The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 0-0 Sheff Utd - Wednesday 17th June, 2020

football forum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Is there not goal line tech!??

The goal line tech failed, it looks like.

No idea why VAR isn’t involved there, that’s a goal and we all saw that. The way VAR is implemented is why people take such issue with it, and this is why. Seems like the exact reason why VAR exists.

• Administrator

20200617_184851.jpg

Mad. 

Surprised VAR didn't get involved. For all the shit that's said about it, they could have got a lot of kudos for correcting that decision. 

• Subscriber

I'll be very surprised if its not given. The referee kept pointing to his GLT watch and saying he didn't get anything and then replays show the goalkeeper is basically hugging the net behind the line with ball in hand. Weird just weird.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I'll be very surprised if its not given. The referee kept pointing to his GLT watch and saying he didn't get anything and then replays show the goalkeeper is basically hugging the net behind the line with ball in hand. Weird just weird.

It can’t be given retrospectively 

• Subscriber

Is VAR still being used? I thought there was some talk of them not using it for the rest of the season.

Incredible that the one piece of technology that you knew you could trust now doesn't work either xD.

Maybe they just turned the goal line buzzer off for the first game back in the hope that it would cause some scandal and get the Premier League/football trending early days.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Even if the tech to aid the decision fails? I'd hope theres something in the rules about that.

It's supposed to be 100% fail-proof so I doubt they've got any plan for when it doesn't work. 

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Even if the tech to aid the decision fails? I'd hope theres something in the rules about that.

Yup. You’ll hear a cliche that these decisions even themselves over the course of a season. They don’t. 

truth is, technology has caused more controversy than before it and I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d get rid and leave the decisions to the ref. Was strangely always part of the fun either enjoying a dodgy decision going your way, or having the piss taken out of you when against in the pub with your mates. 

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 0-0 Sheff Utd - Wednesday 17th June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived