talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League One 2019/20 Play-offs - Wycombe Promoted

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Looks like Oxford vs. Wycombe in the final. 

Also @Eco, going to Wimbledon doesn't sound very appealing for a final. :ph34r:

xD

Doesn't matter. Pompey aren't going so who gives a shit. 

I was thinking Wembley but typed Wimbledon.  FML. 

I feel sorry for Pompey. They are like us, just cannot overcome playoffs.

Lost to Plymouth in League Two, lost to Sunderland last season and now Oxford this year. It bloody hurts. 

But...they have got to get rid of Kenny Jackett. They wouldn't have been much cop in the Championship based on what I've seen this season. 

The bloke is an absolute dinosaur and his old school long ball tactics have hurt Pompey big time. They should be going through automatically in truth, not through playoffs but he will not let them play. Too scared to lose.

The plus side of this will be that he's surely gone. And Pompey actually have some decent options available to them potentially.

If he leaves Charlton, they should go for Bowyer IMO. He'd get them up. And although I criticised him for Bristol City, Lee Johnson would be a good fit for them in that division.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

I feel sorry for Pompey. They are like us, just cannot overcome playoffs.

Lost to Plymouth in League Two, lost to Sunderland last season and now Oxford this year. It bloody hurts. 

But...they have got to get rid of Kenny Jackett. They wouldn't have been much cop in the Championship based on what I've seen this season. 

The bloke is an absolute dinosaur and his old school long ball tactics have hurt Pompey big time. They should be going through automatically in truth, not through playoffs but he will not let them play. Too scared to lose.

The plus side of this will be that he's surely gone. And Pompey actually have some decent options available to them potentially.

If he leaves Charlton, they should go for Bowyer IMO. He'd get them up. And although I criticised him for Bristol City, Lee Johnson would be a good fit for them in that division.

I'd love to see Lee Johnson at Pompey.

Another blown chance this time for Portsmouth, and it sucks. This team has too much talent to be diddling around in League One.

I know a couple of Oxford United fans so hope they go up.

Though they need to get that 4th stand sorted. That bloke who parks his van in the car park behind the goal and stands in it to see over the fence and watch the games would be disappointed though.

40 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I know a couple of Oxford United fans so hope they go up.

Though they need to get that 4th stand sorted. That bloke who parks his van in the car park behind the goal and stands in it to see over the fence and watch the games would be disappointed though.

Seeing as it’s Oxford Utd they’ve got a surprisingly large working class fanbase for what you’d expect

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Seeing as it’s Oxford Utd they’ve got a surprisingly large working class fanbase for what you’d expect

Heard from a few locals over the years about how Oxford isn't posh. Everyone assumes it because of the uni.

Oxford has its rough estates and suburbs same as any other city in England. The part down where the Kassam is, Blackbird Leys, is your stereotype inner city council houses job. Always found the city to be a bit grim in general to be honest, gets a way better rep than it deserves.

Anyway, pleased for Wycombe and Gareth Ainsworth. Hope they go up but will be nice to have some new blood irrespective. Bit of a derby too which will hopefully add to the game.

• Subscriber

Disappointed for Portsmouth as it would have been good to see them get promoted but they just don't have the luck and have never seemed suited to the pressure of the playoffs. They'll be back up the top of the pile next season and hopefully it's automatic promotion for them instead, along with Sunderland ;) 

6 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Heard from a few locals over the years about how Oxford isn't posh. Everyone assumes it because of the uni.

Oxfordshire in general isn’t, there are some very posh villages but a lot of areas around Oxford, Bicester, Banbury etc are just general working class countryside/small town areas

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

What a goal that was from Oxford. And then they almost scored again.

Mate it was total fluke xD Not a chance he meant it.

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Who is this Bull of aan for Wycombe? He is massive dude.

Adebayo Akinfenwa. Absolute beast.

• Administrator

Stewart for Wycombe has been absolute quality. A threat from corners offensively and just everywhere at the back blocking, intercepting and tackling.

• The title was changed to League One 2019/20 Play-offs - Wycombe Promoted
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived