talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Is Back 2020 Final (Portland 2-1 Orlando City SC)

football forum

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Failed massively at Inter as well. 

So when I think of best MLS managers of all time, I certainly think of Tata as #1. Sigi in the #2 position (both non-U.S. citizens). 

Then maybe Marsh, Vernes, Bradley, and I am super impressed with what Almeyda has been able to do. 

If you or your Dad mentioned Bruce Arena I'll ban you right now. :ph34r:

Bruce Arena was not mentioned in the discussion. We were talking more the likes of Vanney, Schmetzer, Bradley, etc. Passable managers but understand the culture of sport in their country.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for this game, it's 1-0 in favor of the Crew. Absolute shambles of a match. Barco is a ghost, Pity is playing more like the San Marino POTY than the South American POTY. 

I have watched every United game, but I so want to avoid this second half. 

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Bruce Arena was not mentioned in the discussion. We were talking more the likes of Vanney, Schmetzer, Bradley, etc. Passable managers but understand the culture of sport in their country.

Berhalter was really good. 

In terms of American coaches, I think Bradley is probably the best. 

They left my corners a bit late! Only just crept to ten with one minute of stoppage time left. I can’t lie - that wasn’t a very entertaining match. I feel both teams could’ve played better. Atlanta really are missing Martinez up front, they didn’t look too threatening at all.

And it's over. 

3 games, 0 goals, 3 losses.

Regardless of whether your not you agree with this tournament, and yes...we don't have Josef, but that was pathetic. I can't think of ONE person who proved worth a damn. Pity couldn't cross to save his life, Barco was invisible, defense was shambles, Jahn and Castro were embarrassing, and yet De Boer did nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Deco said:

They left my corners a bit late! Only just crept to ten with one minute of stoppage time left. I can’t lie - that wasn’t a very entertaining match. I feel both teams could’ve played better. Atlanta really are missing Martinez up front, they didn’t look too threatening at all.

You don't have to be nice, that was deathly boring. 

Congrats on winning your bet!

22 hours ago, Eco said:

You don't have to be nice, that was deathly boring. 

Congrats on winning your bet!

After what I'd grown used to with the MLS, I thought being polite was the best thing to do! I must admit that I''m really enjoying watching the earlier kick-offs. I'm watching Cincinnati v. NYRB at the moment. Even though the Red Bulls are dominating and pressing up the pitch, they're really squandering any reasonable chances they're getting so far.

2 minutes ago, Deco said:

After what I'd grown used to with the MLS, I thought being polite was the best thing to do! I must admit that I''m really enjoying watching the earlier kick-offs. Watching Cincinnati v. NYRB at the moment.

Ha - I'm watching it as well, but after watching the last matchday of the Championship, this is going to be nothing more than background music. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Ha - I'm watching it as well, but after watching the last matchday of the Championship, this is going to be nothing more than background music. 

I need them to score in the first half. At this rate it'll be a 0-0 as I can't see Cincinnati posing much of a threat! At least I'd get my stake back if that happened.

8 minutes ago, Deco said:

I can already tell what sort of game we're in for. Bleak with one team dominating yet failing to score against a weak opposition... I may just go to bed!

Go - this is miserable and not worthy of your time. xD

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Deco said:

I can already tell what sort of game we're in for. Bleak with one team dominating yet failing to score against a weak opposition... I may just go to bed!

I feel like most games I've watched have been like this. 

Just now, Eco said:

Really, would like to see someone outside of LA, NY and Orlando to win this. 

Columbus would be cool. 

Columbus have probably been the best team so far. And I agree it would be cool, we don't see enough Ohio teams win championships in sport. Cleveland Cavaliers won a few years ago, but I'm not sure about others? NHL they don't win it, and Browns are the laughing stock of the NFL. No idea about MLB though, its the league I pay the least attention to.

• The title was changed to MLS Is Back 2020 Final (Portland 2-1 Orlando City SC)
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived