talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

football forum

51 minutes ago, ASF said:

The media are a joke.

Whilst it's obviously terrible that a police officer has killed a man, in the way he did, the mentioned officer has lost his job and has been accused of murder. It's not like there hasn't been any consequences or he's walking freely, doing what he wants.

These are not protests. They are acts of violence, punishable by the law. And they can't be justified, by any means.

But because it's a minority practicing them, it's seems we can't infuriate them by stating the obvious.

Systemic racism is good for starters. Without these protest/riots, that cop would have only lost his job. He murdered a man, and he has priors to go with. That man deserves to rot in jail for the rest of his life. As for the people who are out rioting, I fully understand why. They are sick and tired of beig sick and tired of seeing black and minorities suffer at the hands of racism. White kids shooting up schools, taken into custody relatively peacfully. Black man forges a cheque and his life is taken for it.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
36 minutes ago, Rick said:

Whilst it's obviously terrible that a police officer has killed a man, in the way he did, the mentioned officer has lost his job and has been accused of murder. It's not like there hasn't been any consequences or he's walking freely, doing what he wants.

Because nothing seems to be changing. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Systemic racism is good for starters. Without these protest/riots, that cop would have only lost his job. He murdered a man, and he has priors to go with. That man deserves to rot in jail for the rest of his life. As for the people who are out rioting, I fully understand why. They are sick and tired of beig sick and tired of seeing black and minorities suffer at the hands of racism. White kids shooting up schools, taken into custody relatively peacfully. Black man forges a cheque and his life is taken for it.

Well was it proved this officer killed him because he was black or is this another example of police incompetence? When ever there is a white officer doing something to a black suspect, the implication will always be that it was racially driven. Even with zero evidence to support such a claim. It's now come to a point where any act a white officer commits on a black suspect, it is automatically deemed racist. 

Kelly Thomas was an innocent white man who was beaten to death by police officers in 2011, and the officers were found not guilty. There's also Francis Pusok, a white man who was nearly beaten to death by 6 or 7 police officers back in 2014. But because they were white, Kelly Thomas isn't as important as George Floyd and Francis Pusok isn't as important as Rodney King.  

Police brutality and incompetence has been an issue in the states since the 1950s. That is the real issue. I don't think there is a living soul, perhaps maybe actual racists, that if proved this cop killed him because he was black, wouldn't want him to be sentenced to death. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, ASF said:

The media are a joke.

These are not protests. They are acts of violence, punishable by the law. And they can't be justified, by any means.

But because it's a minority practicing them, it's seems we can't infuriate them by stating the obvious.

Isn't the first time is it?

4 hours ago, ASF said:

The media are a joke.

He only got arrested after protests started, though. There’s also still lots of anger about his 3 murder accomplices not really facing the same consequences.

Also not all of the looters have been minorities: http://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/

And shit like this is why many people in America think their police are racist: https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justice/2020/05/minneapolis-police-union-president-kroll-george-floyd-racism/

Protests started in Toronto too. Luckily it's because of something that happened here and has nothing to do with George Floyd. So there is a reason for this happening over here. However, the people who think it has to do with Floyd and are defending "we should also stand up to American issues" need to get a grip as I can guarantee if this happened in Australia or South Africa, or Venezuela nobody would bat an eye.

One should never condone or justify looting. It doesn't affect the rich or has an effect on the system.

It only affects hardworking people whose businesses are destroyed. Business which they have built over the years. It also renders the poor employees of those places jobless.

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

Just to make it clear, I don’t condone business being looted and destroyed. I support the protests and the fight back against a corrupt system. 

My post was not aimed at you, mate.

@topic

SMH. Idiots who make matters worse.

17 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

My post was not aimed at you, mate.

@topic

SMH. Idiots who make matters worse.

I know it wasn’t. But it made me read my own post back and I wasn’t clear on that point originally. I blanketed everything under protests, which is obviously not the case. 

@Inti Brian - I’m not sure you can say racism doesn’t exist in Canada like it does in the US, https://curio.ca/en/video/unprecedented-report-released-on-racial-profiling-by-toronto-police-20862/ - if you’re black in Toronto you’re 20 times more likely to be shot and killed by police. And that’s an article from last year

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Inti Brian - I’m not sure you can say racism doesn’t exist in Canada like it does in the US, https://curio.ca/en/video/unprecedented-report-released-on-racial-profiling-by-toronto-police-20862/ - if you’re black in Toronto you’re 20 times more likely to be shot and killed by police. And that’s an article from last year

Yeah I was wrong, though it still is a lot better here than it is in the USA. We have more problems with racism to natives/asians to be honest.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Canada has a ban on providing race-crime statistics (for what ever reason) so it is impossible to actually see the context of that. For all we know, blacks in Toronto commit substantially more violent crimes than whites. 

Deleted this from Trump thread as more relevant here

When I spent the summer in Canada a bloke stopped me on the street. Pointing, he said "do you know what building that is?" I replied no. He laughed and said "of course not you are white". The truth is I didn't know because I was a visitor and new to the city, nevertheless we proceeded to have a friendly conversation. That building was the court house. He told me that in that court house there is a room in the basement where they take black men to prosecute them, he had just come out of there. 

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Canada has a ban on providing race-crime statistics (for what ever reason) so it is impossible to actually see the context of that. For all we know, blacks in Toronto commit 20% more violent crimes than whites. 

Doubt it. Pretty sure Canada falls in line with the systemic racism that’s all around the anglosphere tbh, it’s just not as bad and overt as it is in America, which is a shockingly racist place.

• The title was changed to George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

Archived