical mask start trashing windows of a local store for no reason at all and then got confronted by a few people about it and he legged it..

I get the injustice of the system and the hatred that builds up over time in places like this and it's going on all over the world not just America.. There is a strong feeling that there is a lack of true and honest justice for people in general and places like this are just a powder keg waiting to blow... I wonder if they had not just sacked the officers but promised to bring them to justice for any wrong doing would they have still done all this?? As it stands there was no mention of them being charged or facing an investigation that I am aware of despite the fact the officer who did it has a history of complaints against him, I believe he had 16 complaints in 17 years of service so the very least they could do was state they would be investigating it.. 

I just feel that trashing your home town does next to fuck all in solving the problem but get why people get fired up, maybe the frustration with it all just gets beyond a certain point then one or two people start stoking those fires and before you know it places are burning down and looting is rife ruining the lives of those that may well have worked really hard to keep themselves employed and out of trouble..

For a lot of them now it's back to square one and so the cycle starts again... It's so hard to see how we are ever going to solve these problems.. People will always be worse off than others, people will always live in run down areas where crime is rife and we will always have the problem with racism.. I just don't see that ever going away.. We talk about tolerance for race and religion almost everywhere you look these days but we don't seem to be getting anywhere with it, and if we do it's such small steps each time, It's a massive uphill struggle any way you look at it... Maybe one day it will start to change properly but don't see it happening in my lifetime sadly.. 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I did yea... I also saw a video of some white bloke in a chemical mask start trashing windows of a local store for no reason at all and then got confronted by a few people about it and he legged it..

That was actually a police officer from St Paul Police Department, Minnesota.

Mad.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That was actually a police officer from St Paul Police Department, Minnesota.

Mad.

Mental. That cop belongs in prison.

Also yeah I’m not going to condone looting businesses in the community - even if I understand why people are rioting. I do agree with @DeadLinesman that a lot of them taking the time to go on stealing binges are making a calculated risk and “taking advantage of the opportunity” with riots going on.

I don't know if this is from the recent riots or not but either way it's beyond words the way people are being treated... Sure she was out of order taking a swing but don't tell me that 3 grown men couldn't have dealt with that any other way.. These were 2 Black officers and one White Officer as well, What the fuck is going on?? 

https://9gag.com/hot

The media are a joke.

Whilst it's obviously terrible that a police officer has killed a man, in the way he did, the mentioned officer has lost his job and has been accused of murder. It's not like there hasn't been any consequences or he's walking freely, doing what he wants.

These are not protests. They are acts of violence, punishable by the law. And they can't be justified, by any means.

But because it's a minority practicing them, it's seems we can't infuriate them by stating the obvious.

• The title was changed to George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

Archived