talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Is Back 2020 Final (Portland 2-1 Orlando City SC)

football forum

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I didn't realize Martinez was out :o 

This has to be Ruidiaz' tournament. I just hope he actually runs unlike most of yesterday and the games vs Olimpia.

What? Martinez tore his ACL back in February.....

I’ll tell you one thing: this game has been better to watch than yesterday’s drivel in Seattle. I haven’t felt that level of boredom watching football since France v. Denmark at the last World Cup.

2 minutes ago, Deco said:

I’ll tell you one thing: this game has been better to watch than yesterday’s drivel in Seattle. I haven’t felt that level of boredom watching football since France v. Denmark at the last World Cup.

Yeah this has been the best game so far. Seattle last night disappointed me, especially cos their 3 best (Morris, Ruidiaz and Lodeiro) all seemed out of form. 

12 minutes ago, Deco said:

Probably the best game so far, and the most talented match thus far, which certainly helps. Still pretty boring and way too sloppy from both sides. 

RB win 1-0. 

We always struggle against them so this isn't too much of a surprise. We certainly are going to struggle all year without a striker, and while Jahn is a 'striker', he is from the USL and is known for his height. The loss of Josef was obvious tonight, as he would have likely scored a goal or two. 

Defense was trash, end of. Bello is good going forward, but as a DB, he's never at the right spot. 

We didn't play our best team, so that is okay. Pity and Guzan were MOTM. Castro can go back to Argentina after tonight, that was the worst performance I have ever seen in Atlanta. We lost so many players last year that tonight wasn't the worst view of what Atlanta has going for them this year. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

During the whole season?

Was watching a bit of this as I had a bet on it and suddenly Atlanta made 3 subs in a row when they had already made a couple, seemed like a friendly for a second ahah.

Some Barcelona-like possession by Atlanta. NY just sat on their very early advantage the whole game.

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

During the whole season?

Was watching a bit of this as I had a bet on it and suddenly Atlanta made 3 subs in a row when they had already made a couple, seemed like a friendly for a second ahah.

Some Barcelona-like possession by Atlanta. NY just sat on their very early advantage the whole game.

I believe so. I thought all leagues across Europe had gone to 5 subs with the heat and virus? 

Yeah, we will usually dominate in possession, but under De Boer we don't normally working it into the box as much as we did under Tata. It appeared obvious tonight that we are missing a striker (Josef), but that is typical De Boer United soccer. Tons of possession, shit in defense, and not a ton of really chances to score.  

• Administrator

Cincinnati seem to have got a rude awakening then with that thrashing. Was this their first game? 

How are teams finding it at this new location? All games at the Walt Disney place? 

Looks like one player was tested positive overnight.

Thinking this will have to be canned sadly. A lot of countries have managed to cope, but the USA seems to care about standards unlike Brazil and Russia.

Wow...Minnesota has been awful, yet the KC GK getting a red card in the 74th minute even though being up 1-0, has turned around. 

Minnesota scored in the 92nd, and 97th minute to score two goals and win 2-1. 

• The title was changed to MLS Is Back 2020 Final (Portland 2-1 Orlando City SC)
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived