talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shirts, Badges, Programmes, Tickets etc - Collectors Thread

football forum

Anyone collect anything football related? I imagine for most it’ll be their clubs shirts and/or programmes but just curious to see what impressive and bizarre things people have. 

I’ve used to be well into collecting football programmes and had hundreds from games I’d been to and random ones I hadn’t been to. I debated starting an England collection recently because I’ve got programmes from the four England games I’ve been to but sacked it off. I was thinking of trying and getting a programme from every calendar year going back to WWII but I know I’d have no room for them and my girlfriend would kill me. 

I’ve got a Quality Street tin full of badges. I’ve bought a few during lockdown for a couple of quid here and there. Mostly old looking ones. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I started out with keyrings of football teams and then stopped. I was buying them online for teams I'd never seen play and thought it would be better to just do it when I've actually been to a match and seen them or gone to their stadium etc.

• Subscriber

A Man United Vodaphone top and scarf and 3 United match fixtures from the late 2000s, a pair of United slacks, a Glasgow Rangers top and vest, a Scottish Rugby top and from Australia a Carlton beanie and scarf of the team I supported in Australian Rules Football when I was out there and still do today.

Edit: And a Scottish Rugby top.

A few United books SAF, Roy Keane, Rio Ferdinand etc and a few United videos plus about 20 old video recordings of United matches going back to 1998 up to around 2006 and our daughter has just bought me a Man United Coronavirus mask, just waiting for it to arrive.

I had a lot more United stuff but it got lost in transit when I moved back to Scotland for good in 1996.

thumbnail_20200709_152239.thumb.jpg.d3219cbc1a8da1afbf2567c1f5e157b8.jpg

On 08/06/2020 at 13:48, Smiley Culture said:

Anyone collect anything football related? I imagine for most it’ll be their clubs shirts and/or programmes but just curious to see what impressive and bizarre things people have. 

I’ve used to be well into collecting football programmes and had hundreds from games I’d been to and random ones I hadn’t been to. I debated starting an England collection recently because I’ve got programmes from the four England games I’ve been to but sacked it off. I was thinking of trying and getting a programme from every calendar year going back to WWII but I know I’d have no room for them and my girlfriend would kill me. 

I’ve got a Quality Street tin full of badges. I’ve bought a few during lockdown for a couple of quid here and there. Mostly old looking ones. 

I'll post a picture of my room shirt hangings shortly. I'm also looking to collect 3D printed figurines of Peruvian football, but it is a bit expensive. So I'll only be able to buy one every few months.

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

Cupboard space? I was half joking with that photo but British vocabulary does confuse me sometimes xD

As in a cupboard. A place to put clothes in.

Archived