Reverse Fixture
Southampton 2-1 Norwich

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

The crowd noise is so delayed xD

Ha ha yeah the cheers came to late. xD still glad it is there though

Watching silent football matches is shite, but watching it with the crowd noise not matching up with what I'm watching is pretty fucking weird. I guess there's no real substitute for fans and a real atmosphere.

Can't wait until this virus fucks off for good.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

So easy for Redmond. 

I don't really understand why teams like Norwich play out from the back. I'm sure the manager knows more than me but it seems to make them easier to beat?

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Watching silent football matches is shite, but watching it with the crowd noise not matching up with what I'm watching is pretty fucking weird. I guess there's no real substitute for fans and a real atmosphere.

Can't wait until this virus fucks off for good.

It will never fuck off for good!

• The title was changed to Norwich 0-3 Southampton - Friday 19th June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
22 hours ago, Lucas said:

Norwich have added absolutely nothing to the Premier League. Is there anyone that can hand on heart say they would miss them?

No. They shan't be missed.

They were roundly praised for their "positive approach" when Liverpool beat them four or five nil on the opening day. "Its so refreshing to see a newly promoted team come up and play fearlessly against one of the best teams in the world" they said. Didn't last did it.

You see these teams come up every so often. Blackpool are the most obvious similar example. They can't defend and are tactically inept, get a few results early on through sheer belligerence and the element of surprise which allows them to build some momentum for subsequent games and they're always about 9th come the first international break and the media are spaffing their pants over a set of players they've never heard of managing to punch above their weight for a run of 7 or 8 games. Unfortunately though, momentum and the element of surprise aren't a viable strategy for surviving a 38 game season. It's mad that Norwich have probably received almost as much praise this season as Sheffield United who have an actual game plan and can defend well enough to bastard out a bunch of 1-0 and 2-0 wins.

Only watched the highlights of this game. Norwich honestly didn't look arsed. The third goal was embarrassingly easy. I honestly don't know what they expected from this season coming into it with a relatively poor side and trying to beat better sides at their own game. A real disappointing addition to the league this season apart from a couple of upsets.

23 hours ago, Lucas said:

Norwich have added absolutely nothing to the Premier League. Is there anyone that can hand on heart say they would miss them?

No. They shan't be missed.

I think if they stick around long term and get a few windows under their belt they’d be decent

Just lacked investment 

I think Norwich were unlucky with injuries early on weren't they? Could be wrong. They've also spent next to nothing. would probably be well placed to have a crack at coming back up. I think long term you'd rather be in their position than Aston Villa's, who've spent massive amounts of money on the assumption they'll stay in the league but are probably going down

• Subscriber

I find it astounding we only took 1 point, and scored 1 goal against Norwich. Just mental in what's been otherwise a very good season.

Norwich are getting exactly what they deserve as well by the way. How can you spend about a million in this day and age? I'm no advocate of blowing money for the sake of it but they're just total tightarses.

Archived