talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

football forum

28 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

They lie here too. The 2 most common ones for randomly stopping people are "there have been burglaries in the area" or "I can small cannabis" xD

Oh yeah, they definitely lie in the UK. That one I bolded....would happen to us all the time when I was a teenager. Funny thing is they never smelled our cannabis xD

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

They lie here too. The 2 most common ones for randomly stopping people are "there have been burglaries in the area" or "I can small cannabis" xD

Haha I’ve been done by the first one a couple times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Mental this hasn't been put into affect already (considering its one of the basic human rights here in the States), but its now been put into place that if bodycam footage shows a police officer pulling someone over on their vehicle, or arresting someone without giving a reason why, will open up a criminal investigation on said officer. 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Mental this hasn't been put into affect already (considering its one of the basic human rights here in the States), but its now been put into place that if bodycam footage shows a police officer pulling someone over on their vehicle, or arresting someone without giving a reason why, will open up a criminal investigation on said officer. 

Blimey. 

In the UK if the Police search someone they have to tell them they're detained, what legislation they're detained under, why they're detained, what there name and shoulder number is, what station they work out of and what paperwork they're entitled too as a result of the search. If not and that person complains there's usually a pay out.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Blimey. 

In the UK if the Police search someone they have to tell them they're detained, what legislation they're detained under, why they're detained, what there name and shoulder number is, what station they work out of and what paperwork they're entitled too as a result of the search. If not and that person complains there's usually a pay out.

People give UK cops shit as though all police around the world are the exact same. As someone who's lived in both the UK and the US, I think there's a significant difference to how UK police act and operate compared to US police and the people who act like UK police and US police are basically mirror images of each other are clueless.

The amount of accountability UK police have compared to US police is almost incomparable, which is why US police often act as though they have impunity compared to our police officers.

38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's written in the law that they have to tell you why you are being pulled over, or detained. 

The fact it hasn't been used against officers until now is ridiculous. 

US judges in criminal cases are often former prosecutors, US prosecutors work very closely with police - it may have been a case of many judges helping out many of their former colleagues who hadn't done their jobs properly. I think US legal history has lots of evidence where the legal system has sided with police who have acted outside the law... so it doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

American policing needs fixing. 

The guy that did the press conference seemed reluctant to call out what actually happened. Those 3 officers are cunts. He's a coward.

Archived