talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-1 Man Utd - Friday 19th June, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.15 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg      VS        220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Head to Head
Tottenham - 52 wins
Draws - 49
Man Utd - 91 wins

Reverse Fixture
Man Utd 2-1 Tottenham

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Spurs always bend for Manchester United home and away, expect nothing but an United win.

We've lost once at home to them in 8 years xD 

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

We are going to get battered tonight. Could be carnage 

Really?

Have you seen Man Utd this season?

I know a response could be 'have you seen Spurs this season' to be fair but I can't see a battering for either side. Kane being back surely is a bonus considering he was originally going to miss the rest of the season at time of injury...

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Really?

Have you seen Man Utd this season?

I know a response could be 'have you seen Spurs this season' to be fair but I can't see a battering for either side. Kane being back surely is a bonus considering he was originally going to miss the rest of the season at time of injury...

Have a feeling United will be good. Better than us anyway. 

We are diabolical. I have no confidence at all. Jose is done, past it, a spent force. Not a Tottenham manager at all. He's Chelsea and shouldn't be at this club. I can't get out of my mind that team and performance in our last game at Burnley. It was abject. He played about 7 defenders. 

Kane and Son being back is of course a bonus, as is Sissoko. But same problems still apply. We have no holding midfield player. None of ours can do that job very well. Ndombele just doesn't have the fitness and mentality for the Prem. Our best midfielder Gio is injured. I The back four will get torn apart from their pace. Davies is slow. Toby lost a step. Sanchez erratic and Aurier...well...disaster waiting to happen. At his best when he's playing the roaming number 10 role he seems to have been for half the season ha. 

I just have no confidence in us anymore. I hate what's happened to this team. I hate that the identity we built up over a number of years has just gone. I hate that we let go the best manager we'd had in decades, despite his consistent warnings that he needed backing or this would happen. We punched above our weight but this team was good. 2016-18 we were excellent. We should have won things. Poch should have been backed. We should have had that extra player or two to take us over the top. It's so frustrating to see how far we've fallen in such a short space of time. And then to appoint a manager like Mourinho on top of it. Turgid football. 

I don't want football back, and I don't want to Tottenham back like this. Kane will go next summer I think because there's no way Mourinho is turning this around, and Kane deserves to be at the top. That is a sad day for the football club too because he reeeaaallly doesn't want to go anywhere. He loves it. He wants to win stuff with us. But at some point he has to accept that isn't going to happen at this club and under this ownership. Levy has a lot to answer to.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Surely Kane and Son being back is a big boost

See below. 

But yeah, of course, nice to have them back. But it's everything that goes on behind them that is most worrying 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Rick said:

Hope this spurs team put in a good performance for you @Storts and well, obviously cause it’s against Man Utd as well haha 

Ha thanks! can’t see it with that team though 

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Great timing on the picture. 

I didn't get it at first as I just thought the blue was added on, but I'm guessing it's the billboard. 

Lovely photo indeed, and as much as I despise Manchester United, he seems like a guy you can't route against. 

And he just almost scored!

Just now, Stan said:

Quality save from De Gea. Thought that was floating in from Son. 

It looked an easy save for De Gea, but maybe it had more pace than it seemed at first site form my office at home watching it online (as compared to having to save it myself.) xD

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-1 Man Utd - Friday 19th June, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived