• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Ever Premier League Players

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Irwin was a left back? 

Gerrard also walks into that team, so does VVD over Terry. 

Irwin was primarily right footed who excelled at LB as well. I’d have he and Cole over Neville personally. 

I’m going to say Steven Gerrard, because he’s one of the most complete midfielders we’ve seen in the league. Played all over the midfield and did an exceptional job, carrying us numerous times tbh

22 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't think Irwin ever played at RB? 

He did but he was pushed at LB to accommodate Neville. Irwin was a vastly superior footballer to him. 

If I had a team with prime Cole, Irwin, and Neville, Neville would be sitting the bench. 

37 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He did but he was pushed at LB to accommodate Neville. Irwin was a vastly superior footballer to him. 

If I had a team with prime Cole, Irwin, and Neville, Neville would be sitting the bench. 

I honestly cannot remember Irwin ever playing at RB.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Probably because we either weren't born or wore diapers 

He started playing before he was born, but I definitely remember him playing in the early 90s - before Neville was in the United side. And I remember him playing at left-back.

Perhaps @DeadLinesman can weigh in?

@Dr. Gonzo @LFCMadLad @Cicero

You can google if you want, which backs this up. I was only 10 when I was properly getting into the game. Irwin was brought in from Oldham and was indeed a RB. He replaced Phelan in the team till Neville came through. Gary Neville still argues to this day that Irwin was a better RB than he was. However, his main United days were at LB from ‘95 onwards.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You can google if you want, which backs this up. I was only 10 when I was properly getting into the game. Irwin was brought in from Oldham and was indeed a RB. He replaced Phelan in the team till Neville came through. Gary Neville still argues to this day that Irwin was a better RB than he was.

Today I learned.

Tbh I believe Neville when he says Irwin was a better RB than he was.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He started playing before he was born, but I definitely remember him playing in the early 90s - before Neville was in the United side. And I remember him playing at left-back.

Perhaps @DeadLinesman can weigh in?

He started playing before he was born. So he played from his mother's womb xD

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Drogba was a big game player but nowhere near one of the best. 

In all his time at Chelsea he only scored 20 PL goals once in a season and scored 8 or less in 4 seasons. 

A team only needs to score 38 goals to win every game.

Archived